UltimatePred 04-Apr-17
UltimatePred 04-Apr-17
UltimatePred 04-Apr-17
Charlie Rehor 04-Apr-17
smarba 04-Apr-17
UltimatePred 04-Apr-17
20-Mar-17

UltimatePred's Link
Ultimate Predator is getting ready to host our 1st Annual Hog Hunting Competition at the Barnes Keith Ranch near San Saba, TX. It will be this Thursday through Sunday. We will have 6 teams competing. We will have a scoring system broken down into 6 hunting slots (3 morning and 3 evening) based off of total weight and number of hogs. We have 6 ROCKSTAR bow hunting teams competing! Each team will consist of a competitor and a cameraman. Some of the teams will alternate the competitor and cameraman. Here are the teams in no particular order.

1. Tom Miranda – If you don’t know this guy, you just need to hang up your bow right now!

2. Jack Frost – First Person to Ever Get the Grand Slam of NA Sheep with a Bow

3. Lincoln Tapp – Youngest Person to Ever Get the Grand Slam of NA Sheep with a Bow - Has a show on the Outdoor Channel……Young Wild

4. Julie McQueen & Daniel Lee Martin - Host the show Till Death Do Us Part on Carbon TV

5. Brady Ellison – 3 Time Olympic Archer & 2016 Bronze Individual Medalist

6. Cole Van Winkle & Rick Forrest Cole – AZ Extreme Archery Rick – Designer of Schwacker Broadheads

This Clash of the Titans should be an absolute blast. Now, all we need are for a few pigs to show up to the party! Assuming I have signal at the ranch, I will keep you guys posted on the competition.

21-Mar-17
Lance, sounds like fun!

Tom who?!? HAHA, jk!

23-Mar-17
Tobinsghost.....haha

23-Mar-17

UltimatePred's embedded Photo
The Competition Has Begun!! High winds right now with rain on the way. We want to give a BIG thank you to the Christian Bowhunters of Texas for covering all of the processing fees and distribution of all of the meat to families in need during our competition.

23-Mar-17
Excellent! Post some pics when you can!

23-Mar-17
Bring it!

Mark

24-Mar-17
What no updates yet?

25-Mar-17

UltimatePred's Link
My apologies. I'm battling signal issues. Let me give you gentlemen an update. We are currently halfway through the competition, and it has been a BLAST. The entire competition is Spot and Stalk with a little calling involved. (This has been a treat because no one involved has ever attempted to call hogs.) Glenn Guess from Hog Zombies is going out with each team once to call. The stories have been amazing!

There are 6 teams, and they each have hunted 3 times so that's basically 18 "hunts". To my knowledge, every single "hunt" teams have had multiple stalking attempts. We can't ask for any better opportunities than that!

I would like to first discuss the scoring system so you will understand what you are seeing in the photos.

Scoring will be based on both total number of hogs harvested and total weight. Both scores will be tallied each scoring period. During each scoring period, each team's score will be broken into two categories. The first is total weight harvested, and the second is total # of hogs harvested. There are 6 teams competing. The team with the highest total number of hogs harvested in each period will receive 6 points. The team with the highest total weight of hogs harvested will also receive 6 points. Second place will receive 5 points, third place 4 points, fourth place 3 points, and so on. If any team fails to harvest a hog during a scoring period, they will receive double zeros. Ties will split the allocated points. The team with the highest point total at the end of the six scoring periods will have the dubious honor of being crowned 2017 Ultimate Predator/ Barnes Keith Ranch Boss Hog World Champion!!

25-Mar-17

Lincoln Tapp came out SWINGING the first round with 9 hogs totaling 613 pounds.

25-Mar-17

A beautiful photo of Cole VanWinkles first hog of the contest.

25-Mar-17

Brady Ellison's biggest hog thus far.

25-Mar-17

When you are surrounded by legends in the sport you love, you just sit back and enjoy the show.

25-Mar-17
Live (dead) weight or field dressed?

25-Mar-17
Damn, that kid from Young Wild is a killing machine! Very cool.

26-Mar-17
INbowdude. We are weighing before they are field dressed unless the shots occur early, and it could be detrimental to the meat. It is up to the guides to make the call.

Dyjack, you are correct!

26-Mar-17

The bluebonnets are in full swing hear at the Barnes Keith Ranch. Absolutely beautiful.

26-Mar-17
Brady (3x Olympic Archer) vs. Dirk and his longbow at 100 yards. Hmm......I just don't know who to bet on....lol.

26-Mar-17

26-Mar-17
He'll yeah! I would just shut up and soak in the moment and the information!

Thx for sharing!

26-Mar-17
That looks like a good time !

04-Apr-17
Tobinsghost, you are absolutely correct.

It most certainly was, Drycreek.

My apologies for not keeping this updated. I was having a terrible time with signal.

04-Apr-17

One of Lincoln's beautiful hogs he shot......if you can call a hog beautiful.....lol.

04-Apr-17

The Swhacker Broadheads are laying the hogs DOWN for the VanWinkle Team. Way to go Rick.
The Swhacker Broadheads are laying the hogs DOWN for the VanWinkle Team. Way to go Rick.
As the competition progressed, it became quite obvious that it was going to be a showdown between the Arizona boys (Brady Ellison vs. The VanWinkle Team - Cole VanWinkle & Rick Forrest).

The VanWinkle team was consistent throughout the entire competition. After getting blanked the first time out, they produced every other hunting session. This consistency brought them into almost a dead tie with Mr. Olympian himself going into the last round of competition.

04-Apr-17

Brady using our Whitetail Stalker Decoy to drop this piggy.

04-Apr-17

Cole's choice of decoy this time was a Hog Stalker Decoy. Those pigs didn't stand a chance.

04-Apr-17

Brady struck again!

04-Apr-17

This was a real treat. We were able to call in several hogs during the hunt. In fact, I didn't even know you could call in hogs until we got hooked up with the guys at Convergent Game Calls. This is Glenn Guess calling a hog in for Dr. Jack Frost.

04-Apr-17

Daniel Lee Martin and Jules McQueen from "Till Death Do Us Part" on Carbon TV getting in on the action.

04-Apr-17
Daniel Lee Martin and Jules McQueen from Til Death Do Us Part on Carbon TV getting in on the action.

04-Apr-17

04-Apr-17

SOOO......with the anticipation building as the last hunting session was coming to a close, it was no surprise that the last two teams in were the two teams in the lead. They were fighting down to the last second.

If that wasn't enough suspense. When both teams rolled in, they both had dropped two hogs per team. Therefore, it was literally going to come down the scales. The way the points were playing out in the final round meant the highest total weight of each team's two pigs was going to win the entire competition. We couldn't have asked for a better finale to an awesome competition.

The VanWinkle team's hogs combined for 187 pounds of pig. Then, it was time to weigh Brady's hogs. His first pig came in at 94 pounds. He needed another 94 pounds to take the title as "Boss Hog". Last day, last team, last hog.......I love barnburners.........124 lbs!!! We had a winner, Brady Ellison!

04-Apr-17

What a fantastic group of contestants. We had so many laughs and made such wonderful memories with these guys. Ultimate Predator is so thankful everyone came out for a little fun.

04-Apr-17

04-Apr-17

This event absolutely would NOT have been possible without the help of these amazing guides. What a great group of guys. If anyone is ever interested in a whitetail hunt, hog hunt, or exotic hunt, I highly encourage you to get in touch with the guys at the Barnes-Keith Ranch. http://www.barnes-keithranch.com

I cannot speak highly enough about these guys and the ranch. I was born and raise in TX for 28 years. In fact, my family has a ranch less than an hour from this property, and my jaw dropped as we were driving around the ranch. It's one of the absolute most beautiful ranches I have ever seen down there. If that's not enough, it also has 11 miles of the CO River for one border of the ranch.

04-Apr-17

Even though Brady may have won the competition, the true winners are the families that are going to receive all of the meat. We cannot thank the Christian Bowhunters of Texas enough for their generosity. Their organization is covering all of the processing fees and distributing the meat to families in need. They estimate the contestants harvested enough hogs to provide just over 3,000 meals to families in need.

They have a wonderful mission to feed as many families as possible. If anyone is interested in donating to their organization, I can assure you it will go to a good cause. Feel free to contact them through www.huntforchrist.com.

04-Apr-17
Well done!

04-Apr-17
Great stuff! I may have missed it skimming through the posts, but did the pigs have to be killed via the use of an Ultimate Predator decoy?

04-Apr-17
Smarba, They did not. However, a LARGE chunk of them were.

• Sitka Gear