Grunt-N-Gobble 24-Apr-17
Brotsky 24-Apr-17
Southern draw 24-Apr-17
Beav 24-Apr-17
tacklebox 24-Apr-17
APauls 24-Apr-17
yooper89 24-Apr-17
22-Apr-17
As several of you know we are expecting our second daughter this month. We've been anxiously awaiting as this will be the first natural birth for us.

Last night I stayed up and watched the Thunder game and then went to bed around 11:30. An hour later, she woke me up and said it's time to go!

22-Apr-17
1:15AM arrived at PVH here in Fort Collins. We got right in and the staff has been great thus far.

3:00AM my wife's Dr arrives and is on call until 8AM. Epidural begins shortly thereafter.

While giving the epidural I'm consoling my wife as she's in a lot of pain from contractions. The nurse says to me "sometimes we lose dads here". Of course I'm not too concerned until about 10 minutes later. I still had my Helly Hanson down jacket on and inconspicuous dip of Copenhagen in (to calm the nerves). I started to get really hot but couldn't fold on my wife. All the sudden I started fading out... fast.

The nurse hit me with alcohol swabs under the nose and I recovered ditching the jacket and the dip.

22-Apr-17

Native Okie's embedded Photo
4:30AM in laws arrive from Denver and my daughter is still wired. Wife is resting well and I'm going to try and get some sleep myself. It's a waiting game from here.

22-Apr-17

Emerson is somehow still awake.
Emerson is somehow still awake.

22-Apr-17
Go Daddy!

22-Apr-17
Hang in there man. Get some rest. You are going to need it, God Bless

22-Apr-17
Good luck, buddy!

22-Apr-17
WELL!!!!

22-Apr-17
is this a bow or gun delivery?

22-Apr-17
I guess I will not be seeing you at the gym this morning? Prayers that all goes well.

my best, Paul

22-Apr-17
Bow only, Bou. Glad you asked.

Paul, thx for the prayers! get a workout (and nap) in for me buddy!

22-Apr-17
Good luck brother! Does this mean you'll have Monday off and can go turkey hunting? :) Prayers sent your way

22-Apr-17
There were some complications with ours and my wife ended up having to have a C-Section.

As she recalls, the doctor had some concerns that I might tip over during the procedure. (I guess they've had a lot of guys hit the floor.) She claims that I made a comment about being fine and not to worry because I frequently field dress animals... and then had a conversation about bowhunting with the anesthesiologist and whether or not the baby would become a bowhunter.

I remind her that she was under anesthetics. People can have wild visions while under anesthesia.

Feel free to use me as a comparator or benchmark to score points with your wife.

Congratulations. Have fun. Take more pictures of your older daughter meeting her sister than you think you need. Those are precious moments. Nothing but good wishes for you and the family.

22-Apr-17
Exciting times! Good luck.

22-Apr-17
When my son was born,there was so much screaming ,that the doc said I had to stop screaming or leave the room.lol,congrats for you and wife.

22-Apr-17
My wife was in labor a few minutes short of 48 hours for our first one, hang in there. The coolest part was watching Meagan come alive several seconds after they pulled her out. I heard the old TV host Chuck Woolery talk about it then saw it myself. Hopefully you can experience that. Congrats to you and the family.

22-Apr-17
Thanks to all. Unfortunately natural did not go as planned. C-Section shortly.

22-Apr-17
That'll do the trick.

22-Apr-17
Keep us posted, Aaron! Best wishes for a healthy baby!

22-Apr-17
Haha! Bow only. Congratulations!!

22-Apr-17
Very cool Aaron! Wishing you and your family all the best! Our daughter-in-law is having a C-section May 12. She'll be their first girl after 3 boys. God help her! Ha!

22-Apr-17
My kids were born 37 and 36 years ago when you usually never knew the sex until "the day". Kinda glad there was no internet then so I could be 100% focused but in 2017 it sure is fun to have fellow bow hunters involved on a semi-live birth. Hope all goes well! C

22-Apr-17
Everything went well. The Operation team is working to wrap up now. So far both girls are doing well, more to come! This may be the first post on Bowsite frim a live operation unless Idly or Deertick have pulled it off.

22-Apr-17
Who would have ever believed that BS.com would carry semi-live human child birthing?

Glad the c-section went well and mother and child are doing well.

I've always been a proponent of a "medical icon" on Big Game Forums on BS. It's needed.

22-Apr-17

Buffalo, you have to push the boundaries and keep setting the bar lower or higher ;^)

We got out of surgery and all is well now. Had a scary complication that pushed the surgery an additional two hours after the baby was delivered. Everly Marie landed at 7.5 lbs at 11:11AM today. I'm definitely in love, what an emotional day.

22-Apr-17
Beautiful girl, congratulations! Hope all is well with mom and continues to be.

22-Apr-17
Hardy Congrats. Already seeing sibling love- "Don't mess with my little sister !!" Beautiful baby.

22-Apr-17
Congrats Aaron and family!

22-Apr-17
So cool ! Congrats !!

22-Apr-17
Congratulations on your healthy baby girl!

22-Apr-17
Congratulations.

My wife still reminds me that I went out to eat while she was in labor. (In my defense, the labor was drug out and in a stall when I made that decision) so the bar has been set pretty low by other new dads!

The time goes fast. Enjoy the ride. The baby noted above is getting married in June.

22-Apr-17
Love it man! Glad things went well. Congratulations my brother!

22-Apr-17
Congrats Okie! The birth of you child is always a special moment. Get as much sleep as you can now.

22-Apr-17
Congrats Aaron....I have two girls, too. Best thing that ever happened to me! Enjoy...life is good!

22-Apr-17
Congratulations!!

22-Apr-17
Congrats to you and your family!

22-Apr-17
A hearty congrats!!

Nothing better than family!!!

Mark

23-Apr-17
Very cool

Congrats to you and the Mrs.

Good luck, Robb

23-Apr-17
Congratulations Aaron!

23-Apr-17
Praise the Lord for the Blessing and may God Bless you all brother. Take care

23-Apr-17
Congrats!! Glad everyone is doing well!!

I still catch hell from wife for describing her appearance as looking like a gutted deer after her C-section. Oops!

23-Apr-17
Congrats on the baby! 2 daughters is a handful and now u gotta start making boys!

I fell asleep close to the end with one of mine. They woke me about 15 mins before the baby popped out. My wife tends to go into labour late at night and then keep me up till ridiculous hours waiting. Ive caught several kids but a few hours after birth...... Naptime!

23-Apr-17
Congrats Aaron! I have two girls and they both love to hunt. It's actually the only thing they think I know how to do so that is good for me in that they don't think I am a complete idiot. I will also say congrats to Bowsite too since it's shocking that this thread has gone this long without a get off my lawn guy posting "what does this have to do with bowhunting?"

23-Apr-17
Congrats buddy! Glad all ended well.

24-Apr-17
Congrats!!!!!

24-Apr-17
Congrats Okie! Glad to see mom and baby are doing well! There's something awfully special about bowhunting with your daughter. You are doubly blessed!

24-Apr-17
Big Congrats !!

24-Apr-17
Congrats!!

24-Apr-17
She is beautiful, Congratulations, Hope Mama is doing well...

24-Apr-17
Congrats!

24-Apr-17
Congrats! My girlfriend had our firstborn on 4/13. The next generation of hunters is alive and well in Arrow James.

• Sitka Gear