scentman 14-Jan-17
LUNG$HOT 15-Jan-17
scentman 16-Jan-17
KY EyeBow 16-Jan-17
sir misalots 16-Jan-17
TK 16-Jan-17
ahunter55 16-Jan-17
13-Jan-17
Not the kind that stray from the bullseye... I mean the ones that float around the inside of your eye. I've had them for 12 yrs. now and are use to them...although when aiming through the peep I have to wait till they're out of my line of sight before I release an arrow! lol getn old sucks,lol! but I do thank the good Lord for my vision everyday.

13-Jan-17
I've got a bunch; sometimes they bother me and other times not so much.

But I'm pretty much done with peep sights and pins anyway... Maybe it's time for you to go Trad!?

13-Jan-17
I have one that is a pretty good one. Messes with me when I am hunting, I think I see movement, but nope, just a floater. It gives me no problem shooting a compound or recurve.

13-Jan-17
Used to, now I'm cataract free! Had cataracts removed from both eyes last year, as well as astigmatism correction. OMG!!!, what a life changer. I still need to wear my readers for up close small print, but other than that, I see like I was 20 again. I'm 20/20 in my left eye and 20/15 in my right. No longer need a verifier peep...I look through a normal peep and see both my pins and target clear as can be.

FWIW, most insurances cover cataract surgery but don't cover astigmatism surgery, since it's considered "cosmetic". Both eyes cost $999 out of pocket for the astigmatism...worth every cent!!!

13-Jan-17
I've been having floaters recently and have just been diagnosed with a cataract in my left eye. Going in for a surgical evaluation next Friday.

I was a little shocked at only 56 years old but the eye doc said it was probably caused by trauma to the eye from a sucker punch when I was in my 20's. She also said that if you have to have a problem with your eyes, cataracts are about the best problem you can have because they are so correctable and they're considered a medical issue that is covered by insurance.

Happy to hear that it worked out well for you wyobullshooter, I've never needed any corrective lenses other than cheap readers lately and I'm looking forward (no pun intended) to restored clear vision in my left eye.

13-Jan-17
Too many to count. Wore glasses for 38 yrs. Got cataracts at 47. Had those fixed..wow, what a difference. Still wear the readers. Earlier this year, had a torn retina, which produced more floaters. Since then, had one of my new "lens" cleaned (they get fogged up, but it's a one time thing to get them cleaned w/lazer) and going to get the other done in two weeks. Bright days the floaters are more visible. I have so many now, it seems bugs are crawling around me. Makes me see far away deer too...that aren't there. It does suck getting old, but so grateful I can see. Could be worse.

13-Jan-17
I thought you were talking about the can... so I'll keep the coilers out of this conversation.

13-Jan-17
I've had cataracts removed, but I still occasionally have floaters. Not on the scale that I had before the surgery, and just in the right eye, but I have retina problems there. I agree that cataract surgery was one of the best things I ever had done.

13-Jan-17
Mike, you may be right. I boxed Golden Gloves back in the day, so maybe on those days my defense wasn't as it should've been took it's toll! lol! Your doctor's correct as well, although when my eye and a knife were used in the same sentence, I didn't share the same indifference as they do!!!

The surgery itself is relatively quick and painless. There's a slight discomfort later that day, but not terrible. The most inconvenience is using the three different eye drops over the following 6 weeks. Again, it's a small price to pay! Hopefully your exam confirms it's medically necessary...then your insurance kicks in.

13-Jan-17
Used to have floaters for many, many years in my right eye after my cornea almost detached but they eventually went away. A bungee cord that impacted my glasses caused this. Now at 51, I have a cataract in that eye that needs to get fixed. Earliest I could get in to get it looked at was first week of Feb.

13-Jan-17
I get them occasionally in bright daylight, an unintended side effect of lasic surgery.

13-Jan-17
I THOUGHT IT WAS PART OF THE AGING PROCESS.

13-Jan-17
Sometimes I have to flush twice. Sorry couldnt resist!

13-Jan-17
OkieJ, it is. However, there are parts of the aging process that can't be reversed. This is one part that can

13-Jan-17
I had them.my entire life I first noticed playing c ball in knot hole baseball.

My eye doctor says don't worry about them it's normal in a lot of people

13-Jan-17
Scintillating scotomas for me. Triggered by various things such as lack of sleep, too much caffeine, and/or synthetic sweeteners. No way to shoot a bow when it's happening.

13-Jan-17
to the question yes , don't mean much from what I hear , to crappy jokes , funny !

13-Jan-17
I've had them for about as long as I can remember.....which sometimes isn't much past lunchtime!!

14-Jan-17
wy, they were able to combine the surgeries or were they separate? Couple years ago the doc said I had some cataracts coming on. Yeah, floaters here and there, mostly thinking things are flying by that aren't there. I'm told many of those are blood vessels in your eye?

Anyway, the lasic for astigmatism has me interested. Glasses a year or two ago took me from seeing 3 pins (on a single pin slider) to one fuzzy one. Big improvement but hunting with glasses sucks..... fog ups on physical accents, rain, etc.

14-Jan-17
I also have them. They are their worst when looking at white objects.

14-Jan-17
TD, yes, both procedures were done at the same time, one eye at a time. Had my right eye done first, the left eye 6wks later. The eye dr. told me that if I just had the cataracts removed, I'd still need to wear glasses. If I had the astigmatism correction done as well, I'd only need readers for close-up. That's been exactly the case. And I agree... hunting with glasses, or a verifier lens, sucks!

Actually, the "floaters" weren't the worst part. Mine had gotten so bad that if I walked into a well-lit room, it was like the room was filled with smoke. After the surgery, I couldn't believe how bright and vibrant the world was once again! The difference is amazing! Had a friend that had his cataracts removed a few years ago. I'd get irritated with him when I'd shoot with him. There'd be a target 25yds away and he'd say "just aim at that small hole...it's right in the middle of the 12 ring". I'd always tell him "Hell, I couldn't see that damn hole if it was 5yds away"! Now I can see that small hole as well!

Fortunately, my pins are far enough from my eye that both pins and target are clear. I highly recommend having both procedures done if your eye dr. recommends them!

14-Jan-17
Had 2-3 flooters per eye about 70 years old but they have now disappeared seven years later. Maybe I am getting younger. :) Paul

14-Jan-17
I've got a bunch too, but really don't bother me unless I'm waterfowl hunting...I have to look twice a lot.

14-Jan-17
Yup, but it takes just the right light and background for me to notice them.

14-Jan-17
Same here... Pretty noticeable if I am on the puter all day and also bright fluorescent light triggers them.

gettin old sucks, dying young sucks more!

Scar

14-Jan-17
Have had them my whole life, never bothered me much.

14-Jan-17
Yes at times, usually doesn't bother me until I'm trying to do something intricate.

14-Jan-17
I get boogers too. Does that count?

14-Jan-17
Every year I think I'm free of them until waterfowl season. I few 3'' 12ga. and they're back.

14-Jan-17
I have had them for about 10yrs. Started in my mid 50s. First time I noticed them I was hunting the MI late season and couldn't figure out why there were bugs bothering me. I kept trying to shoo them away. I could see them against the snow.

14-Jan-17
My right eye has a big ole omeaba type floater like you see under a microscope in high school science class... left eye couple of black birds flyn around, like I said just a part of life could be a lot worse. When it all started my central vision was going blind from somthn called pars planitis... that was scary, but 3 or 4 shots of steroid helped, thank God.

15-Jan-17
"Floaters... Anyone have them!"

Nope, that's why I don't share my drinks with little kids! They leave floaters every time!

16-Jan-17
thanks for sharing that.

16-Jan-17
I was going to respond this weekend but hunting got in the way. Anyway, just to clear up some confusion on the seeming relation between cataracts and floaters,,,, there really is no relation. Cataracts and floaters are in 2 separate areas of the eye, so having a cataract removed should not impact the floaters unless you have a totally separate procedure ( vitrectomy ) to address the floaters alone. Obviously, some of you have had experiences where cataract surgery seemed to have helped with your floaters and I'm not denying your observations. Just don't expect cataract surgery to correct them as I wouldn't want you all to expect something that will likely not happen. Cataract surgery should help improve your visual clarity as long as there is not some other pre existing condition like macular degeneration or glaucoma complicating things. Hope that helps you all.

16-Jan-17
had a bout of them around six months ago. Bright sun made them bad. Seem to have quit ....for now Dr told me they are normal.

16-Jan-17
I had cataract surgery in both eyes. Unfortunately when you have this surgery it increases the chance of a posterior vitreous detachment which I got in one eye. It caused a mass of floaters. The floaters bugged me so bad I had vitrectomy surgery on that eye and that removed all my floaters. It was a pretty intense surgery with some risks but it worked.

16-Jan-17
Yes & cataracts not along enough for surgery yet.. Sometimes a problem & sometimes a little blurred vision but hell, at 75 I'm not complaining.

• Sitka Gear