brianhood 24-Feb-17
BOWUNTR 24-Feb-17
MathewsMan 24-Feb-17
critrgitr 24-Feb-17
Kurt 24-Feb-17
wkochevar 24-Feb-17
Rock 26-Feb-17
23-Feb-17
I have a Swaro 65 STS spotter and need a stay on cover for it. Hard to swallow the $300 for the Swaro covers ( I know the spotters are expensive too). Does any body have suggestions for other brands that fit and function well with these spotting scopes? Thanks

23-Feb-17
Check out this website-Eagleoptics.com. Inexpensive covers for optics. Got some for my binocs for only $7 +3 for shipping. Nice people to deal with.

23-Feb-17
King's Camo make a $50 cover for Swaro scopes, or at least did. I just use it if carrying the scope on the quad. It is too bulky in the backpack with a couple weeks of food on a long sheep hunt. It is decent cover, not as elegant as a Swaro cover though.

24-Feb-17
I have a snugfit neoprene cover on my sts80. The green rubber armor on the scope is made to protect it but the neoprene cover keeps the marks off of it. I like the neoprene covers over the lenses. THE factory covers are easy to lose......

24-Feb-17
I have the same scope and use the Kings cover. A little loose fit but it does its job. Ed F

24-Feb-17
Another vote for the Kings Desert Camo cover for the Swaro 65. Fits great and super efficient to use.

24-Feb-17
I've used the snug fit cover in the past with good luck. I have two buddies that had stitching fail on the horn hunter cover (same as the kings camp one). Both had the elastic end cap keeper stitching come apart within a couple months of buying theirs. They both bought them last winter around the same time so it could have been a badly stitched batch. I just bought a scopecoat stay on cover for my new ATX as they appear to be a bit heavier, but haven't got it yet to look over.

24-Feb-17
As brianhood says, the stock Swaro eyepiece cover doesn't stay on and the eyepiece lens is vulnerable in the pack. I use neoprene beer/pop can cover that has a solid bottom on my angled Swaro. I cut a slit in it to loop over the sight tube to hold it on. Its been working great for six seasons and the can cover was free.

The objective lens cover comes off in the pack on occasion as well, but the lens is fairly well protected due to its recessed location. Obviously I don't pack sharp metal objects under the scope either.

24-Feb-17
Creedmore sports will make one to fit a Swarovski. Less than $60 I think. Not as compact as the swaro model but does a good job at protecting the finish and retaining lens covers

24-Feb-17
Thanks for all the input....

26-Feb-17
I got my cover from Phone Scope when I bought my phone adapter, it was $40 and it is very nice but does fit a little loose. See Link

https://phoneskope.com/store/add_product_to_cart/5/221

• Sitka Gear