Fulldraw1972 27-Feb-17
t-roy 27-Feb-17
Treeline 27-Feb-17
Shrewski 27-Feb-17
brettpsu 27-Feb-17
BULELK1 28-Feb-17
Zim1 01-Mar-17
19-Feb-17
I got Utah done I waited till mid Feb to buy my license to give me plenty of time to do my 2018 stuff with the same license. Its any easy system and if you have any kids 17 and younger you can buy a $25 youth license and apply for two years.

19-Feb-17
I'm waiting for the 25th.

Can you put in for elk yet?

19-Feb-17
I didnt realize the youth licenses were cheaper until yesterday. That was a nice surprise. Put my 12 year old in for the youth anybull and a LE rifle elk tag.

19-Feb-17
Same thing in AZ. Everyone with hunting children should be putting their kids into the draws in AZ and UT, even if its just for points. They'll thank you later.

20-Feb-17
I be done as well. I couldn't wait though, I did it last week. Figured I gave myself enough cushion to get into the draw next year, unless they change the start date.

I can't really take the time off for two western hunts this fall, I'll lose my job and/or get a divorce, so I'm about half hoping I don't draw. So of course, I probably will draw something. . . (I've made promises to elk hunt with buddies in either WY, NM or the backup CO)

Good luck to everyone! Ah, who am I kidding?! I hope I draw and rest of you losers don't!!!!!!! :) :)

Bake

20-Feb-17
I put in for every thing but Goat Elk ,Deer ,Bison, Moose Bison, Antelope, and both kinds of Sheep

20-Feb-17
I'd assume that your waiting period is up for elk then? GL in the draw.

20-Feb-17
Elk and Desert Ram for me with a point for Gen deer (I just get a leftover in July)

Off my waiting period for Elk trying to pull LE elk tag # 3 with only 1 pt!! haha

If I draw my D-Ram and Harvest I will have all of my OIL species On the Wall---->

'Ya Gotta Believe'!

Good luck, Robb

20-Feb-17
In for everything but antelope.....easy peasy.

20-Feb-17
In for everything. Got my two for one from last year. Thanks again Ike!

21-Feb-17
Why not wait until the last few days to extend that license?

21-Feb-17
Still on time out...Lol

21-Feb-17
I wanted to wait until a little later, but we were attending last weekend's Expo, and you can't buy chances for the convention permits without a hunting license. So we bought our licenses and put in for the draw last week for everything except pronghorn. Next year we'll just have to remember to apply before 2/16/18 to get 2 years out of our licenses.

21-Feb-17
This is a year I have to buy so I will wait a bit longer.

Good luck Robb!!

23-Feb-17
Thanks Mike!

You are in for a fun hunt with Idly in Wyo------->

Good luck, Robb

23-Feb-17
That "time out" sucks....

23-Feb-17
Except while you're doing the hunt that causes it. I'm longing for a time-out myself ;-)

25-Feb-17
Just did my Utah app. If I do by chance draw it's going to be an exciting august and September with a wyoming elk tag in my pocket as well.

25-Feb-17
OK this is a weird request. I've got 20 deer points and 8 for everything else, but does anyone have any good mid tier hunt suggestions I might try for on the bonus side in units that have strong free wifi or Verizon signals? The reason being I'm going to have an elk tag this year late October Colorado. So I don't need a Utah tag. But if I can get a good signal I'll be able to do a combo hunt, extend my time by doing data entry on my laptop for work credit on bad weather days. I'm familiar with the Book Cliffs but there's no wifi lodges near by there so I'm looking for better services.

I've done this successfully for many hunts in the past. If there's no free wifi lodge I look for a good Verizon signal because I can use my iPhone for a wifi hotspot. I don't expect to draw, but looking at hunts with maybe 5% chance on the bonus side. I know 8 points won't get me in any mid-tier preference pools. Thanks.

25-Feb-17
Good lord Ken----

Are you talking Utah Paungs bow buck tag with your 20 pts??

WTF does WiFi have to do with a Utah August bow buck hunt and a Colorado??? Rifle hunt??

Yes we are confused?

Best of hunting on both no matter the WiFi issues!!

Good luck, Robb

26-Feb-17
Robb, I'm not going to draw the Pauns archery tag. I was thinking more about the elk or lope choices with 8. I'd like to use those for some units with good facilities so I can extend those hunts. If I can work some days I can hunt much longer My job is very independent. Just need my laptop and a strong cell or Verizon signal. Pretty much that simple.

I've been doing this for years. Good example of this is I always apply for the Bighorn units for WY elk because of the centrally located Bear Lodge. Because of that I can hunt there for a month instead of 2 weeks. Does this clarify?

27-Feb-17
'morning Ken,

That makes sense and not a bad plan at all.

I decided to go with my B-Day mojo today to appl.

Gen Deer pt again..... ( that will give me 15pts)

LE Bow Bull in my fav unit if I draw it will be my 3rd LE tag in this unit.

Desert Bighorn back in the Dirty Devil for a change this year.

Good luck, Robb

27-Feb-17
I am in for points across the board....

27-Feb-17
One of these years I will have to hunt the Wasatch extended. I hear it's a hard hunt but it could be a lot if fun.

27-Feb-17
Happy birthday Robb. Good luck with the mojo!

Got er done yesterday.

27-Feb-17
Happy Birthday, Robb! Good luck on the drawings! Maybe the sheep god will smile this year:)

Got mine in last week. Hoping for a bison tag this go with 17 points. Snowball's chance on the random tag for desert sheep with 8 points. Still building points on everything else...

27-Feb-17
Decided to wait a while this year since it is the year to buy a license. Sure wish they would give back an archery tag to "my" unit. Makes it awful tough to plan. 17 elk points and in the random pool. Stupid.

Lots of Hail Marys mixed in for the rest...same as points only really.

27-Feb-17
Happy BDay Robb! 1st year in quite some time I have nothing concrete planned. Put in for long shot units and if I whiff then OTC it is.

28-Feb-17
Hey thanks!

The Wasatch front can be hunted with any Gen deer bow tag, ya just have to take the Ethics Course and carry your paper certificate with you after the your tag unit has closed. LIke mid-September-ish.

I like the WF more in the November time frame though.

Good luck, Robb

01-Mar-17
Finally got my app done. I don't expect anything. My best odds are only ~3% except for the LE deer hunt where I'm near the top competing with 2 or 3 other guys every year. But I'll get one tag, in CO where it's time to burn points.

• Sitka Gear