bigguy 26-Jun-17
Tjw 26-Jun-17
Charlie Rehor 26-Jun-17
buzz mc 26-Jun-17
buzz mc 26-Jun-17
Zbone 27-Jun-17
Bob H in NH 27-Jun-17
24-Jun-17
I just tried bone view. It had me down load app the sucked. Any thing idiot proof would be a plus.. thanks

24-Jun-17
Maybe not the same but I use the SD cards with micro card insert, same micro used in cell phones... The SD card outer casing is actually an adapter for the micro but can be used the same as any SD card in devices such as trail cams and computers...

24-Jun-17
I picked up a card reader at Best Buy. It works great with my iPad, but iPhone says it's not supported.

24-Jun-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Apple makes this for iPhones.
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Apple makes this for iPhones.
Apple makes this for the iPhone. Got it on amazon for $25. Slip the SD card in your iPhone right in the field, save pics you want to "Photo's" and delete the card. All I need! C

24-Jun-17
I have one like Charlie's and one for the iPad. I usually make it quick when servicing cameras though. Swap sd cards and get out. I look at the pics at home.

24-Jun-17
Charlie,with that reader can you look at the pics full size before deciding to save them ? I have a different reader for my iPad (an old one) and I have to save any pics that I want to look at full size. Problem is, I need to see them full size before knowing if I want to save them. ;-). Thanks

24-Jun-17
I also use the same one Charlie has, I carry my iPad around with me or iPhone to check all my cards during the bear season and it works awesome.

24-Jun-17
Tjw +1

I also had the Boneview, hated it.

24-Jun-17
I got one off of EBay for something like $3 or $4 bucks.

24-Jun-17
That's the adapter that I have and you can scroll pictures before you save them. Don't know if there's different models, but mine won't work on a 5S.

24-Jun-17
Whatever size phone you have the pics gather as a folder and then can be viewed full screen. You view all the pics then click to save or delete. I agree with others that it's not easy if you have 100's of pics or want to get in or out fast but I use cameras very rarely and usually not long in any one place so it's a nice option.

24-Jun-17
I "think" when I check the SD card on the cell phone, it uses a different program to open the SD card. If my memory is correct, I'm not sure you can put the SD card back in the cam (Moultrie) with out reformatting it first.

25-Jun-17
I had to download quickpic app on my android phone before I could few pictures full size and delete the one I didn't want.

25-Jun-17
I have the same one as Charlie. During the off season, I swap out cards once or twice a month and view them on my computer. During the season, I grab the card on my way to the stand and look at the pics for entertainment during the sit, which is almost always all day. Time is not a factor when you have all day anyway.

25-Jun-17
I tried an adapter on my android and it said my phone does'nt have OTG (on the go). So I have to take my cards home and use the puter.

26-Jun-17
Stealth Cam makes one for Iphone and one that works for androids as well.

26-Jun-17
I have a universal SD card adapater that has a USB port, it takes 5 different camera cards of different sizes. Then got a cable for my galaxy S% that is USB on one end and plugs into the phone. Total cost about $12.

26-Jun-17
I ordered one for IOS off of Camofire. Have not received it yet so I cannot report. (HME was mfg if memory serves)

26-Jun-17
JL you should be reformatting the SD card every time you put it in a camera. Go through and save the pics you want and when you put it back into any camera you should reformat

26-Jun-17
LB - correct. What some folks might think is they can pull the SD card, check the pics on their phone or some other viewing device, then stick the SD card back in the trail cam and keep camming. My laptop reformatting is compatible with my Moultrie cams so I do not have to use the cam to reformat the card. You also have to make sure if you open the SD card on your phone, your PC will open it later on. My Verizon phone will change the format of the files (vids) so I will not use it to look at my vids in the field.

26-Jun-17
the one I have handles different brand of cams differently. one process with my Moultrie cam and another process with the Stealth cam. pita.

26-Jun-17
I bought my card reader on sale at Cabelas for $12.00. Just plug it into my Samsung S7 and look at photos. Works very well.

26-Jun-17
what brand.? Big guy

26-Jun-17
If you own an iPhone I would reccomend you buy the one iPhone makes for their brand. But that's just me.

26-Jun-17
Stealthcam. $7.99 at Academy. Plugs into an Android with OTG capabilities (on the go). Works great for Instagram and real cameras also.

26-Jun-17

buzz mc's embedded Photo
buzz mc's embedded Photo

27-Jun-17
Have a stupid question, as cheap as SD cards are now days under 20 bucks (pun intended...8^)) , for a 16gig, hows come you guys just don't use 2 cards per trail-cam... One inserted, and one in your pocket to replace when you check it that way can be viewed in full screen on your computer rather than small cell phone screens... Stuff can be missed and mistakenly deleted when viewing on a small screen... You're gonna have to pull card anyhow if you want to copy certain pix or video... Or if you're going to send via your cell phone to email or other devices from the field, that's a lot of hassle, especially in inclement weather when it can be done from the comfort of your home from your computer...

27-Jun-17
Zbone, that's what I do, two cards for each camera. But when I pull/swap them on my way to the stand I like to look at them in the stand, and when I have my wife, well, she has zero patience to wait til we get home, she wants to see the pictures :-)

• Sitka Gear