wilbur 16-Jun-17
Barrera 16-Jun-17
arctichill 17-Jun-17
LINK 17-Jun-17
Bombero 21-Jun-17
Tilzbow 22-Jun-17
Tjw 23-Jun-17
16-Jun-17
I will be there helping a friend, and i would like very much not to drag my trailer that far. Thanks with any help...

16-Jun-17
Couple hotels near reserve and apache creek. A few more in glenwood. All on the west side. Google will find em for you. Have not stayed on them myself.

16-Jun-17
You will be missing out if you don't tent it and experience the bugling at night. No way I'd drive from Reserve every day unless I was hunting the very west side of the unit.

16-Jun-17
I agree, plus the rooms go up in Reserve in the fall, as does almost everything else!!

16-Jun-17
Unless you are hunting very, very close to Reserve, I would camp farther inside the unit. The drive in and out of 16A from Reserve is long, dusty and filled with potholes. No way I'd want to be going back and forth on that road every day. I also would hate to miss the experience of hearing the bugles all night long, as NoWiser pointed out...

Good luck!

16-Jun-17

wilbur's Link
N Bar Ranch is located in 16A

Not sure if it works for you but I'd certainly check it out.

16-Jun-17
Lots of elk not far from reserve just to the SE in 16a. Prob 15 min drive then hike east. Check the maps and lack of roads in the area.

17-Jun-17
I guess we should define "lodging"? A sleeping bag and a tarp meets my definition.

17-Jun-17
^^^^^ and camping at the truck is a luxury.

21-Jun-17
I second the N-BAR ranch

22-Jun-17
I stayed at the N-Bar and will also recommend it.

23-Jun-17
Thanks for n- bar info . But they have been booked for a while.

• Sitka Gear