Bowriter 22-Feb-17
MDW 22-Feb-17
Salagi 22-Feb-17
Zbone 22-Feb-17
Sawtooth 23-Feb-17
21-Feb-17

ohiohunter's embedded Photo
ohiohunter's embedded Photo
I just saw this on Facebook and thought it was pretty wild. Do you think the arrow fractured every rib that is ossified around it or do you think it was ossified due to proximity?

21-Feb-17

The last savage's embedded Photo
The last savage's embedded Photo
Here's a similar hit..This devistating wound. Simmons tree sharks are badass...This doe went down in 25 feet

21-Feb-17
Yep, bad shot angle.

21-Feb-17
I'm thinking proximity.

21-Feb-17
Whitetail never seize to amaze me....

ohiohunter - Thanks for sharing pic,,,, and yeah, I too been temped to try a Simmons tree shark after seeing some wound canals on the internet, but haven't seen any available near me, and just want to try one first before investing on a package from retailers via mail...

21-Feb-17
Not to jack this cool thread..But I'll post results of my upcoming season...im using the tree sharks for WT..

21-Feb-17
BTW, looks like that ribs broadhead is a Bear Razorhead, curious if the shaft is wood or aluminum?

21-Feb-17
That is some kind of impressive

21-Feb-17
Calcific changes/scarring....probably didnt break every rib wicked

21-Feb-17
That is neat. Amazing how they can heal

21-Feb-17
Couldn't find the original post just now, but think he said it was aluminum shaft.

21-Feb-17
So how long does it take to get that way?

22-Feb-17
Hmmm. The post I saw, woman said her dad killed it years ago. I saw it on Louisiana Deer Hunters.

22-Feb-17
Went back on facebook to double check what I thought I read yesterday and could not find it. Maybe I'm hulicinating as well as getting old?

Anyhow, three years ago we processed a deer that had been shot the year before. The broadhead tip was stuck on the inside of one rib and about 6 inches of the attached shaft was between two ribs on the entry side.

22-Feb-17

Salagi's Link
May not be able to link it from Facebook as it came from a closed group, but I saw it on the "traditional bowhunters". Man there name of Robert Stegall said his father gave it to him on his 30th birthday. According to him his father killed the deer years ago and found this when he dressed it out.

22-Feb-17
Yeah likely aluminum shaft, would think wood shaft would cause infection...

23-Feb-17
Savage that picture you posted is of a deer that was shot by Chris Spikes in SE Georgia. Although it WAS shot with a Simmons head, Chris and Robert Carter tracked it for nearly a mile before recovering it. Not 25 feet.

• Sitka Gear