kota-man 18-Apr-17
Charlie Rehor 18-Apr-17
t-roy 18-Apr-17
huntmaster 19-Apr-17
kota-man 19-Apr-17
Shug 19-Apr-17
Stekewood 22-Apr-17
15-Apr-17
All these polar bear threads popping up keep getting my heart skipping...

15-Apr-17
He will get it done

15-Apr-17
It's cold out on that ice Ike........

I just thought of something kinda funny, although at the time I'm sure it wasn't. A friend of mine was polar bear hunting several years ago and his guides were an Inuit and his wife, she was the cook. He was being towed on a sled and they were riding a snow machine, something about the actual hunter riding a snow machine being illegal. Any way, they crossed a ridge in the ice and the sled flipped, dumping my friend out on the ice with literally nothing but his fur suit and mukluks. His rifle was strapped to the sled ! After about fifteen minutes, they must have looked back and noticed the sled on its side, and they came back and got him. Could have been more than just a funny story !

15-Apr-17
Yep

15-Apr-17
Oh yeah, we will all hear from him soon I'm sure!

16-Apr-17
Just waiting for photos

16-Apr-17
Yes. I told him everyone was chomping at the bit here. I won't spoil anything for him though

16-Apr-17
Hey guys! I got off the ice at 3 am after a 15 hour dog sled ride. After 5 days in a whiteout blizzard, I was able to take a beautiful Bear on day 8. I won't be home until this weekend and will try to do an update then. Another Bowsiter, Vance McCullers was on his way home when I arrived. We had a nice visit and he was able to connect on a great Bear as well. More to follow...

16-Apr-17
Congratulations. Looking forward to the recap.

16-Apr-17
Grats! Looking forward to seeing it and hearing about it.

16-Apr-17
Congratulations Cory! Neat stuff!

16-Apr-17
Hope our Bowsiter connection in the Whitehouse can get the rules changed so you can bring the white beast back to the US of A!

16-Apr-17
Congrats! Can't wait for the details.

16-Apr-17
Huntcell X 2

17-Apr-17
Congrats on the bear! I cant wait to hear about it.

17-Apr-17
Kota Man might have to change is handle to "Arctic Man!"

CONGRATS on weathering days on end of whiteout conditions Cory to get it done!!!

We look forward to story, pics and details!!

Mark

17-Apr-17
Awesome! Looking forward to the pics and story Kota!

17-Apr-17
Anybody know whether Cory was hunting Norwegian Bay?

17-Apr-17
Looking forward to the details. Congratulations Cory!

17-Apr-17
Awesome Cory! Looking forward to the details!!

17-Apr-17
Sounds like quite the adventure! Congrats!

18-Apr-17
Just landed in Resolute Bay on my three day journey home. Tom, I did the Jones Sound hunt vs. Norwegian Bay.

18-Apr-17
The two guys that hunted Resolute Bay this week came up empty. So far, the outfit I went with is 1 for 1 out of Norwegian Bay and 4 for 4 out of Jones Sound. I think 4 out of the five have been pushing 10 feet or over!

18-Apr-17
Cory,

Is this where we get to hear all the details of this incredible adventure?

OR, is this where you give us a little snippet of info (ie...bait) and we have to wait another 3 days to get the whole enchilada?:)

Mark

18-Apr-17
Was wondering that same thing, Mark. May depend on the reliabily of the quality wifi in Resolute Bay.. ;)

Jared

18-Apr-17
Hey Kota-man, I'm in the air on my way to Ottawa now and then Resolute Bay tomorrow. I'm sure excited. Must be the year of the Polar Bear!

I'd sure appreciate any last minute suggestions you might have, and to hear your story in the airport. I'm pretty easy to pick out anywhere, and probably even easier in a place as small as Resolute Bay must be. Hope to see you there!

18-Apr-17
Wifi here s shakey at best, in fact, I've typed this three times, so it will be a few days.

Halibutman, Who are you hunting with? I leave here at 6:45 am so we will only cross in the air.

18-Apr-17
Damn. Too bad on the timing. I'm going to Grise Fiord. Booked with Americana through BSC. I've been making payments now for several YEARS. Hopefully y'all left one big one for me!

I selected the less expensive hunt that starts right out of GF. I wasn't too keen on being beaten to death before we even started hunting, which seems like what happens when hunting the further area.

18-Apr-17
Funny HMan...I chose the Jones Sound hunt for the same reason you did, but not necessarily the right reason. With Norwegian Bay you ride snow machine for 12 hours and start hunting. With my hunt I rode dog sled all the way across Jones Sound for 2.5 days before getting to the Bears!

But know this HMan: you've booked with one of if not the best Polar Bear outfits there is. I've heard some nightmarish stories this week.

18-Apr-17
Safe travels sir!

18-Apr-17
Congrats on your adventure Cory!

Good luck to you and stay safe Matthew!

19-Apr-17
Congrats Cory! Can't wait for the pics!

19-Apr-17
I worked on the story while flying today. I've been cutting and pasting like crazy. The "story" got a little longer than I had hoped. See "Polar Bear of Grise Fiord"

19-Apr-17
Congratulations Cory

22-Apr-17
Congratulations.

• Sitka Gear