DL 19-Apr-17
JacobNisley 19-Apr-17
DL 19-Apr-17
WV Mountaineer 19-Apr-17
18-Apr-17

DL's Link
Speed Kills! Pat should like this!

18-Apr-17
Cool video. Some of the comments..... must think yotes are vegetarian and don't chase things down, catch em and kill em.....

Prolly best not to walk em at the local dog park though.......

18-Apr-17
JTV......for sure! I used to skin coyotes occasionally for a local fur buyer when I lived in Oklahoma. Some of them were tore up pretty bad. After I skinned the first dog caught one, I told him that I would skin the trapped or gun killed ones, but I ain't skinning any more dog caught ones!

There a quite a few guys that run sight hounds in Oklahoma. I've seen guys turn the dogs out on a couple of chases, but never got to actually see the dogs make a catch. Looks like it would be a blast. The windshield of the guy's truck in the video looks exactly like every truck of all the guys that I knew that ran yotes with sight hounds!

18-Apr-17
That's cool. I'm sure there are some WV bear and coon hunters that would love to see that. Yotes can be hard on hounds. God Bless men

19-Apr-17
That is a popular practice here in Kansas and quite a few coyotes are taken that way. I have a friend that had greyhounds several years ago. His dogs were big babies around humans and loved attention. My brother rode with him a few times. They usually have about eight dogs in the truck. When they see a coyote they release the "Catch" dogs. These are small, fast dogs the catch and hold the coyote. There is usually a large slow "kill" dog that is released after the Catch dogs catch the coyote. The kill dog makes short work of the coyote.

I talked to a man that hunts with greyhounds last week. He said he is down to 11 dogs and only caught 20 coyotes this year, as it was a bad year. With the wet year we had last year there was too much cover to see the coyotes.

19-Apr-17
The biggest problem is alot of the dog hunters don't have permission where they hunt around here so it makes for a bad name.Too many houses too close together.We used to kill way more yotes with shotguns than dog hunters.

19-Apr-17
There are a dozen guys in the rural area I live in that do this. They do kill 50-100 coyotes a winter per hunter. They don't kill more than someone with a rifle and the same amount of hours spent could kill. Problem is it doesn't matter if these guys have 10000 acres to hunt, the drive the road and turn out on land they dont belong on. The drive grass patches that aren't theirs and start fires. You'll catch them trespassing several times. It's like they think if they turn out at the road it then gives them permission to trespass to retrieve the dogs and coyote. Most of them own land and we have to threaten deer hunting their places to keep them from coming back to ours. I'm friends with several and have been hunting but when I have went they know we only go places we have permission.

19-Apr-17
And here I thought this was going to be a video of a yote getting flattened on the highway by a Greyhound bus.

19-Apr-17
LINK... sounds familiar with what we deal with on the hog issue in SE Oklahoma. People have small acreages surrounding us and have feeders that the hogs frequent. They then feel they can release their dogs 150 yards from the property line. Guess where the hogs go? Our place.

Sorry, to the OP, don't mean to divert.

19-Apr-17
Seen it in Colorado last year, very interesting!

19-Apr-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
A lot of people have issue with this type of hunting coyotes. I just remind myself that this is what coyotes and wolves do. They start eating before the animals are dead. Someone posted this hear years back. According to his trail cam they fed on this deer for 2 hours before it died. If wolves spot a coyote the same thing happens. No sympathy here for wolves or coyotes.

19-Apr-17
So DL, a native predator is wrong doing its natural thing? I get that predators need to be controlled like any other animal and I can't think of one I wouldn't want to hunt, but to hate them for doing what they do naturally doesn't make sense. Nothing against this style of hunting.

19-Apr-17
Fleas, ticks and mosquitos just do their natural thing too. Coyotes don't just kill to eat either.

19-Apr-17
The only natural predator that uses reasoning to decide whether to kill or not is human. All others will kill at every opportunity. Not saying they hunt all the time but, let prey get in an opportune position at anytime and, they do what they do. Every time. God Bless men

• Sitka Gear