12yards 21-Feb-17
wyobullshooter 21-Feb-17
elk assasin 21-Feb-17
Buffalo1 21-Feb-17
bigdaddy 21-Feb-17
Cocoon Man 21-Feb-17
Ermine 21-Feb-17
20-Feb-17
Was shooting at an indoor range. Shooting Gold Tip Velocity 300, 8.5gpi, 50gr insert, 100gr tip, Blazer vanes, Prodigy 70lbs, 28.5"DL. another member noticed the arrow sounded loud traveling down range at 40 yards. So I tried one of his Easton 5mm Axis 340 spine, 100gr tip, 9gpi, flex fletch target vanes. It was much quieter to me. I am only really concerned for hunting that the noise would be an issue. Would his setup stabilize a broadhead better or not as good as the blazers? Looking for quietest fletching for hunting that works great for fixed heads.

20-Feb-17
I would get a pack and fletch a few shafts to test for myself. Also note everything sounds so much louder at an indoor range.

20-Feb-17
PECO X 2. But, Blazer brand vanes are LOUD. God Bless men

20-Feb-17
I've never heard vanes or fletching that was louder than the ringing in my ears.

-Joe

21-Feb-17
from reading up it also seems the more helical the louder they will be? I might try straight fletch and helical from several different brands and go from there.

21-Feb-17
Some fletching is very loud.

After having a run in with coues deer and them reacting to my loud arrows. I am now shooting vanetec swifts. They are low profile and very quiet

21-Feb-17
How do you know if an animal is reacting to the sound of your arrow and not your bow?

21-Feb-17
"I might try straight fletch and helical from several different brands and go from there."

Helical provides stabilization. Take away the helical and you take away that stabilization. Not a problem if all you're shooting is field tips, however it can certainly create a problem if you're shooting broadheads.

I'm with 12yards. I've shot Blazers ever since they first came out. Obviously I have zero proof, but I'll never be convinced an animal reacts to the sound of vanes rather than the thump of a bow. I've watched animals have an immediate reaction if a pine cone drops, or something else makes a sudden thud. I've never witnessed a similar reaction when a bird flies by, or a gust of wind blows through the trees.

21-Feb-17
Is it every arrow or just one or two. Might check the insert, and points to see if they are loose. Hard to say without hearing them!!!

21-Feb-17
None of the animals I have killed have commented on noise produced from Blazers vanes.

None of the animals I have missed have blamed the miss on noise from Blazer vanes.

Have been using Blazers since they hit the scene. Have strayed from time to time, but always returned to Blazers.

21-Feb-17
Banana cut are the quietest of all the cuts

21-Feb-17
ElkAssasin - It's every arrow. I am currently building some new arrows and vane options. I will keep you posted. I am not sure it matters on the animals end but I know I will take every once of confidence on my part even if doesn't matter. If I feel better about the setup I shoot better with the setup having a clear mind.....

21-Feb-17
Ermine , which size Vanetec swift are you using and are you using a fixed blade or a mechanical broadhead. I am currently using 4 inch feathers with fixed blades and am going to set up some arrows with vanes to test out.

21-Feb-17
How many of you guys that say noise doesn't matter have hunted coues deer?

• Sitka Gear