mikesohm/magnus 19-Aug-17
'Ike' (Phone) 24-Feb-18
'Ike' (Phone) 24-Feb-18
Franklin 25-Feb-18
DanWesson357 25-Feb-18
Genesis 25-Feb-18
BOWNUT 25-Feb-18
03-Aug-17
Tried the three 100 grain Black Hornets I have out of my compound. I was amazed at how accurate the are. They are definitely going to get a chance at bat in South Africa. My other go to Bh's are 125gr and 150 gr VPAs. They are flying good too but not quite as consistently as the Magnus. Could be a spine issue. I think they will do the trick.

04-Aug-17
When is the anticipated date of use for this BH? What animals?

07-Aug-17
19-30 August. Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra, Impala, Warthog, and maybe wildebeest and Waterbuck

07-Aug-17
Hope they provide good results. Good luck and looking forward to your post.

07-Aug-17
My wife now shoots those heads (100 grain Hornets)........great flying head!

08-Aug-17
Good luck

14-Aug-17
4 days left!

16-Aug-17

mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
We dial in every single broadhead we make on a dial indicator so the tip runout or spinning is within .003 thousands of a inch. Thank you for using our broadheads and if you are successful no matter what animal you take with them, please email us a picture with your name and address and we will send you a cap and a decal. also if you ever damage one email us a picture of the damaged broadhead with your name and address and we will replace, If you have any questions we can help you with, you can email me, [email protected] The picture attached is a picture sent in by a successful bowhunter using the black hornets. thanks

16-Aug-17
I think your heads are great Mike, but I think you know the average bowsiter is smarter than thinking they'll get holes that size from one of your fixed heads :) Unless they too shoot at a severe quartering angle.

17-Aug-17
Stinger 125's are my go to and will never switch.

17-Aug-17
Last year's Black Hornet Ser Razors, unsharpened, are blowing through my McKenzie layered foam target. On the skinny side giving the most thickness. Granted it is not brand new but it is not that old and probably has less than 200 shots into it. This is at 30 yards. Gonna have to switch back to field points to keep practicing. The Black Hornets hit dead on with my field points. Great products Mike!

18-Aug-17

APAULS thanks for your post, no disrespect, but the picture I posted was sent in by a successful bowhunter, the shot was not a severe quartering shot it was quartering but a slight quartering which is a big majority of shots in bowhunting. Regardless we take the photos has bowhunters send to us. Here is another one with the black hornet and this is not a quartering shot this is a broadside shot.

18-Aug-17
Has anyone used these heads with trad equipment?

18-Aug-17
Mike as I said, I'm a fan of the heads, and I like the pic! It's just not possible for a 1 5/16" head to make a 2.5" hole unless there is angle involved.

Regardless, you make quality heads, you've got a great reputation, the best warranty and they are very accurate long range shooting heads!

18-Aug-17
Ken, a guy in camp this past week used them with his long bow, and they worked great. He used the stinger buzzcut and raved about them.

19-Aug-17
I like the Snuffers for the ease of sharpening. Had good luck with the Buzzcuts too. Have not used the Magnus warranty but I like knowing it is there. Great products.

19-Aug-17

Apauls-no disrespect sir but I am not arguing with you or disagreeing with you, I am just showing pics successful bowhunters have sent us and saying what they tell us in regards to angle of shot etc.

Ken-All of our broadheads including the black hornet and black hornet ser razor(which I highly recommend) can be used out of any compound, crossbow, recurve or longbow. However I donot recommend the 4 blade models to be used out of any recurve or longbow shooting less than 45 lbs. The 2 blade model black hornet and 2 blade model black hornet ser razor can be used out of traditional equipment shooting 35 lbs and up. Here is a photo a bowhunter sent us using the black hornet ser razor. Thank you

19-Aug-17
Big slick trick fan, Tried the black hornets they made a beleaver out of me shot the same as slick tricks and better at long range. Like the cut on contact. Will be using them this year.

19-Aug-17

Sorry all I posted a duplicate picture. Here is the picture I meant to post. Black Hornet Ser razor 4 blade.

24-Feb-18
Got some Ser-Razor’s coming! Can’t wait to try ‘em...

24-Feb-18
Double tap!

25-Feb-18
I also decided to switch to this head for this coming season....the accuracy and durability is very impressive.

25-Feb-18
Got a black bear in Canada with a Magnus Stinger and Usone on a Doe this past year in PA. Doe seemed like she didn't know what hit her until she collapsed aboy 10 ft. from where she was shot. EXCELLENT Broadheads.

25-Feb-18
1 5/16" US = 2 1/2" CDN So it's all good.

25-Feb-18
My last two deer were shot with Black Hornets both were bad hits and recovered both deer. I give that broad head all the credit.

• Sitka Gear