Hawkeye 23-Jun-17
lewis 23-Jun-17
Butcher 24-Jun-17
publichunter1 26-Jun-17
Buffalo1 26-Jun-17
Bmhuntin 27-Jun-17
publichunter1 27-Jun-17
21-Jun-17
Hey guys, I've read topics off this forum for a long time but for some reason never joined up. I've been a member of the hunttalk and monster mulley forums for a long time. I'm from MS and have been public land hunting all of my life. I started bow hunting at the end of high school and have been hooked ever since. I still break out a gun every now and then but only when the occasion or tag calls for it. I mainly whitetail and hog hunt in MS but was able to hunt in the west for the first time this past year in CO. I will be back out that way for elk in September. Just wanted to say hello and good luck to all this fall.

21-Jun-17
Goodluck!

21-Jun-17
Hello and welcome! A finer group of people you will not find anywhere on the interwebs. Good luck to you this fall, please share your tales and photos!

21-Jun-17
Hey, Nathan... welcome! I'm Rick from Kansas.

21-Jun-17
"was able to hunt in the west for the first time this past year in CO"

Now you've gone and done it! LOL!

Welcome aboard!

21-Jun-17
Welcome. I do a fair amount of hunting just across the river from you!

21-Jun-17
Good luck. I hunt both in Mississippi and Louisiana.

21-Jun-17
Welcome you are in for a treat and access to some great info.I spent 5 yrs.in the 60s attending Delta State and my fathers family is from Crystal Springs.Good luck Lewis

21-Jun-17
Thanks guys for the welcome. Nice to know there are some other local people on here. I am originally from north MS but am now around Vicksburg.

21-Jun-17
Welcome Sir ! My Mom was from MS, but I didn't hold it against her. :-)

21-Jun-17
I heard of an optometrist down that way that was a pretty fair big buck whitetail killer with a quirky sense of humor.

Welcome!

21-Jun-17
Welcome. I am from La, but hunt La and MS.

21-Jun-17
Welcome aboard a lot of good info here with nary a disagreement!

21-Jun-17
Welcome.

Where about in" N. MS" and where is "around Vicksburg"?

21-Jun-17
Welcome!

21-Jun-17
Hay and good luck man!!! Good guys here. Really good stories tooo. Read the elk storie thing down the line a bit Orion brought it to the top. I've been reading them while sick. Keeps me awake that's for sure. If I can find it again I'll bring it to the top to.

21-Jun-17
I'm from Louisiana and living in crystal springs Mississippi now. My deer camp is in Natchez . Would love to swap stories with you . I met some of my better friends from this site ( bigpizzaman, iceman ) good luck this season!

21-Jun-17
Cajunarcher I would love to get up with. I do most of my hunting on the public land up in the delta but have been on Natchez State Park before. I also know a few people in Crystal Springs as well.

21-Jun-17
publichunter1

Welcome. Where about in" N. MS" are you originally and where is "around Vicksburg" do you live now?

21-Jun-17
Publichunter1 - Welcome! Glad to have you! Looking forward to great things from you!

This is kind of like a big family over here. Some you really enjoy and some that are just a real PITA!

Great place to learn and grow as a bowhunter...

21-Jun-17
Buffalo1. Hickory Flat in north MS and Flowers near Vicksburg. What about you?

21-Jun-17
Very familiar with Hickory Flat in Benton Co. Also very familiar with Flowers.

My feet hit the ground and grew in Vicksburg, so I am very familiar with Vicksburg and Warren County. You are hunting in some of the best part of the state.

Bowsite includes some of the best bowhunters there are. This site is educational, informative and entertaining. Welcome

22-Jun-17
Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Didn't expect to find so many people from my neck of the woods.

Buffalo1 it is definitely some of the better public ground I've ever hunted however there is definitely no lack of pressure on it. When I get back to MS this fall we might have to get together and go on a hunt. Cajunarcher could come along too.

Thanks again to all for the welcome.

22-Jun-17
Welcome aboard, good luck on your hunting this year.

22-Jun-17
Welcome!

22-Jun-17
Welcome aboard! This is a great site and guys on here have tons of knowledge!

Mark from AZ (AKA- Scar.

22-Jun-17
Welcome to the group! Enjoy the conversation. I have a lot of family in MS. Amory & Iuka area.

22-Jun-17
Bushman, my granddad was a preacher in Amory for around 12 years and spent all my summers growing up on Pickwick so a lot of time in Iuka.

22-Jun-17
Welcome, tons of knowledge here. Good luck on your hunts.

22-Jun-17
Somebody is gonna be kin before this thread ends- I can just feel it !!

It's a Southern Thang !

22-Jun-17
I was just in Crystal Springs last week. Went to Wilson's for some breakfast sausage and some bacon, just can't beat that place.

22-Jun-17
Haha. Before I got married I definitely always asked who my date was kin to.

22-Jun-17
Welcome aboard. Your in trouble now!

BS has some BS but if you weed through there is a ton of info and connections.

22-Jun-17
Shane

Wilson's has always had a good meat processing reputation- both domestic and wild game.

23-Jun-17
Buffalo1, I have been going there for years. They always have good meat. I like that bacon with the rind on it. Smells like crackling when you cook it.

I have been buying their uncut slabs of bacon and grinding it with my deer meat for bacon burger. Taste great.

23-Jun-17
Welcome!

23-Jun-17
Just hearing Wilsons brings back great memories Jack and my father were very close friends.I'm talking 40 years ago or more. Lewis

24-Jun-17
Welcome. I live in olive branch but still hunt in hickory flat and around new albany. Good to see more from ms

26-Jun-17
Butcher, that was my hunting grounds growing up. Holly Springs NF and Upper Sardis. Hard hunting but still some decent ones in there. I still come up a couple times a year and hunt with the family.

As you said its nice to see some MS guys on here.

26-Jun-17
Holly Springs NF and Upper Sardis were my hunting grounds and fishing holes when in school. Some great memories there for sure.

27-Jun-17
Howdy Neighbor.... You are supposed to be studying so we can get y'all back here in time for gator season. Gator season just wasn't the same without Lil Nate in the boat.

27-Jun-17
Haha. Should have known you would have been on here Mr. Martin. I'm studying the wilds of CO right now. Ha. Can't wait to get back on a couple gators this year.

• Sitka Gear