carcus 17-May-17
SoDakSooner 17-May-17
tacklebox 17-May-17
Glunt@work 17-May-17
JL 18-May-17
wild1 18-May-17
JL 18-May-17
13-May-17
Hi folks... I wanted to share my recent customer service experience with Badlands Packs.

In 2010, I purchased a Badlands 2800 for $165. At the time, there were many positive reviews of their packs, and many on here using them.

Compared to many here, I moderately used the pack for training and for several hunts including Sheep, Goats, Moose, Elk and Caribou. I loved the pack, and it fit me well.

I sent it back for a few minor repairs (buckles, slight modification) a couple of years ago, and Badlands fixed/returned it in a timely manner for about $40 total in shipping costs.

This spring I contemplated buying another pack as the appeal of the "new", "lighter" and "better" packs had gotten my attention, but the $400-$600 was a tough pill to swallow. After further consideration, I decided there was absolutely nothing wrong with my 2800, and it still fit my needs going forward.

Two weeks ago, I sent it back to Badlands for what I thought were a couple of minor sewing repairs and paid the approximate $40 for shipping cost.

I was surprised and shocked when I received a call from a representative of Badlands on Thursday evening saying they would replace my pack with a brand new "2200" or "Clutch" pack. On one hand, I was disappointed I was losing my pack. However, I am elated in getting a new, high quality pack.

I chose the "Clutch" pack which retails for about $300+.

Though I wouldn't recommend buying a pack or anything else based solely on a company's warranty, it is certainly a great perk when you are able to benefit from a warranty especially when you least expect it.

Take care. Mike

13-May-17
I had much the same experience. Bought a discontinued model on Camofire but had issues with the fit and comfort. I called them to talk about it and ended up being offered my choice of replacement packs (both of which cost more than the retail price of the one I bought - discounted).

Partly because of that experience I now own four different Badlands packs of different sizes.

13-May-17
Customer service is the one thing that sets companies apart in my mind. It's a dying art with everything being bought online and not talking to someone direct anymore.

13-May-17
I have three of Badlands packs. Fantastic company!

13-May-17
I'd consider badlands one of the bigger pack companies, its nice to hear it hasn't blown their ego out of proportion like some other companies in the hunting industry. Customer loyalty has gotten rare over the decades.

13-May-17
I have hunted with the Monster Fanny pack for 20+ years. I did buy a new one at some point but the original is still going strong and has been passed down to my 10 year old.

13-May-17
I bought the super day last year and have been happy with it so far .

13-May-17
Mike - Almost the same exact thing happened to me about 2/3 months ago. Mine was an 8-year-old Badlands SuperDay Pack. I sent it in for zipper repair and they called and asked if I wanted a brand new SuperDay Pack.....I said "yes." Made my day, and I'll have to take a long look at their complete line next time I'm ready for another pack.

13-May-17
i had one warranty claim with them on a 4500 and they did exactly what their warranty says and fast. great warranty.

13-May-17
Wow, I sent in my 2800 pack this past week for zipper repairs. I hope they do not make me the same offer, because I really like my 2800 pack and don't want another model. Its everything I need and fits me well. I also have a NANO fanny pack I like a lot.

13-May-17
I'll pile on - had a buckle break on my 10 year old 2200 and they replaced it quick

13-May-17
Badlands is top notch customer service. Had a similar story to others on here, but the most of the damage to the pack was my fault. (Think too close to fire while drying out) Had a busted zipper as well. I only expected them to fix the zipper. Next thing I know I got a brand new, still in the bag, 2200. They are a standard which other companies would be wise to follow regarding customer service.

13-May-17
Best service going. Period.

13-May-17
Their zippers on their clothes really really suck. As well as that great stupid idea of making a fanny pack with a magnet holding it closed. I guess i should have knowm better than to trust putting anything in that part i wanted to keep and not loose. Anyone want to buy a fanny pack cheap in like new condition.

13-May-17
Never had any issues with zippers or anything else from Badlands. Their customer service sets the bar as far as I'm concerned.

13-May-17
I bought a badlands pack last year based solely on fit and reputation of the company. Sweetest pack I have ever owned. Well worth the top dollar in my opinion. I'm glad to hear they stand behind their product too.

14-May-17
Great to know, thanks for sharing guys! I haven't had any issue my Badlands pack, but is nice to know the company stands behind their product.

I also have a Nimrod pack I love and they also have excellent customer service!.

God Bless!

Scar,

14-May-17
Ive had my SuperDay for 5 years. No zipper problems or any problems. I do think the pack itself is on the heavy side tho.

14-May-17
I prefer other packs in the larger sizes, but my 10+ year old Superday may be my favorite pack. I would be scared to send it in now though - because I wouldn't want a replacement.

14-May-17
Have had my SuperDay for 5 or 6 years, had a few of the zipper pulls fail. Went on line to their warranty claim, ordered complete set. Were to my house in days, now have spares. Love the pack.

14-May-17
I've had one of their 2200 for 8-10 years and put that thing through hell. Sent it back for a zipper repair last year and the pack came back with multiple other fixes that I didn't even mention...Love that pack for day trips.

17-May-17
Had a terraglide get busted up some by airlines. Was passing thru SLC to go to Idaho for a moose hunt and stopped at their office to ask them to fix it. They didn't hesitate and gave me new bag. Have had issues with super day pack with zippers. Fixed with no charge.

17-May-17
I've been trying to get a part for my tenzing pack for a year, still nothing, not impressed! The main waist buckle on my tenzing 1250 broke so its not even usable, I like the pack but would'nt buy it again

17-May-17
Love to hear this stuff. Not necessarily a fan of their packs, but glad to hear customer service is not dead in some places.

17-May-17
I have a 2800... great pack and has served me well. I have been less impressed with some of their other products. I can't recall the model but a smaller Badlands pack I had came with elastic shoulder straps, friggin elastic??? WTH? Things bounced like DD's out for a jog.

I think in markets as competitive as packs, if you want to retain loyal customers, you most certainly will need to have a warranty and CS that is top notch. Luckily for us consumers it seems this is becoming more of the norm in many areas than the exception.

ALPS is another great example. I had a small tear beginning on my Traverse X. Simply sent a pic via email. Nearly immediate response with an apology and requested my shipping info. 3 days later there was a new pack at my door.

Packs, optics, even clothing companies seem to be learning that KEEPING customers is just as valuable as gaining customers. Its a very competitive market out their fighting for our $$$$$

17-May-17

Glunt@work's Link
carcus - not excusing the wait on your buckle but I think that pack uses a standard buckle you can usually find at a sewing store or many sporting goods store, REI, etc. Link is to one that may be correct the shipping is more than the buckle.

18-May-17
I was thinking of looking around for a new pack that will hold a bow and gun. I read above folks mentioned 7 or 8 zipper failures. Is that the weak link to Badlands packs? What is causing the failures....the zipper quality, corrosion, wearing out??

18-May-17
JL -

I brought this up to the service rep that helped me, he said they're well aware of the zipper issue, and nicely told me that more often that not, it's because the zipper(s) are dirty and cause failure.

I have another theory, but it's just that, my theory. My BL SuperDay pack seems to be designed in a way that puts unnecessary torque on the tab, resulting in the tab breaking - not the zipper itself.

In any case, they seem to be well aware of the zipper issue and appear to be trying to make up for it with outstanding customer service.

18-May-17
Wild1, thanks for the input. If they know about the zipper issue it seems it would make sense to fix it and reduce the refunds and service returns.

• Sitka Gear