Scrappy 23-Mar-17
jwoods 23-Mar-17
AT Halley 23-Mar-17
Timbrhuntr 23-Mar-17
Scrappy 23-Mar-17
Rickm 23-Mar-17
pav 24-Mar-17
22-Mar-17
Last year I missed the application date for elk and mule deer in Montana so I contacted the Montana fish and game in early January and they told me they would send out a package for the 2017 season if I gave them my address and email. I have never received an email and today when I went to the mail box guess what ? A copy of the 2017 Montana Nonresident Combination License and Deer & Elk Permit was there. Only problem is its March 22 and it has printed on the front to apply by March 15 Ha! Ha! Good thing I come here and read the guys updates or I would have been SOL again this year !!!!

22-Mar-17
Maybe it's a sign. :)

23-Mar-17
In HI that's an every day occurrence. Bulk mail is surface. Surface to HI is by boat. many times space available, like shipping "standby". You never get a magazine that is current, a "gift card" that isn't expired, etc.

23-Mar-17
I hear that ! When I bought my spring turkey tags last year they told me that they would mail them and I would get them in 2 weeks. I said thats ok can you send them to my buddy in Montana. This year they talked me into having my permits mailed to me if I'm succesful I'm starting to think that may be a mistake.

As far as being a sign ya a sign don't get anything sent from them in the mail if you WANT IT BEFORE the next season and a sign that I could be screwed this year !!

23-Mar-17
The most inept organization on planet earth...

23-Mar-17
So since I screwed up my application online and had to call to get it fixed. Are ya saying that montana may not get that check that said they would send me anytime soon.

23-Mar-17
How many applied online and got double charged for the conservation and base hunting license? New this year, you had to add the bow and arrow license, which automatically added conservation and base license. Both of these fees is also included in the elk/big game combination license. I spoke to them on the phone and they were aware of the problem, but didn't know how to fix it. I was told they would refund the over charge later on. I didn't know if that was a limited occurrence, or if that happened to everyone. Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone did and didn't notice.

23-Mar-17
Jwoods, same thing happened to me.

23-Mar-17
I purchased the bow and arrow license and had to buy the base and conservation. I also applied to the elk/deer and will be applying for the antelope. So I gues this means that I should get three base licenses and 3 conservation for this year lol. Last year I had already purchased my base and conservation license with my turkey and they did not charge me again so not sure why they would this year guess I'll see in a few weeks when the elk/deer results come out. As far as the refund I applied for antelope last year after missing the elk/deer deadline and was not successful. I did get the refund cheque but it took forever I was about to call when it arrived.

23-Mar-17
Yup exactly what happened to me. They told me they would cut me check minus the tax. They gonna keep that.

23-Mar-17
Me too.

24-Mar-17
Ditto

• Sitka Gear