Elkmeat 13-Jan-17
oake 13-Jan-17
No Bark 13-Jan-17
Elkmeat 13-Jan-17
Chasewild 13-Jan-17
Elkmeat 13-Jan-17
13-Jan-17

Elkmeat's Link
Hey Guys, this may be no where near your stomping grounds but, if you can do anything to help, we would all appreciate it.

Local Gunnison, CO guys have been working on getting funds together so that they can begin feeding sooner than cpw can afford to. The area has received nearly 5 ft of snow in 10 days, way out of the norm, and is putting the elk and mule deer herds in major jeopardy. During severe winter of 07/08 the hurdles of bureaucracy kept feeding operations sidelined far too long and resulted in around 25% die off before they even began to feed. That year total winter kill ended up near 60%, and the recovery process has been ongoing ever since. Major license reductions were put into place to help rebound the herds, but even 9 years later the effects of that winter are still being felt. Thus far the conditions this year are as bad or worse than that year. Locals are trying to avoid a repeat and have started a gofundme to raise money to begin feeding operations before it's too late. As in the winter of 07/08 the locals in partnership with the ranching community have to ability to make a huge impact on preserving the elk and deer herds through their volunteer efforts but it all takes time and money. If there's anything you can do to help it would be greatly appreciated. This is my home town, my stomping grounds, and means a lot to me, Thank you!

13-Jan-17
Good topic and need. I live in CA but the success and livelyhood of the CO deer population is important to me.

13-Jan-17
Thank you NorCal. And your absolutely right, whether your local or not, if you like to hunt here, these effects are far reaching.

13-Jan-17
Done, thanks for the heads up.

13-Jan-17
LINK?

13-Jan-17
No Bark, it's at the top of my post, should be a green button that says "elkmeats link"

Thanks guys

13-Jan-17
I'll spread the word, but you need to show exactly how the dollars are going to get used. Sooner you do that, the sooner skeptics will help out.

13-Jan-17
No Bark, it's at the top of my post, should be a green button that says "elkmeats link"

Thanks guys

• Sitka Gear