DonVathome 17-Jan-17
Fuzzy 17-Jan-17
lewis 17-Jan-17
Screwball 17-Jan-17
DL 17-Jan-17
DonVathome 17-Jan-17
13-Jan-17

Bowboy's Link
This is ridiculous. They should fire the teacher. If this was my daughter the principal and school board and me would has some words.

13-Jan-17
If she were in my room, a big high 5 and an outstanding job would have been given! Too bad what did happen is the norm.

13-Jan-17
Embarrassing to this teacher. Sadly I can't say we don't have a teacher that might say this also. Meanwhile, the other ag teacher has a board displaying this year's students deer they killed (along with a hog or two), while I finished up one hunter's ed class last semester with the 7th grade and will start another in a couple of weeks as part of our ag curriculum.

13-Jan-17
That is total BS. WTF... those statements from the school teacher & principle are ridiculous. Don't they serve meat for school lunch???

This really makes me mad. Academia has gone totally amuck. God bless America.

13-Jan-17
Adults pushing their beliefs down other people's kids throats...

People think too highly of themselves.

13-Jan-17
What's with the image of a "Deer Family"? Male Deer aren't much of a family man.

13-Jan-17
It is tough for some folks not to let emotions spoil the day. Consider what a rampage would have taken place if the teacher had gone with science and told the young lady that she had helped balance nature. Years ago I was lucky enough to be invited to hunt by the Associate Principal at my high school. I came home with food for the table and a mutual respect that lasted a lifetime. How times have changed. The "teacher " in this case should be disciplined if not fired.

13-Jan-17
The folks that urge inclusiveness can be the excludeinest a-holes, and usually are. If her T-shirt had expressed concern about transgenders, BLM (that ain't public land I'm talking about here), or some other liberal cause, I'm sure it would have been ok.

13-Jan-17
This link has some contact info for the people involved at the end of the article:

https://thebadger14.wordpress.com/2017/01/06/despicable/

13-Jan-17
"At the outset, we want to emphasize that this little girl did nothing wrong,"

Cool. Have they acknowledged that the teacher did? Honestly.... I understand the school REALLY wants this to go away. And the parents pretty much want it to as well. Imagine they have their hands full just living their lives without becoming the polar bears for folks with a cause.

But I kinda hope it doesn't for the school. Especially the teacher. Who would do that? Kick the legs out from under a 9 year old, on purpose..... shameful.....

13-Jan-17
Shaming is abuse. The teacher should be terminated.

13-Jan-17
"'The principal’s quote to me was ‘we don’t have dead animals in school,' Yatsko said, according to Outdoornews. 'So, I asked her what they serve in the cafeteria?'"

ROFLMSAO!

Go, Mom!

14-Jan-17
GF.... in effect... that tells a great deal..... the total disconnect of modern urban society with reality. Exhibit 1A.

They love their prime rib and leather interior in the car. And completely refuse to look the animal that provided that in the eye and make the connection.... I've informed "NO FURS" bumper sticker people in leather clad Volvos..... that leather is just fur with the hair scrapped off.... the look on their faces is classic.....

14-Jan-17
The very same teacher I'm sure would preach to the kids that Bullying is a terrible thing yet that is exactly what she is doing. The left leaning teachers are poisoning young minds. Thanks goodness for the teachers like some of you that posted above. Sad time in America hopefully we can all pull together and start to get it on the right track again. Just look at the stench pit in Hollywood that our kids are watching.

14-Jan-17
God save the teacher that tried something like this with my daughter. If there was anything left of the teacher when she got done with her I suppose I would have some words too! Ha!

14-Jan-17
That is sad. We home school our daughter so she goes hunting with the teachers.

14-Jan-17
I agree teacher should be fired at the very least suspended. Keep your skewed beliefs to yourself. Same person who probably went home and ate a steak. " I look around and all I see are dumb people."

14-Jan-17
I agree that teacher is an idiot. After trump was elected my sons principal held an assembly to talk about the election with the school. He referred to trump as the new hitler among other things like comparing the election results with 9/11 tragedy. I contacted our superintendent and got nowhere. it is our responsibility to teach our kids what's right and wrong and a teacher pushing their ideals on our youth is rediculous Imo. If our students can't pray in school then a teacher shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions on religion, politics, or ethics.

14-Jan-17
That STINKS! Ironically shes lives in the next city from me (wher emy girls mother lives and they attend school!) and I can tell you suburban ohio is not to keen on hunting.

My 2 girls took bucks with muzzleloader and I had to have a talk.

Hard to explain to a 9 & 10 year old why they might not mention in School the deer they took, without making them feel like they did something wrong - but I feared something like this!

My girls go to the same school system, maybe even the same school.

I am going to look into this and see if there is anything I can do.

14-Jan-17
I have been reading more this is much worse then it first appeared. The teacher and principal were WAY out of line.

14-Jan-17
If anyone has any info or can be of help please contact me asap

[email protected]

It appears all guilty in this matter are in shut down and wait it out mode. I am going to take some time and see what I can do. Teachers email is shut down already. So are some links provided to comment.

This really bothers me and is NOT right.

14-Jan-17
Teacher: Hannah Copa: [email protected]

Principal: James Carpenter: [email protected]; (330) 239-1901.

Superintendent: Catherine Aukerman: [email protected]; (330) 239-1901, ext. 1217.

Teacher, principal, and super for those interested in voicing their concern.

14-Jan-17
Give em hell Don!

14-Jan-17
Don, the more I think about this the more it bothers me too. I couldn't imagine doing this to a 9 year old girl! Burns me up!

14-Jan-17
go to this link if you want to get more fired up, school system is trying to downplay this BUT momentum is in our favor and it is really helping us and hurting the anti's

https://thebadger14.wordpress.com/2017/01/06/despicable/

14-Jan-17

Brotsky's Link
Don's link, also where I got the contact info listed above.

14-Jan-17
Don I had the same conversation with my 12 yr old when he killed his first deer this year. I did not downplay his excitement but spoke to him later that not all people agree with hunting so it's a fine line. If he wants to tell a hunt related story in mixed company he looks to me first to see if it's ok which is sad but the world we live in today.

14-Jan-17
I could never survive in a society like that. I hope they fire that teacher and the principal.

14-Jan-17
To everyone interested in this: The email addresses for these three school employees have all been disabled for some unknown reason, LOL! They must really be taking some heat on this issue and by golly they should be!

14-Jan-17
Somebody that has a good contact to SCI or NRA should send them this news article. They'll know what to do. The school district will get the spotlight and attention they don't want. :)

14-Jan-17
Bowboy, that is probably the best thing to do. Unfortunately this stuff just doesn't make the "mainstream " media.

14-Jan-17
When my daughter was in grade school, a teacher made fun of her for eating sardines in a lunch she brought from home. My daughter ended up crying and saying she didn't want to eat sardines any more. We contacted the principal and she made the teacher apologize to our daughter. We then had lunch with her at school and ate sardines with her. Luckily she had a good principal, and it was resolved quickly and she learned a lesson as well: people don't always agree with our choices, even teachers, but that doesn't make it right for them to belittle us for our choices/beliefs. Our experience is not nearly as disturbing as this young girl's but just goes to show it can happen about lots of things and we have to be vigilant. And we don't have to take it lying down

14-Jan-17
This teacher should get the "Cecil the Lion" treatment from every pro hunter/hunting group and the individual possible.

Turn the tables and use the anti"s own tactics and be relentless. Maybe being in the "Dentist's shoes" will make an impact.

14-Jan-17
"Killing animals is not what we do."

Well, that's just dumb - an unexamined "feel"ospophy. Dude didn't even scratch the surface of that missive.

14-Jan-17
txhunter i had the same thing happen to my girls over hard boiled eggs and tuna salad. Teacher commented and said "what the heck are you eating?" They will not take it anymore!

arrgh

14-Jan-17
OMG! Don, I so pissed right now reading this that I realized if it were my kids, I would probably rip someone's head off!

14-Jan-17
You and me both Redman. Apologize for nothing. It's time to push back and push back hard. Plat their game, file suit for bullying and intolerance. I'm sick of these pieces of crap.

14-Jan-17
OMG! Don, I so pissed right now reading this that I realized if it were my kids, I would probably rip someone's head off!

15-Jan-17
If this doesn't prove that schools are places to brainwash the young I don't know what is. Liberal BS and if that were my kid I would have slapped a law suit gains the school and teacher. Also I would get together with other parents who are hunting families and put a sweatshirt on each kid lol.

15-Jan-17
Wow!! I can't even type what I'm thinking right now. I'm so glad I live in the west in a small town that has schools that shut down for opening day of deer season!

15-Jan-17
My wife is a school teacher in Ohio. Her thought is REALLY. An glad she is not in this mess.

15-Jan-17
As a bowsiter this is an upsetting story cause hunting is the topic. I certainly don't want a teachers anti hunting views shoved on my kids. The more I thought about it, the bigger picture is truly sad. That anybody in a position to guide/teach kids, whether it be a teacher, scout leader, or just the neighborhood mom where all the kids hang out; would think it right to crush the enthusiasm of a child. Regardless if it be hunting, bowling, art...whatever. Who the heck steals the excitement of a kid. It doesn't matter if that school board is pro hunting, anti hunting, or hunting indifferent, they should be considering if that teacher has the mentality to be in a classroom.

15-Jan-17
Go to google look up hinkley elementary school and leave a review. You meed a google account - anyone with a gmail address has one.

Currently that is the "active" part of my plan. Please see other thread.

16-Jan-17
I'm with Earlyriser on this one.

As a teacher at a public high school for 30 years, I have students come up to me every year and show me their kill pics of deer and other critters. I take the time to look at each picture. I even get some jerky from some of these kids. Hell, I get students backing up their trucks to my window to show their deer in their trucks.

NOT all teachers are liberals (libtards for Kelly Harris and the Serb). Telling a 3rd grader (or whatever grade she's in) what they did was not what we do is terrible. Students, especially the younger ones, look up to teachers. As a teacher, sometimes you just have to shut up and keep your OPINIONS to yourself.

There are a lot of teachers on Bowsite, don't group us in with this person!

17-Jan-17
Tons of great teachers but I feel strongly this teacher should be fired. Bullying is a big deal now, posters all over school, guidance counselors talking to classes. She clearly bullied her student. I can think of NO ONE worse then a teacher to bully an 8 year old girl.

"use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants."

And the school board standing behind it. What is surprising is Hinkley is not a very dense city like many others nearby, it permits hunting, most other cities here do not (well a few started bowhunting very recently).

17-Jan-17
I actually had a similar thing happen with my daughter's teacher when she was in (I think) 4th grade. Strangely, at the time we lived in a very rural area, where practically everyone hunted and fished, and a large number raised and slaughtered livestock. The issue wasn't that my daughter had killed an animal (she hadn't yet), but that she mentioned that her family ate mostly game meats. The teacher started into the "how could you" shaming, and the other students shut her down promptly.

17-Jan-17
x2 Pat although probably would not have worded quite like that totally agree our whole educational system is flawed kids are taught by liberal minded teachers who were educated by liberal minded teachers.Lewis

17-Jan-17
I have sent a letter and posted a review. I have forwarded this to all my family to respond. My wife and I are teachers. In rural WI. I have had antis come through as teachers and students. I will listen and discuss all views. I watch FOX, CNN, MSNBC, so I can present all views. I listen we discuss and let kids learn to be thinkers, not people inundated with my or others thoughts. My granddaughter shot her first buck this year and her teacher had her tell the story to her class. In a suburb of Minneapolis. We are very conservative in our views and our school district here. Guess we are lucky. Many are quick to attack schools, education, and teachers. I understand the many liberals in teaching but not all of us. Oh and we all voted Trump!

17-Jan-17
If anyone could get her address and post it here that would be fantastic. We should her with letters of incouragement and praise. Don't run down the teacher but praise that child. We as a hunting community need to be just that. When someone harms one of us it hurts all of us Especially a child. Cowards belittle children. If someone does get an address please open a new thread so we all know.

17-Jan-17
I have her address but again want to wait to hopefully hear back from the family before I make this worse for her/them.

• Sitka Gear