Davy C 22-Feb-17
LINK 22-Feb-17
JusPassin 23-Feb-17
Mad Trapper 23-Feb-17
Blacktail Bob 23-Feb-17
hoytshooter1 23-Feb-17
Mr.C 23-Feb-17
20-Feb-17
anyone use indoor outdoor carpet on floor of blind? Im wondering if it would help quiet things? This year will be the first year hunting from a commercial blind, so any tips appreciated

20-Feb-17
I never have but when I hunted with the old guy, Frank Noska, in Mexico, he had wool blankets in all his blinds. It did make things quieter and allowed you to hunt in your socks. Movement in the blind seemed quieter that way. I'm pretty sure it works for Frank or he wouldn't be doing it.

20-Feb-17
I have a friend who has a commercial rug rental place. The kind of rugs (3x5 carpet on top/rubber bottom) placed at the entrances of businesses.

He shares his worn out rugs with me to put in my pop ups. Yes, they definitely help to make things quieter.

20-Feb-17

20-Feb-17
We use an old flannel blanket in ours. Doubles as a blanket to keep my daughter warm on chilly mornings in the spring! Ha!

20-Feb-17
We've used the Ameristep Carnivore hub blinds with zip in floors and put carpet in over that. Works great! Keeps the blind extra quiet and keeps snakes out too.

20-Feb-17
We've used the Ameristep Carnivore hub blinds with zip in floors and put carpet in over that. Works great! Keeps the blind extra quiet and keeps snakes out too.

20-Feb-17
I have used a 5'x5' piece of old carpet for about 10 years whenever I hunt from a ground blind. I just cut a piece of carpet whenever I, or a friend, has re-done flooring. It makes it really quiet when moving around in the blind. Also, I like to take my boots off in the blind, so it helps keep my socks clean.

20-Feb-17
Sorry about misspellsin my above post. I hate typing on cell phones and spell check !

20-Feb-17
I always use carpet inside my blinds, as stated above quieter and more comfortable.

20-Feb-17
Use carpet also, not only quieter but you can rest your lower cam on it and not get dirt etc. on/in it. Also in the spring turkey hunting I treat the carpet and about one foot of the walls of the blind both inside and out with permethrin to help keep ticks away.

20-Feb-17
yep carpet remnents...when they get bad just toss im out and a new one in cheap and easy

20-Feb-17
Scrap linoleum cant be beat. Rolls up like a newspaper. Is waterproof. Is silent. Usually free and very light. Easy to use and a cinch to transport. A six foot square covers all and probably weights about as much as a bow.

20-Feb-17
I usually don't use anything but before I discovered Permethrin I would sometimes take a white blanket for a floor when turkey hunting. It helped when spotting ticks and was nice for nap time.

20-Feb-17
I use a movers blanket. Light weight and does the job. Keeps dust off cameras too.

21-Feb-17

WallHanger's embedded Photo
WallHanger's embedded Photo
I started using a blanket in the blind to quiet it down some but mostly to seal up the gap from the ground to the blind after having a rattle snake join me one afternoon and ruin everything. I got in a fight with him and ended up putting a hole in the corner with the big rock that did him in.

21-Feb-17
If the blind is going to be there for awhile I put done a carpet.

21-Feb-17
what to do if a Rattlesnake enters the blind: 1. get something to dispatch the snake 2. Dispatch the snake 3. Go to the house and change underwear 4. return to blind ,continue hunt (bring scent killer spray with you )

21-Feb-17
When I wear out neoprene waders,I cut them up and use for floors in blinds,in boats,for sitting on when glassing.Even use for ice fishing.

21-Feb-17
When hunting in Wyoming for pronghorn, we always use carpet to cover the dirt. The wind coming through the blind windows will keep you in a mini dust storm if you don't. Also covers any grass or weeds that might want to be noisy at a crucial moment. I buy the flimsy indoor-outdoor stuff at Lowes. It already has a border on it, so no ravels, and it's light enough to roll and fold.

22-Feb-17
I use a piece of outdoor carpet for boats If I am not packing my blind in. A lot of time I'm setting up in a field were I can drive or get an ATV. Its quieter, keeps things cleaner and makes for better napping. I can also use a bigger more comfortable chair in these situations. I have a couple blinds so I can leave one set up and still have one for going mobile. When I go mobile I usually like to take a cheap rain poncho to lay on if I am going to nap. I also use a lighter more compact chair.

22-Feb-17
Wallhanger if you'll fold the flaps on the bottom of your blind out and cover them with dirt, it will keep the wind and snakes out.

23-Feb-17
I use a packing blanket, warm and quiet.

23-Feb-17
Frankly, I am surprised that Bob wears socks...

23-Feb-17
Yeah I wear socks. Usually get about a week out of each pair on a hunt. When I'm with Lisa she makes me set up a cot outside of the tent because I sleep in them too. Although its not true, she says my feet smell bad. If wet when I go to sleep at night, my socks are dry by morning.

23-Feb-17
I always, whether I'm in a popup or plywood blind, shovel dirt all around the bottom. First and foremost it's to keep the critters out and secondly, I like to think it keeps my stink down if the wind doesn't have a way to circulate thru my blind. Not sure if it helps, but it eases my mind a bit

23-Feb-17
sorry! your talken about a pop ups I carpet the floor of my wood box blind no experience with pop ups

• Sitka Gear