g5smoke21 20-Jun-17
ohiohunter 21-Jun-17
IdyllwildArcher 21-Jun-17
Twanger 21-Jun-17
DL 22-Jun-17
ohiohunter 22-Jun-17
nchunter 22-Jun-17
19-Jun-17
Got a pair of cabelas green kangaroo boots wanting to start wearing on short hikes to break in.won't wear them on blacktop or cement.want to wear them this deer season.wore the green kangaroo ted Williams sears boots Years ago.got COPD and its not going to beat me.any break in suggestions,thanks,dan

20-Jun-17
Lace them tight and get 'er done brother Dan. It's what I do. God Bless

20-Jun-17
I would break them In on an incline under a load as well as flat surfaces...i thought my kenetreks we good until I added weight to my pack and went to a 30% incline...its different...i don't know how bad your COPD is but maybe just take it slow

21-Jun-17
Kenetrek says to wear on flat ground for 40mi. They are notorious for chewing up heals, some people's feet like'm, most don't.

It would be wise to get them somewhat formed to your feet before an incline with a load, if the heal cup starts slipping you won't like it. I don't want to say you'll take them to the point of no return, but that's what happened to me.

21-Jun-17
I've always worn my new boots to work/around the house initially, besides short walks/hikes. It gets them broken in well and no risk of blisters as you can just take them off and put on tennis shoes. After 100 miles, take them on a hike. It's not worth it to go on a real hike with boots that are going to make you hurt.

21-Jun-17
I certainly agree with wearing them around the house for a few days and then starting on short level hikes. Any up or down hill before the boots are broke in can cause blisters. Only after they feel very comfortable on level grounds for miles would I start with inclines. I think that the boots you have should break in quickly so do not feel like you have to follow any set time requirements. My Kenetreks took a while being very stiff boots but they are my best boots for sheep and goat hunting. My Meindl Prefekt Hunters broke in much quicker.

22-Jun-17
How many miles before you rotate them?

22-Jun-17
Depends on the condition of the sidewalls.

22-Jun-17
About 15 years ago I got a pair of the Cabelas 200 gram insulated kangaroo boots. There was zero break in needed. They were the lightest softest wearing boot I had ever worn. Somehow when I walk I wear off the left heel. At the time the heel material was pretty soft and my boots had a short life. If I was rich I would have a pair delivered every year cause I have never had comfort like that in a boot. Good luck

• Sitka Gear