muzzy 15-Jan-17
bud 15-Jan-17
bud 15-Jan-17
The last savage 15-Jan-17
WV Mountaineer 15-Jan-17
Linecutter 16-Jan-17
Brotsky 16-Jan-17
13-Jan-17
What the heck did I just see? Its -34 degrees outside so while I wait for my shop to warm up I came back in the house to make some breakfast. I turned the tv on to see what was on and clicked on this show.

His theme song is every hunter stereotype I have ever heard. What a clown. Shows like this will be the end of any support we have from non hunters.

I am pretty open-minded with these shows, but this one needs to go away.

michael

13-Jan-17
Tim has fun. You must not have seen many of his shows. You need to chill out. Go outside.

13-Jan-17
Yep....Tim is a killer and seems to be a good dude. Spoke at our bowhunters banquet last year and I enjoyed it. He was not too good to speak with anyone and was standing at the door greeting when we came in. He also spent a lot of time with kids.

13-Jan-17
You will get two drastically different opinions on Tim Wells here. Guys that love him, love the shots he takes, are impressed with his shooting ability and hunting skills, etc. Then there are the guys that can't stand him, think he's unethical with his shot selection, is careless and has no business showing half the stuff that he does on TV.

I'm in the camp that thinks his shots are highly questionable. Yes, he shows many kills with unbelievable shots..........but I wonder how many he has wounded and not recovered that never make it on TV. He seems like an arrow flinger with no regards to shot selection. A buddy of mine happened to share a camp with him many years ago..........said he was an arrogant puke.

13-Jan-17
Tim Wells is a GREAT spokesman for hunters! His show is number 1 in the nation. But you are entitled to your opinion....

13-Jan-17
Lol, never heard of him. So how long before you watch his again?

13-Jan-17
Opening song and closing credits of his show are the best parts. Kids and I watch those 2 parts but don't watch the actual show.

13-Jan-17
I think he's one of the best hunters in the country. I also think is a remarkable bow shot. I like his to the point, blunt assessments and the way he expresses his opinions. No need to doubt where he stands on any issue he brings up. More power to him and I believe that's why he's the number one show on the channel.

13-Jan-17
What was that quote in the Stan Potts thread about people that discuss people?

13-Jan-17
I think Tim's show is great. Especially the opening. But then again I really don't care what the snowflakes think. You think they would get upset over something like this?!? Wait until you assume their gender.

13-Jan-17
You want to watch some out standing shooting watch when he goes to Argentina and hunt pigeons, it is very impressive what he and his brother can do with a bow. He also had a show on last year where he was in Africa where he darn near killed himself, with the mistake he made, and filmed the hole ordeal himself. We all make mistakes and that is how we learn or teach others. We just hope no one gets hurt in the process. It was defiantly a teaching moment for him. His shows are different for the most part and that is why I watch him. DANNY

13-Jan-17
Don't care for a lot of the new episodes, but his spear hunting stuff was pretty cool to watch. One of the most brutal things I've seen from a hunting show was his self film of bleeding out in Africa after a spear fell from his stand into his leg.

13-Jan-17
I love his show and out of the box thinking.

13-Jan-17
Tim's a badass. Best show out there. I would like to see anyone do the shit he can do.

13-Jan-17
BTW, that shot of him getting punched was a set up. Makes for entertaining video, that is why they did it.

Fantastic on the wing shooting. All of his shooting is fingers with no sights. With short high performance compounds. It can be done.

13-Jan-17
in the opening credits of the show he proudly shows head shooting a brown bear with a bow. His song just glorifies blood and killing a little too much. Yes stuff dies but come on, that song is stupid

13-Jan-17
I tend to agree with mn_archer. Of course we know animals die when we shoot them, but glorifying to that extreme will turn off non-hunters. Reminds me of the stuff Ted Nugent went through in the early 90's with his first videos. We need to be respectful and not glorify the blood and guts of it.

13-Jan-17
Outdoor and Sportmans channels are not part of your standard cable package. Anti's and non-hunters would have to go out of their way to get those channels to see something like Relentless Pursuit. Not sure why someone who knows it upsets them to see animals killed order the channels. That's why it makes me laugh every time one of these "I hate hunting shows" threads pops up. If ya don't like it then don't pay extra for it.

13-Jan-17
I used to have what I think was one of his first videos, Relentless Pursuit, VHS. My old tape player ate it at some point if I remember. It was one of the coolest videos I'd ever seen and still is to this day the best I've ever seen. He had me all excited about a squirrel hunt. I think that griz or brownie video of him shooting it in the eye and dropping it in it's tracks was on that original one. Although it's been many years since I've seen it..... it's hands down my very favorite of all time.

Different strokes for different folks. I try to watch another "hunting video" with flowery music and poetry that others tell me is the greatest video ever..... and.... ZZZZzzzzzzz.... wake me up when it's over.....

Haven't seen his show but once or twice, have seen the video where he almost ate it in Africa. Really like the spear hunting..... that's some hard core stuff. I appreciate that in what seems like everything else is sitting in a treestand..... or the biggest channel changer.... when I hear a turkey call. I hear that I RUN for the channel changer....

13-Jan-17
His brother, Buck, has a NICE head of hair.

:-)

13-Jan-17
As soon as I saw the intro shooting that bear in the head at distance I formed a quick opinion of him and I'll just leave it at that and say I never watched another second the jackass has put out!

13-Jan-17
"in the opening credits of the show he proudly shows head shooting a brown bear with a bow. "

For what it's worth, I shared camp with Tim once and I asked him about this. I swear he told me that when the Bear stood up, he instinctively looked into the bears eyes and his arrow went where he was looking .....as he shoots instinctive. Made sense :)

13-Jan-17
^ I see things the same way I herd some stories about how he handled himself in Africa when he was there . Great spokesman for hunters, lol .

13-Jan-17
I personally have never felt the need for a spokesman.

13-Jan-17
in the opening credits of the show he proudly shows head shooting a brown bear with a bow.

LOL, when was the last time you ran at a brown bear with a bow in your hand? Seems like he was pretty sure of himself. Looks to me if he says it, he does it. Also like the way he doesn't edit out the bad parts.

13-Jan-17
I understand Tim's humor. I also saw the big hog-leg on his hip when he dropped the bear with an eye shot. But ......

Mechanical broadheads? WTF???

-Joe

13-Jan-17
great show , never miss them . I would hunt with him any day .

14-Jan-17
I love the humor. I think the show is for hunters. Not so much for non hunters. For a non-hunter wanting to become a hunter, I think they would like the fact that he makes hunting fun and is able to show it in a positive and truthful manner while still being able to laugh at himself. Is he a good shot and confident in taking shots that most won't consider taking? Absolutely. That should make people want to improve themselves and strive to become (As TBM would put it, Next Level Hunting) Didn't really want to use him as an example but it just came out anyway.

14-Jan-17
Wells has a great show...Yea he's a little goofy at times,but that's the human he puts in his shows..,his episodes vary wildly... From taking birds from the air to spear hunting, ect..One hell of an archer . I'd love to hang out with him...I'd bet he's a riot....

14-Jan-17

Stoney's embedded Photo
Tim Wells and Dwight Shue with Tim's NM Coues shot at 100 yds. Muley buck Tim shot with me in NM at 100 yds.
Stoney's embedded Photo
Tim Wells and Dwight Shue with Tim's NM Coues shot at 100 yds. Muley buck Tim shot with me in NM at 100 yds.
Tim Is a personal friend and long time client of mine. He is absolutely the best instinctive shooter of any archery I have ever been around. He shoots a bare compound, no sights with fingers. He has taken a Coues deer with me here in NM at 100 yds, dropped dead. He shot a mule deer with me here in NM at 100 yds., dropped dead. His elk kill shots were in closer. He predator hunts with me taking fox and coyotes with bow, and AR's.

I have discussed his brown bear kill with him and know the whole story and I know the man who filmed this shot which was amazing the way he did that. Tim's guide and hunt was with one of the top Brown Bear Outfitters in Alaska. The bear was moving pretty fast and was about to go into the alder thicket and Tim's guide told him to hurry up or he wouldn't get a shot. Tim is a very strong man who can cover the rough country and cover it fast. I could never keep up with Tim. He cut the bear off at approximately 4 jumps away from the bear and Tim pulled up and for reasons Tim can't even describe and you can see him move from the rib cage to the head and as the bear spotted them and stopped, it was too late. The bear absolutely dropped in his tracks with a between the eyes shot. His expandable broad head did the job. That is all Tim uses as far as I know. The camera man was several yds. behind Tim and the guide, and really captured the moment. Tim's guide checked his high caliber rifle and found that if the bear had of charged them his rifle was jammed and couldn't have saved Tim or himself. Maybe this shot was fate but it was deadly no matter what. Tim is an absolute phenomenal shooter and hunter. I don't think he has connected yet but he has been back up north in Canada for moose with his spear and last season in AK for brown bear with a spear.

I have know Tim and his wonderful huntress wife Kerry even before they were married and now they have raised two great children that are avid hunters. He is a fine family man.

He has fun with his show and he is blast to be around and hunt with. He is an ethical honest hunter number one and number two he puts out an entertaining show for all to watch if they desire. I like his caveman commercials the best.

I will challenge anyone in the hunting world to a dual with Tim Wells, with instinctive shooting with bare bow, no sight and fingers. I put my money on him and I have witnessed his shooting abilities for many years now. I have a picture somewhere of Dwight Shue of Bowhunting Magazine fame and also one of the best bow hunters in the world, with Tim and his NM Coues deer buck. I cherish this photo as Dwight was my idol in the bow hunting world and his writing skills.

He makes an other wise, unethical looking shot, deadly. Take my word for it as I have seen him do it time and again. He is definitely not your ordinary arrow flinger.

14-Jan-17
Well said stoney..Well said!

14-Jan-17
I truly like Tim Wells. His show is hilarious and he is a great hunter. He plays all his and his families' screw ups and pokes fun during the process. One of my favorites is when his wife empties her quiver on a deer from a treestand and it just stood there after every shot. Lol.

Another bonus is you get to watch Buck Medley and his white belt hunt also.

Oddly....The spear hunting doesn't really do anything for me but my 8 year old daughter will drop whatever she is doing to watch him spear hunt.

14-Jan-17
I must have missed the bear standing, when it was shot in the head. The one i saw was the bear turned his head, while on all fours, and looked at Tim, when Tim shot. Pretty lethal shot. You can't out run those bears, especially taking the shot while on the ground. Tim didn't give the bear the chance to run him down, after he shot. For safety reasons, the head shot was pretty fool proof.

14-Jan-17
Most un-ethical guy that has ever been put on so called "Hunting" TV. Hands down the biggest butcher in the business.

14-Jan-17
still do not understand guys arguing ethics. They are to a point an individual thing, what may be ethical to some is not too a lot of others. Just look at this thread. The man can shoot, no doubt about it. He has to live with his "ethics" no one else, so who are any of us to judge? Scooby

14-Jan-17
Wow...so, how many of you guys, the ones so willing yo bash him, have ever met him? Why not go over to Facebook and write on his wall what you guys think of him? You're so willing to bash here, go somewhere where he can see what you're saying.

I like Tim, like visiting him at shows and listening to his stories, enjoy eating with him cause he never stops being who he is. He can, and does regularly, laugh at himself. And he doesn't care what others think or say about him. Sometimes I wonder why these threads get started?

14-Jan-17
Well said stoney I'm glad you posted that. I've often watched the shows and marvelled at tims skills, I like his humour he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously like the scene with him getting hit.

14-Jan-17
he might be the nicest guy ever, and a heck of a shot. All I said was that song is stupid and makes hunters look like idiots. He shows what most would consider highly unethical shots at best. Personally he can do what he wants, but regardless of what any of us think when a non hunter sees that crap they believe that's what all hunters are like. Now honestly I couldn't care less what a non hunter thinks of us, however they are the ones who help pass the wrong laws...

I have no doubt he is a good hunter or a great guy, but he chose to put himself out there as somewhat of a representative- I just wish he would represent better

michael

14-Jan-17
I have met Tim and shook his hand. I'll hunt with him any time and as for all the haters out there. Your Loss. Go learn how to hunt.

14-Jan-17
The mentality of anyone that enjoys killing is suspect. I love hunting and kill because that is the end result of hunting and you cannot really enjoy eating a live animal. However the mentality that enjoys killing is really hypocritical when those same people hate coyotes, wolves, cougers and other predators and kill them simply because they do the same thing that they enjoy and approve of. I have and do kill a lot of animals but can honestly say I have never enjoyed the actual killing. I can also say I do not like people that do and I have been around a lot of them. I am not writing about being happy after being successful at all but about reveling in the killing. That is a mind I do not ever want to have and am suspect of anyone that has it. I did see a waterbuffalo he killed with a spear and one of the bravest things I have ever seen a human do but I do not admire his mindset at all and do not watch the show any longer. God bless and good hunting, Steve

14-Jan-17
Anyone catch the show where he a accidentally cut his leg with his spear while hunting in... I think Africa?

He thought he may get attacked and tried to climb back into the tree and couldn't.

He sat at the bottom of the tree, bleeding, thinking animals could smell him and might attack before someone came to get him.

Yep, badass.. and one heck of a shot and hunter.

14-Jan-17
Haaa I'll stand ground for wells...MN archer...As enough guys have said..Tim wells portrays just what he and we all are....No one sees when I'm loaded down with stand , climbing sticks,bow..Pack,. And fall down a creek bank like a fool...Funny as hell now ,but I was irate at the time...That's why the guy that HAS what is the most popular hunting show IN THE WORLD!!! is not afraid to show us all the fun stuff.....I'm not a big TV show hunting fan.tims skills are impressive...As much as You wanna hate it. Successful marketing is you seeing something,and hate,love or indifferent.. you don't forget it...He has you buddy... You'll be a fan when Tim is in a wheelchair stabbing squirrels with a damn pair of scissors he pulled off of the slobber covered picknick table...lmfao

14-Jan-17
Sorry sixby but I enjoy killing animals because it is the culmination of the hunt. It is not the only thing I enjoy about bowhunting but it is sure as heck one of the things I enjoy.

15-Jan-17
I wish I could shoot like him, amazing shot. Hitting doves and any other bird that flies is True marksmanship. Also, look at the video on you tube when his spear fell off his tree stand in Arica and got him in the leg. A huge life threatening gash and he was as calm as he could be, most would have panicked and died. He sat at the base of a tree for six hours in Africa self filming and his radio above in the stand, the man has it together.

15-Jan-17
The kill is the "harvest". (not sure I really care for that PC word "harvest" but technically it fits....) I enjoy the "harvest" in hunting.... I live for it.

I've had to kill 200 pheasants in a day, a hundred or so rabbits, 4 pigs once..... we'll just keep it as numbers in a day. Can't say I've enjoyed killing them at the time...they were helpless, the game is rigged, there was no sport or much of any chance, much less any challenge. It's preordained. You flip the switch and do it. I don't.... didn't feel bad.... I didn't feel anything at all. It was in every sense of the word... a harvest. Quite technically correct and one reason I don't care to use it in hunting terms. I did enjoy either eating them or exchanging them for money to people who wanted them though.

But hunting..... that is a primal thing. The visceral thrill is in the hunt. The hunt, the stalk, the kill... the whole primal dance. It's the predators drive, as deep and heartfelt as anything in the natural world. The prey attempting to escape, safety....thus the chase. The chase trips the switches IMO. Just ask your dog or cat or any other predator.....

To deny it is like telling a liberal anti-hunter to only have sex when they need to procreate.... you are not allowed to enjoy your sex. Yeah. Sure. Tell em that.... These are people who want to make every form of it imaginable available at a whim to every.... well.... every form imaginable....

For food, or removing pests, parasites and competition even.... killing is justifiable to survival. Has been for eons. Inarguable. Just as sex is for survival of the species. Honestly quite comparable instincts. And under the right circumstances.... every bit as justifiable to enjoy it. Yet technology in many ways.....has literally made both totally unnecessary for the survival or the species. Go figure....

Tim seems to really enjoy his hunting, is exceptionally good at it..... and killing is unarguably why we hunt, or we would be out there wandering around with cameras or something. He doesn't need to reconcile that with anyone.

15-Jan-17
Like Blacktail Bob said! Spot on! Need more guys like this.

15-Jan-17
Tim told me the story on him getting the spear in his leg. He dropped his camera so he climbed down to retrieve it. He had left the spear up in the tree. Somehow while on the ground the spear fell out of the tree and speared him in the leg He was very lucky as a fraction on an inch the other way would have cut his main artery and Tim did a lot of reflecting on his life and stayed calm and did the proper pressure and tourniquet procedures and made it through the ordeal when others in this situation would have panicked and bled to death.

His challenge for the last two years has been to spear a big bull moose and I think he went back up north last year for brown bear with the spear and struck out. I haven't found out yet the results of that trip. The moose in Canada didn't go well with poor outfitter and no moose.

15-Jan-17
If the spear didn't get him the brown bear sure will! Amazing archer for sure.

15-Jan-17
Hello all first post here! Just let ma sayi look forward to getting to know many of you and hope i can contribute in some way. Now Tim Wells i can see both sides of this argument and can agree with points on both sides. All i will say is Tim is putting himself out there and promoting our sport and no matter how he does it there will be the select few that will find fault with it no matter what!

15-Jan-17
I'd much rather watch Wells make questionable shots than watch the Drury's make ethical shots look questionable.

15-Jan-17
I'll take him. I think he is the real deal in every way and someone I could truly enjoy spending time around. God Bless

15-Jan-17
After reading some of these comments, it just confirms my instinct for seclusion.

15-Jan-17
I'm amazed at how liberal the world has become. Even bow hunters are becoming so politically correct they chastise other bow hunters for being killers. I personally have never harvested any animal, but I have killed several.

15-Jan-17
I'll settle this for everyone. No one who has or, is currently shooting any bow is as good a shot as Tim Wells. God Bless

15-Jan-17
Free men get to decide what is questionable for themselves and when you can shoot like him not many shots are questionable.

15-Jan-17
WV Mountaineer, ever here of Byron Ferguson? If not ,look him up. He is an amazing archer.

15-Jan-17
Also some guy name of Hill. Best I remember first name was Howard

15-Jan-17

15-Jan-17
Ohio hunter..Well said..Sort of..Tim wells is on a different level of shooting than you,me and 99% of the Bowsite community....If you fellas that wanna question his ethical shots or lol. Risk taking...You can't fathom his skill,,..would Tim be a world champion archer or an Olympic gold medalist...Maybe not...But,,to the guys that have no clue as to who wells is. 12500 ft up, 25 mph winds at 18 degrees .... Shooting STRAIGHT down the mountain...Tim will make that shot...Bank on it. That's who he is..

15-Jan-17
When Byron shoots running animals at long yardages and kills them, plus doves and pigeons out of the air regularly, I'll say he is an equal. Until then, he isn't. And, I too shoot and hunt with a trad bow quite a bit. So, I'm well aware of who Byron Ferguson is. I have even personally ribbed him a time or three about his beloved Crimson tide. :^)

My original assessment stands. No one has or does shoot a bow like Tim Wells. God Bless men

16-Jan-17
Thing is, I think his son, is picking up his Dad's skills. That boy can shoot also. DANNY

16-Jan-17
The pioneers and founders of our sport, Saxton Pope, Art Young, Howard Hill, Fred Bear, and many others took shots that would leave some of this crowd disgusted. They were taking them with longbows and filed steel broadheads as well! I'm pretty sure their motto was "just get one in them!" I think I'll give Tim Wells a pass.

• Sitka Gear