Ace 17-Oct-17
Nick Muche 17-Oct-17
HUNT MAN 20-Nov-17
t-roy 20-Nov-17
HUNT MAN 20-Nov-17
Nick Muche 14-Dec-17
darralld 14-Dec-17
18-Apr-17
Who would like L39? I have not been able to keep up with the site and sending it on hunts like it was ment to do. so if someone wants it I will gladly ship it to them and then they can send it out on hunts again.

18-Apr-17
L39's name was actually brought up in a conversation at the P&Y convention, but I can't remember who it was! Hopefully, they will see this & chime in.

It's a neat tradition that needs to keep going. I was fortunate enough to be able to take L39 to Africa a couple of years ago, and, while there, got to share him with some other fellow Bowsiters as well. It's interesting to read where all of the hunts that L39 has been on that are written down on the sheet that accompanies him. Good to see that he will be back in circulation! (kind of a poor man's "golden horseshoe")

18-Apr-17
I love this. Leatherwall used to have an "ole Buck" recurve like this.

18-Apr-17
I have a few hunts planned this year it could go on...

18-Apr-17
I've bookmarked this thread. I'll get in touch with you next year. Has L39 been to Russia? I'm booked for next August.

18-Apr-17
It's a pretty cool thing. I brought it to Newfoundland in 2014.

18-Apr-17
Thanks Brock!

18-Apr-17
Has L39 been to Cuba? Heading there next Friday on a fishing trip.

18-Apr-17
I'm on the short list... Ed F

18-Apr-17
I'll be heading to New Brunswick in early June on a Bear hunt if L39 would like to accompany me. I will be glad to send it on afterwards,

18-Apr-17
Thanks for starting the tour again!

18-Apr-17
I'm heading to the Brooks Range after grizzly on May 14th. I'll take it along if no one else has it.

18-Apr-17

19-Apr-17
The End and psu hoss PMs sent get me your info and I will get the knife on the way. Ed i'm sorry I never got you the knife you will for sure be getting it this year just let me know when you want it

19-Apr-17
If psu wants to send it to me, I can hand deliver it to The Ends camp as I'll be grizzly hunting in the same general area the week prior and plan to stop in there anyhow.

24-Apr-17
PM Sent. Leaving on Thursday night for east of Cayo Coco, a few hours east of Havana. I can be sure and get it in the mail to Nick after returning on May 7th.

07-May-17

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Just got her in the mail today.

Kenneth, I'll see you while you're grizzly hunting and hand it off to you. Hopefully it'll bring some luck!

07-May-17
Sounds good Nick. I'm packed and ready to go!

07-May-17
PSU please post about your trip. Cuba is on the bucket list and adding fishing moves it up a few notches.

04-Jun-17
I'm back from Alaska with L39. I had a good trip but did not punch my tag. Who's up next?

09-Jun-17
TTT

09-Jun-17
I'd like to have it for my moose hunt the first week of September... Ed F

09-Jun-17
Ed, PM me you address and I'll get the knife in the mail. Good luck on your moose hunt!

09-Jun-17
I think we could use L39 at the 11th annual Porkapalooza Hog Hunt next week. Not sure it could be there on time though.

09-Jun-17
If it wants to do a moose round trip Ed could send it to Manitoba after his early Sep hunt, and my brother and I could use it mid-end of Sep. We'll prob be leaving around the 22nd or so.

Is there a separate thread dedicated to the adventures of the L39?

09-Jun-17
Adam

There's a thread on his adventures in Africa a few years back. "L 39 goes to the Dark Continent "

11-Jun-17
I'll have a 3 generation deer hunt in Wyoming the first week in November if the draw gods are on our side. We be happy to bring him along.

06-Aug-17
Ed, do you have L39?

Where's it going next?

06-Aug-17
Nope... I leave September 8th and return the 24th. Ed F

06-Aug-17
Ed, i just messaged him. You should too Just in case.

07-Aug-17
I know it's a ways off, but it can go to Australia with me next year!

Scar.

15-Aug-17
If anyone can get in touch with Kenneth (The End) it would be appreciated so that this knife can be passed along...

16-Aug-17
TTT

Would be cool to get this knife onto the next person...

05-Sep-17
TTT

Still no word from him after a few PMs.

20-Sep-17
TTT in case anyone has heard from The END. If not, could be The END of L39 and it's adventures...

23-Sep-17
Relax.... I have it. Was hoping to take care of a moose with her but it didn't happen. Someone who has an upcoming hunt, PM me with their info and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow when I get home. Thanks for the opportunity. Ed F

23-Sep-17
Leaving for Kodiak on Wednesday...

Scott

23-Sep-17
Glad to hear she ain't lost, thanks Ed! Nice catching up with you the other night. Hope you can make it back to Alaska soon.

24-Sep-17
L39 is on it's way to Coyote65 for an Az elk hunt. Sorry, W8N4RUT I don't think it would get to you in time.

Nick, Your ability to drink beers into the wee hours of the morning is almost as impressive as your ability to slay animals all over North America. I can now say I drove the Denali highway with a hangover! Thank you and Steph... we'll be back, real soon. Ed F

24-Sep-17
Honored to have it, so who is next.

Terry

24-Sep-17
I have a Moose hunt 10/8 in Maine If that works.

24-Sep-17
Ace, my hunt ends on the 5th of Oct. If I tag out early and I can get it to you on time you are next on the list.

Terry

25-Sep-17
My brother is coming home from okinawa (sp) japan for an elk hunt 10/13. It will be kind of a special hunt if l39 isnt spoken for.

27-Sep-17
Guess what showed up in the mail today, I 39. It is going on a elk hunt in AZ 23 North. This is one of the areas that the state has designated for alternative management (age). So not only did I get a tag, but I got a envelope with instructions on how to remove the two bottom teeth so the elk can be aged, and a sheet to score the antlers.

This will be my last chance to hunt bull elk, (72) and my wife didn't want me to try and hump one out by myself, so she got me an outfitter. Wards.

Depending on when my hunt ends the knife will go to either Ace, or fubar racin.

It was neat to see all the places the knife had been. If successful will have a picture or two. Will be glad to pass on the "brotherhood of the traveling knife".

Terry

27-Sep-17
Good luck Terry! Wishing you the same luck it's brought several others, looking forward to the photos.

27-Sep-17
Cool idea about adding the pics, Terry! That definitely would be a neat addition to the destination list that travels with L39. Good luck on your hunt!

04-Oct-17

Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Knife is on its way to Ace in Conn. It brought me luck, or I had a good guide. 7 x 7 354 bull. Opening morning shot the bull while he was bedded. fell about 35 yards from the shot.

As photos have been requested. Warning rifle shot, if that offends you please turn away.

Terry

04-Oct-17
Heck yeah!!!!!! Way to go man!

05-Oct-17
Beautiful Bull Coyote, congrats! I look forward to taking L39 on my Moose hunt next week.

Who has something interesting planned coming up?

05-Oct-17
I leave nov 13 for another elk hunt if l39 isnt spoken for yet.

05-Oct-17
Nice Job Terry! I think your kidding about your age though. You sure don't look no 72! I think there's a couple more elk years in you.

16-Oct-17
Well L-39 accompanied me on a Maine Moose hunt last week. I didn't shoot a moose but we got into them every day and saw 3 different Bulls.

L-39 is ready for a late Oct adventure. Who has what planned? I think we can get the knife to someone now, then send it to Fubar for his Nov elk hunt.

17-Oct-17
If L-39 isn't spoken for in mid January 2018 I will be going over the wall to Mexico with Ward's Outfitters and would love to take L-39 with me in hopes to use it on a Coues deer. gottoohunt

17-Oct-17
Gonna be 3 bowsiters together here in Iowa the first week in November.

17-Oct-17
Heading to Kodiak Oct 27 with 2 other bowsiters. Would love to take l-39

17-Oct-17
Kodiak would be a better choice as long as you guys can shoot straight, Hunt!! ;-)

17-Oct-17
I have an Archery S6,S46 bighorn sheep hunt in Colorado Nov 10-30. A good knife will come in handy.

17-Oct-17

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo
L-39 is on the way to Montana to accompany Hunt Man and friends to Kodiak. I'm not sure how long his hunt is, but he can decide who gets it after that (hopefully Fubar Racin).

Good luck Hunt!

17-Oct-17
Hunt, Will and TEmbry are going to put that knife to use! Awesome, hope it brings you guys the same luck as it's brought me. Still bummed I won't make it, looking forward to the pictures and stories. Good luck!

20-Nov-17
We are back and L39 is ready to go hunting . Who wants it. It’s a lucky one. Hunt

20-Nov-17
Did you resharpen it, Hunt? I heard it got used a bunch!

20-Nov-17
Troy, she is sharp and ready for another hunt.

14-Dec-17
The guy who refurbished L39 and brought it back to life would like to take it to Hawaii in Feb for a bowhunting trip.

14-Dec-17
Can someone post all the names on it? Pretty cool!

• Sitka Gear