Bowman's embedded Photo
Warped laminate
Bowman's embedded Photo
Warped laminate
Bowman's embedded Photo
Minuteman
Bowman's embedded Photo
Minuteman
Hi, I've recently acquired this Bear Archery Minuteman recurve bow. I took it in to a bow shop to get it stringed when the Bow expert there pointed out the laminate on one of the Limbs was warped (Sorry don't know much bow lingo). He said that stringing the bow would be a bad idea because of the weakened, warped limb. I checked ebay and couldn't find anything of the sort for this type of bow's limbs. I was wondering if I could have some help to maybe find the right limb/s for the bow. It was my grandfather's bow so I would like to keep the vintage look whilst having usability.

18-May-17
Hi Jacob, In my opinion I don't think that limb is delaminating. Have you actually pulled the limbs out of the slots? That warped piece looks like some thin type of shim stock that is there to possibly keep the limbs from coming out when bow is unstrung. If you look at the black glass it appears to fun full length on the limb & I don't remember those bows having extra layers of material like that. Also, if you're inexperienced wirh recurves just be sure to always use a bowstringer when you put the string on. Those old Bears were pretty good shooting bows & would make a great bowfishing bow. You're welcome to PM me if you need more help or advice. Good luck with it! Rick

18-May-17
X2 what muzzlebow said.try pulling the limb out.if need be,post this on leather wall.

18-May-17
I own one of theses bows. Mine has white glass limbs but is the same other than that. The piece you show delaminating is coming off the limb glass, The limb is held in place with the metal tang on the riser. I wish I could offer advise to help. If I were to guess I would say perhaps you could reattach that piece back to the limb and enjoy the bow. I use mine for bowfishing and I love it.

19-May-17
I have one just like it

• Sitka Gear