WapitiBob 22-Apr-17
midwest 22-Apr-17
earlyriser 23-Apr-17
elk yinzer 24-Apr-17
IdyllwildArcher 24-Apr-17
Sparky27 25-Apr-17
21-Apr-17

Native Okie's Link
Just checked out the new web based Google Earth. Impressed withe the imagery thus far.

22-Apr-17
Thanks for the heads up, now if I could just learn how to use all this technology.

22-Apr-17
JTV, the web based version does not have those tools you are correct. Read the link I included, that's pretty clear in the article. It's benefits ar better images than the downloaded software currently.

22-Apr-17
Can one have the old and the new on their computer?

22-Apr-17
Paul, yes. You simply are using a website vs a software on your computer. If you follow the link I provided it will take you to the article which has an embedded link. You just have to use Google Chrome as your browser. We can talk soon if needed.

22-Apr-17
Is it IOS compatible?

22-Apr-17
needs to run in a chrome browser, not yet ready for ios. Imagery is the same for both my GE apps. I pulled in my 5 state my places kml file and it brought the new app to it's knees. It'll get better.

22-Apr-17
It's pretty cool

23-Apr-17
It wiped my points and it doesn't seem to have continuous gps when moving the mouse around the screen. Better image quality though.

24-Apr-17
This better image quality is great, hoping that migrates to the downloaded version where all my data is stored.

24-Apr-17
This is good news. I'm not allowed to put software on my work laptop so I can't have GE on it.

25-Apr-17
Awesome imagery! Won't replace the original version as my scouting tool due to the lack of features mentioned here. But fun to look at areas in better detail. For those of you who have pins/waypoints saved on the desktop version, you can easily bring them over to the new browser version. Save your "My Places" as a kml file and you can updload them...including NGS topo overlay, etc.

• Sitka Gear