Scar Finga 18-Feb-17
bb 18-Feb-17
Scar Finga 18-Feb-17
MonkeyEyes 20-Feb-17
dgb 20-Feb-17
Bowhntn 20-Feb-17
wkochevar 01-Mar-17
16-Feb-17
Guys going on a lion hunt in Arizona by Flagstaff, what boots do you recommend! Thanks for your input!

16-Feb-17
Lions like nasty country....so I wore my mountain hunting boots which are Lowa GTX's with a good set of gaiters.

Good luck

16-Feb-17
A good sturdy mountain or hiking boot with gaiters. Good luck!

16-Feb-17
A pair with a decent sole on'm. If you go too flimsy you could be cursing your bruised feet. The GTX's have a good combination of flex and stiffness, after some miles they can get heavy but you won't be bruised. Lowas are my go to boots.

Just make sure you break them in, a cat chase can go a long ways

16-Feb-17
Lowa Tibet gtx

18-Feb-17
Guys I tried some Lowa renagade LL any thoughts on these? I also like the Solomon quest gtx 4D but my right foot is about a quarter of an inch wider than my left thus making it a little tight on that foot. Will the boots stretch enough to help with this problem, I don't need much more room on that foot!

18-Feb-17
Shopping at REI? The renegades are great boots, but I have a feeling they're a little too lite in the sole for rocky terrain.. esp if you get into a long chase. They may be fine but I would check out the Camino. The leather should give, or run wides and put an extra sock on the skinny foot. I have no experience w/ the solomons.

18-Feb-17
Take it to a cobbler and have them stretch it for you.. They can adjust the amount they stretch it. It's cheap, like 10-12$

18-Feb-17
A lot of the hound lion hunters from that area like the Schnees pack boots if there is snow. Although I do know a guy that wears tennis shoes no matter what the conditions.

18-Feb-17
Lowa Tibet GTX... You will not be sorry! Even in cold weather with heavy socks they are awesome.

20-Feb-17
Lowa renegade gtx for years now. No break in required.

20-Feb-17
I have Zamberlans and really like them.

20-Feb-17
Thanks guys I really think I might go with the Lowa renegade pro! Wides!

01-Mar-17
Honestly you should wear whatever you would late season elk or deer hunting in the mountains. That's where the lions will be. Gaiters are definitely a must! Good Luck and look forward to the pics.

• Sitka Gear