Mr.C 22-Feb-17
smarba 23-Feb-17
Bigdan 23-Feb-17
PECO 23-Feb-17
smarba 23-Feb-17
drycreek 23-Feb-17
Wayne Helmick 23-Feb-17
20-Feb-17
I just got word Wa state will let handycap folks that quilify use the Airbow for big game this coming season...thats good news! more tags sold more folks hunting and some all bet for the first time and some back at it because theres a way they can do it again MikeC

20-Feb-17
The trouble is how you define handicapped. Will it be because they can't pull a bow? When MN did the shoot from vehicle the docs pretty much wrote them for anyone who said they needed it. Regardless of proof.

20-Feb-17
I feel the same on this issue as LKH. I know someone here in PA who has a "shoot from vehicle" permit due to a knee surgery he had 10 years ago,and he brags about it. Especially when the rest of his crew are out getting cold and wet,and he is sitting in his truck with the heater running! It's amazing how his "handicap" doesn't seem to be any problem on his construction job,or when he is playing basketball! Anytime there are new laws or regulations made with the intentions of helping people,there will be some people who find the loopholes to take advantage of them.

20-Feb-17
^^^^^ That's gonna happen, hell, it's America ! Just yesterday when I stopped for gas, a guy comes out, literally hops into his pickup and pulls his handicapped hanger off the mirror and I'm gimping up to the door. I'm thinking WTF, but there is nothing you can do about it. I guess I could go and get one myself, but not until I can't walk across the parking lot. I can't think of any circumstance that would prompt me to use a crossbow or an airbow. I still have lots of handguns !

20-Feb-17
Steps up or screws up? Consider carefully.

20-Feb-17
Let me tell you something about getting a Doctor's note. If one won't give you what you want, the next one will.

20-Feb-17
Is this the same AirBow (gun) that Jim Shockey has promoted on his show and then states, "this air bow will change everything".

Will WA allow this gun during the archery seasons?

20-Feb-17
Where will it stop? If you can't draw a bow, then you don't hunt bow season. Hunt the gun season. That goes for me too when the day comes.

21-Feb-17
"If one won't give you what you want, the next one will."

dammit. I take the first "no" to often...... need more sales training.....

21-Feb-17
So is the airbow legal for handicapped people in WA during archery season? Or firearms season?

21-Feb-17
hunting disability permit is tough to get in wa ...and yes there always the few that bend the rules ,not sure of the season ,,and maybe someone cant by law own a firearm...i dont see it making a big impact! except to the person that finally has a way to go hunt! all im saying is it gets more people involved in hunting and thats a good thing IMO MikeC

21-Feb-17

keith's Link
Maryland has approved the airbow for firearm season (for now). Like the crossbow, I believe this is the first step to full inclusion. I don't understand this statement from the article: "The Pioneer Airbow enhances everything enthusiasts enjoy about archery hunting..."

21-Feb-17
You can't let what others do get you down. So if you could do the same thing would you? Nope, and that is to keep your pride and earn your accomplishments.

I feel sorry for buddy shooting deer from the truck with heater running. He can never experience the real thrill of hunting doing that. Next time he brags about it instead of reacting with disdain as would be natural maybe give him a real sorrowful look and tell him you feel so sorry for him that he can't experience hunting. Who knows, might just make him think.

21-Feb-17
Keith - the link you posted wasn't an article. It's an advertisement. The airbow has also been shown by the FDA to improve prostate health.

21-Feb-17
Good reason to join the P&Y Club.

21-Feb-17
Did WA step UP or step DOWN?!

21-Feb-17
I guess they day will come when some may (myself included) need to use such a tool ,,nice to know its there if i need it! and again it gets people out there thats what counts..... One cant be afraid of the unknown, or one would never walk into the forest MikeC

21-Feb-17
Mr C I disagree.

WHY do we "need to use such a tool"? Is using it actually bowhunting in the first place? WHY does EVERYONE need to be allowed to participate in bowhunting?

I can't hit a 3 point shot like a pro. I want to be a pro but don't have the time/desire to practice and/or the physical attributes to be a pro. Should I get a doctor's excuse to allow me to use a 4" diameter ball so it fits through the hoop easier? Should my doctor's excuse allow me to have my own 3-point line only a few feet from the hoop? Do we have to do whatever it takes to let everyone be a pro?

21-Feb-17
Smarba great point.

22-Feb-17
Anyone in KS. can get a handi-cap permit, just tell them something hurts. At least for this coming season, airbows and airguns will not be legal.

I've seen a blind guy shoot deer' 4 different one armed men kill assorted big game and bo fish If a person want to shoot a longbow or compound, he will find a way. Same token the person thats looking for the EASY button finds a way.

22-Feb-17
What disability could someone have in which they can not use a crossbow and need to use an airbow? I can't think of one. If a cross bow serves that purpose, and a 'greater weapons' air bow is not needed, allowing the use of during archery season is an assault on bowhunting. There are already seasons for greater weapons, if this is allowed there is no logic to not allowing guns also. If guns are allowed there is only gun season- no such thing as bow season anymore.

22-Feb-17
I never mention any season !the regs book is not out yet and no its not bow hunting in anyway never said it was that is all gentleman

23-Feb-17
I also believe that the intent driving alternative weapons that use "arrows" is people looking at the generally higher odds of drawing an archery tag, and the generally longer, more liberal seasons and saying "Hmmm, how can I get me a piece of that without actually having to learn how to shoot a bow?"

Do we really need to develop alternate weapons to hunt with besides what is already out there? How about a cannon that shoots fletched spears with foot-long mechanical broadheads? corn feeders with remote-controlled arrow launchers? shoulder mounted rocket propelled grenade launchers that shoot a dozen arrows in a shotgun grid pattern? Are these "bowhunting?"

IMO people are not looking for a new, romantic way to pursue game: the lure of Xbow and this Airbow is merely a shortcut to get an animal more easily and more lazily, pure and simple. Demonstrated by the push to include them into ARCHERY seasons - no push to ONLY get them allowed during firearms season. Because why would anybody want to buck the odds to draw rifle tags and then stoop to using an Xbow or Airbow?! They want a piece of easier-to-draw tags and longer seasons, without the difficulty that comes along with using a bow.

23-Feb-17
Its a huge step in shit .Every one can just use a gun in gun season Its wrong to use anything like that in Bowseason. It will be great for road hunters When the time comes when I can't pull a bow I will just use a gun

23-Feb-17
smarba makes an excellent point. Lets take it even further. I would like to be pro and win Vegas. My shoulder hurts, so I get to use an airbow. My knee also hurts, so I get to use a shooting bench, and bipod on my air gun. Hell, something else hurts, so I just put the air bow in a shooting vice, on the shooting bench. Wrong. If I can't draw a bow, I don't win Vegas, and I don't bow hunt.

23-Feb-17
Good one PECO!!!!

23-Feb-17
Smarba and Bigdan are my new heroes ! ( Well, actually a man that can kill that many elk without a Hoochie Coochie is a god ! ) But I digress......

The " how can I get me a piece of that ? " is the bottom line IMO. i have been recovering from rotator cuff injuries, and this morning I shot a few arrows. On the ninth arrow I couldn't hold my bow up any longer. I have an axis hunt the end of March. Hopefully I won't have to shoot it but eight times !

23-Feb-17
"Hopefully I won't have to shoot it but eight times !" That's awesome.

• Sitka Gear