Charlie Rehor 14-Jan-17
TSI 14-Jan-17
pop-r 14-Jan-17
bowbearman 14-Jan-17
Sage Buffalo 15-Jan-17
iceman 15-Jan-17
HDE 15-Jan-17
14-Jan-17
I am 21 years old and in currently in College here in Missouri. That being said I have always dreamed of owning or working for an outfitter! Unfortunately like a lot of things I don't have connections to any outfitters. I am not looking to be paid, but looking to learn the business, from people who truly care about the customer. I live in Missouri but would be open to helping anywhere in the midwest. Eventually I would like to go into the outfitting business either part or full time. I am a hard worker and will be major help whether it consists of planting, brush hogging, spraying, hanging sets, trimming shooting lanes, any farm work, or around camp. If you know of anybody I could contact I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you

14-Jan-17
Best of luck MWBooner! I once was you. Follow your dreams. C

14-Jan-17
If your eager,hard working and loyal you will get your opportunity.good luck hope you do well.

14-Jan-17
Dejavu. Go west young man. It'll make you a much better hand!

14-Jan-17
MWBooner.... when I was a little younger then you I dreamed of being a guide and living in alaska will I put it off and put it off now at 40 I am finally moving to alaska in april and I got my assistance guides lic for alaska last year and guided my first hunt which was very exciting and successful. My point being dont wait like I did if you truly want it do it now!! There are lots of guys out there that will help find one that is loyal to what he does and keep bugging him until he takes you under his wing!! It works I did it only 20 years later then I should have but its never to late!! Good luck!!

Aaron

15-Jan-17
I would research and find the best outfitters who have strong reports and contact every one of them. I would work my way down from there. Do not just go work for anyone as you want to be a great guide/business and the best way to do that is see what the best does.

I would also narrow down your choices of types of hunting if you can because there are all types of guiding.

I would also look for opportunities to take over businesses (secondary research).

If you haven't already look up what it takes to ruin your own business - not to scare you but to go in informed. Starting your own business is probably the hardest work out there because you are taking on all the liability vs. working for someone else (i.e. Company).

Good luck!

Good luck!

15-Jan-17
MWBooner, Check out the "looking for help" thread.

15-Jan-17
MWBooner - first, finish college. It's easier now than later. If you're not a business major, be one. Not that it makes you a better business owner, it may give you a head start in it though.

After that, do what you want to do and not what someone else thinks you should do. If you want to go into the outfitting business, go for it. Plenty of opportunities out there.

• Sitka Gear