Ace 22-Jun-17
Zim1 22-Jun-17
Mainer 22-Jun-17
Julius K 23-Jun-17
FlatLndr 23-Jun-17
Charlie Rehor 23-Jun-17
Mainer 23-Jun-17
18-Jun-17
Hey Everyone! So I drew my Maine Moose tag for Zone 4 in September. Was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for an Outfitter?

18-Jun-17
Grats. Nice tag.

18-Jun-17
I am sure they will be contacting you!!

19-Jun-17
They will all be contacting you. Ross lake camps is good, they have camps and are located in a great area, awesomenpeople. epic adventures is great, they run tent camps.

19-Jun-17
Congrats on your tag. I drew a tag last year (zone 7) and used Matt Tinker from Green Farm Guide Service. I can't say enough good things about him. He's definitely a hard working guide.

19-Jun-17
Matt usually works for ross lake camps In September

19-Jun-17

19-Jun-17
Mid Maine outfitters.. Troy will take care of you. Congratulations on getting a tag!

20-Jun-17
Do it yourself. But if you want a guide Ross Lake

22-Jun-17

Ace's Link
Quite a few Guides in WMD 4 (see link).

22-Jun-17
Mainer, What's your take on the outfitter welfare bill?

22-Jun-17
I think outfitter welfare SUCKS!! Be it Maine or New Mexico. I didn't like the multiple chances residents could buy (Now gone) and think it should be gone for nonresidents as well. I'm not sure about this year but I will say even with the multiple chances NR can buy the last year statistics I saw showed increase success based on how long you applied so buying the multi packs guaranteed nothing.

My biggest issue is with a sub permittee system. It should be gone. Everyone takes advantage of it by putting every relative or friend in who never hunt and then list themselves as the subpermittee.

It took me 36 years to draw. Longer than what the odds are for a resident. In general it should take a NR about 80 years. But I have also been on the lucky side of results including a Montana sheep tag in only three years. Maine, like all states it seems manage for money.

23-Jun-17
Perry, I agree, the sub permittee system is terrible. I know a couple of guys who have taken 4-5 that way. But, you know there would be so much out cry if they took it away.

23-Jun-17
Thanks everyone Making phone calls and getting stoked

23-Jun-17
Curious, what does an Outfitter charge for a Maine Moose hunt? I checked the link above and there are over 40 Outfitters. Must be very competitive!

23-Jun-17
$3-5K. Like everything in life you can spend less or more.

• Sitka Gear