ohiohunter 23-Mar-17
elk yinzer 23-Mar-17
tacklebox 23-Mar-17
tacklebox 23-Mar-17
craig@work 23-Mar-17
Nick Muche 23-Mar-17
Too Many Bows Bob 23-Mar-17
22-Mar-17
Love my Asat camo and need a light to mid weight layer update. Anyone have this hoody? I can find no reviews online. I do not have any local dealers so I can't handle it before I buy. How is the fit? Does it shrink? Any input is appreciated. Craig

23-Mar-17
FL Chama Hoody

23-Mar-17
Is the chama as warm? Durable?

23-Mar-17
The chama gets a lot of praise here, I haven't broke down and bought one yet but I really like the other FL tops I have. Its merino so its weight to warmth ratio next to none in its class. You might still be able to get it in asat.

23-Mar-17
It depends on your context/what your planned use it, but the Chama hoody isn't really warm and wind cuts straight thru it. It's intended as a mid-weight baselayer. Merino wool's properties are conducive to next to skin baselayers for their moisture and odor management properties. If you are looking for insulating layer I'd look at fleece or primaloft/down with some wind resistance.

23-Mar-17
I don't have the High Wood hoody but I have had the chance to look it over and the like in person. It is a nice piece. Historically ASAT brand has had HORRIBLE sizing (ask me how I know :) The newer line SEEMS to be better but I can't say with any certainty what fit is like across the line. The Highwood IMO is more of an outer / mid than a light / mid weight layer. Certainly will be heavier than the Chama. However you said you are looking for a light / mid weight LAYER not an outer, so IMO the Chama is a better fit and you are getting a merino piece which is hard to beat. My .02

23-Mar-17
If you are familiar at all with FL I'd put the Highwood closer in construction to FL's Halstead fleece. Both are a syn / bonded fleece of about the same weight. Both also heavier than Chama. The bonded fleece will be more wind resistant than merino of course but also not breath as well which for me is important in a light / mid layer.

23-Mar-17
Thanks all this is the kind of input I need.

23-Mar-17
I like the Chama hoody with the halstead fleece over it. Both should be available in ASAT. Kind of a pricy combo compared to what you had asked about though.

23-Mar-17
Check Day One.

TMBB

• Sitka Gear