Bowriter 18-Jun-17
DJnKS 18-Jun-17
TrapperKayak 19-Jun-17
fubar racin 19-Jun-17
Bowriter 21-Jun-17
Pigsticker 21-Jun-17
Skip72 22-Jun-17
16-Jun-17
As some know, I have fought back pain for many years, have fractures at C-2-3-4 and L-4-5-6 and some serious degen. arth. Now. Fished yesterday for several hours starting about 2-AM. Back was killing me. Went to a new massage therapist. Explained to her about my problems. She listened and then went to work. Like to killed me. An hour later, I felt better than I have in years and still do, today, even after just mowing the yard for over an hour. I have no idea what she did, but I am going to try and adopt her. Deep tissue massage is painful and you must drink plenty of water following. This hurt like all getout when she was doing it. It was about all I could stand, (and I am tough), but man was it worth it.

16-Jun-17
She relaxed and loosened the muscles, takes the pressure off the spine. Muscles tighten to protect and stabilize but it causes pain.

17-Jun-17
Several years ago my chiropractor told me to take a really (to the point of almost scalding) hot shower every time I finish doing anything strenuous, and to almost drain the hot water heater.

Unreal how much this has helped my back, neck, shoulders, arms, even legs after a hard workout.

Pretty much what Bob H said, totally relaxes the muscles.

All I know is, it works wonders for me.

Yesterday I rotor tilled sod with a front tine tiller, for 5 hours straight, only stopping long enough to fill the gas tank and get a drink. My back and arms hurt so bad I could hardly bend over or lift anything - super hot shower took all the hurt away. Oh, and 4 Ibuprofen as well to help with the swelling.

17-Jun-17
Inshart-That is the way I start every day. I do drain the hot water heater. Everybody that knows me, knows, don't turn any water on from 4-4:20 every morning. And, I may take as many as three hot showers a day, especially during hnting season.

17-Jun-17
Good to hear you're feeling better. When I go to the local chiropractor he normally has me come back at least two more times. He says it needs time to let the muscles get back to how they were.

18-Jun-17
I am forbidden to go to chiropractor. My back doc says it could be dangerous. And, I understand why. However sometimes, I do believe it might help. My problem is, I have real problems at the cervical and lumbar levels. Not so much with adjustment or alignment but in old injuries that must be dealt with, quite carefully.

18-Jun-17
Let me start out by saying that I'm no doctor, therapist, or in a medical field of any kind. Just a guy who has had back problems for over 40 years. I've been to my share of chiropractors and massage therapists in my day, but have never had to have any surgeries. The one thing that I have found that relieves my back pain faster and better than anything else is an inversion table. May not help everyone, but it really works for me. Please consult your doctor before trying one out.

19-Jun-17
Hot tubs...work for sore muscles. After a full day of skiing, that is my best cure for soreness and stiffness. Good to go again the next day.

19-Jun-17
The inversion table and tens unit has done wonders for me, my sister is a massage therapist she calls it miofichal release or something like that but it helps when nothing else will.

21-Jun-17
I have seriously been considering that inversion table but have concerns about a negative impact on my hip.

21-Jun-17
I have a massage therapist who I recommended to my son when he hurt his back at work. When he came back he said that she was a magician.

22-Jun-17
Bowrighter, I can no longer use my inversion table because of progressive degeneration of the hip joint. Hip is now more painful than my back, but to pull on my hip is excruciating. I have been trying to figure out a way to put the traction on my pelvic rim (aka illiac crest) above the hip joint instead of my ankles, like my physical therapist did on a horizontal table that closely resembled a powered medieval rack.

• Sitka Gear