yooper89 24-Jun-17
Charlie Rehor 24-Jun-17
Bou'bound 24-Jun-17
crestedbutte 24-Jun-17
hillbender 24-Jun-17
PECO 24-Jun-17
standswittaknife 24-Jun-17
23-Jun-17
I've tried doing a little Google research but maybe I'm not Google-savvy enough. Are there any hunting/outdoor companies based out of Colorado? I'm 27 years old and have been grinding my face off the last 3 years (very familiar with 90-100hr work weeks, no exaggeration). I want to do something I am passionate about, or at least give it a try. Hunting and the outdoor world is everything to me. I know there are REIs, bow shops, etc., but wondering if anybody knows of anything else out there?

24-Jun-17
Meant to post in Colorado forum, sorry folks!

24-Jun-17
Kifaru is in the Denver area I believe.

24-Jun-17
Yeah, Kifaru, Seek Outside for sure. Bearpaw might be here too, not sure Crescent Moon Snowshoes is in boulder, doubt they are hunter friendly though.

24-Jun-17
Off the top of my head I think, Kifaru, Big Agnes, Voormi, Smartwool, Never Summer, Spyderco, Honey Stinger, Aspen Skiing, Kelty, La Sportiva, Sea to Summit, Sierra Designs, Tenkara, and Ultimate Adventures.

24-Jun-17
Sell yourself to a company as an entry level rep. Grind away for a few more years and build experience and a "Rolodex" of customers and contacts. Then you can move from company to company and will be recruited instead of looking for a job. You'll have a career with great income, career security, go on rep hunts all over the place.

But the secrets is in your ability to walk in and sell yourself. If you can do that, they'll give you a shot to sell their products.

Doesn't have to be a CO based company. I preferred working remotely for non-CO based companies, as do my friends who are still doing it. Attend some of the big national outdoor trade shows, meet with the sales managers, and tell them how you'll bring value to their team.

24-Jun-17
Thanks for the input fellas!

Jaq, I appreciate the advice. I'm headed to Seattle for a week for work tomorrow, but when I get back I'm going to get on the grind and start the search!

24-Jun-17
Don't give up your day job!

24-Jun-17
Just get the best job you can. Use he proceeds to enable your avocation.

24-Jun-17
Prois Hunting Aparel for Women ( Gunnison, CO). Being surrounded, selling and hunting with beautiful women on a daily basis could be fun!

24-Jun-17
Uhhh -What about Parks and Wildlife, BLM, National park service, USFS you have alot of country out there being managed by a menage of agencies. Not every job requires a degree. Timber crews, fire fighting crews area management and tractor work etc etc...

24-Jun-17
If you like winter and the back country, BCA is a company in Boulder that makes avalanche gear.

24-Jun-17
Western recreational industries located in Poncha Springs Colorado is the largest archery distribution company west of the Mississippi. Fletched many a arrows for Brad and Stan during high school and college.

• Sitka Gear