Contributors to this thread:
32Timbers 19-Mar-17
WapitiBob 20-Mar-17
IdyllwildArcher 20-Mar-17
Trial153 20-Mar-17
monkeybutt 20-Mar-17
W8N4RUT 01-Apr-17
19-Mar-17
Anybody try out the bowsnatcher yet? I generally always keep by bow in hand, but it could have come in handy a couple time last year while climbing a couple of those steep spots, or heading back in the dark. Wondering how it will hang off a Kifaru nomad.

20-Mar-17
I'm not putting 3 screws thru my pack bag.

20-Mar-17
Interesting. Another thing to buy!

20-Mar-17
I ran it last season on three diffent packs. A icon pro 1850, a mystery ranch cabent, and Sitka tool box. It was marginally useful at best. First off forget accessing it if the pack as any kind of load. Reaching over head and indexing it is damn near impossible. Second issue is that I didn't feel it was secure enough to use without some kind of lashing, once the attachment was in the sprocket you could push the bow up and out of it if it( the bow) was pushed up...say by bush ect. So if I needed to lash the bow down anyway why the hell bother with unit? Forget the crap you see in the video of guys scaling rocks and biking with it holding the bow, if it isn't lashed down it flops around way to much. I call those videos bull shit. also it's fairly heavy, so much so that on some packs it will pull the bag down and make access a pain if the zipper is proximity, this was noticeable when it was attached to the icon pro. Honestly I thought at time it would be more useful attached to the side belt and used when you stop to glass or take breather......that said a simple Sitka bow holder works better for that is a 10th the weight. I sold it for basically shipping cost, hopefully the new owner likes it better then I did.

20-Mar-17
Crazy heavy. Interesting idea, but not worth the weight and pack damage - IMHO

01-Apr-17
Just bought one. Yes, you need to poke 3 tiny holes in your pack. Clamping system is very tight. Agree that it is heavy. If this concept takes off someone will come up with a lighter design.

Need to use it in the field a little but it's easy to figure out and seems tough and durable.

I like the quick convenience of it especially if you need 2 hands for a moment etc

We'll see...

Scott

• Sitka Gear