LTG 11 15-Aug-17
Glunt@work 15-Aug-17
bowbender77 15-Aug-17
skull 15-Aug-17
hunt'n addict 15-Aug-17
oldgoat 15-Aug-17
t-roy 15-Aug-17
14-Aug-17
Which route you guys think it's better choice With less traffic I have never driven this area before

14-Aug-17

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

14-Aug-17

14-Aug-17

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
Or this one hour longer

14-Aug-17
I would go Interstate all the way (I80/I76/I25) but time it so you don't hit Denver at rush hour. I80 in Western Nebraska and I76 always seem to have pretty light traffic and you can cruise at 75mph. Your other route will be lower speed limit and more stops. It will probably have less traffic but the traffic it has is more likely to slow you down.

If you do hit Denver at rush hour though the traffic will definitely delay you.

14-Aug-17
Where are you going and where are you coming from? I drive from Vermont to southern Colorado twice a year. The secondary roads are pretty good and speed limit is 65/70.

14-Aug-17
Im coming from Sudbury Ontario Going to Walsenburg I'm leaving next Saturday I will be going through Denver on Sunday always travel Saturday and Sunday hopefully there is less traffic

14-Aug-17
We always take 80...but Nebraska can seem 2000 miles wide.

14-Aug-17
LOL, it is a long way across Nebraska because it's an east-west state but it's only about 5 hours driving time from Omaha to the Colorado border on I76. And generally light traffic once you get west of Lincoln.

14-Aug-17
Thanks for the help guys I'm trying to figure out which way is better I only have about 2800 kilometre to go one way

14-Aug-17
Rush hour in Denver is about 20 hours per day.

14-Aug-17
I drove a semi from NY to California for 30+ years with a lot of stops in Denver. Drove that route probably 500 times. I would go... I 90 to I 80 to I 76 to I 270 to I 70 to I 25 south to Walsenburg. "Back in the day" we would leave Buffalo about 5pm on Friday and unload in Denver Sunday afternoon...Now days if your driving under 85 mph across there you're holding traffic up.

15-Aug-17
If you want to have some fun and enjoy some scenery....take 70 into Limon....then shoot 71 down to Rocky Ford then take 10 to Walsenburg. You will see a lot of Pronghorn and you can drive as fast as you want....I drove from Rocky Ford doing 97 mph driving with my knees eating a sandwich....best roads I ever drove on. Nice prison in Limon too...lol

15-Aug-17
I would choose the 1st route, but I like to see the country. Be warned in Kansas, the best speed limit you will see on the route you have will be 65 mph, that route is all 2 lane blacktop roads. Plus there are a lot of towns that you will have to slow down to go through. But that is big country out there and you are liable to see all kinds of wildlife.

15-Aug-17
I'd go threw Kansas just so I could pick up a few jars/case of pickled quail eggs!! Even if you strike out in the woods they will make the trip seem worth it.

15-Aug-17
I70 through KS is all 75mph and most cheat some. The road SW out of Limon is worth the ride, two lane but still run 70mph.

15-Aug-17
I agree take 70 to Limon. Then take the backroads those guys are suggesting, or take 24 to Colorado Springs and 25 to Walsenburg.

15-Aug-17
I grew up in MN, moved to CO for four years in the 90's, drove that route a lot. The interstate will be the shortest time commitment. Especially if you go through Denver on a Sunday. Saturday NO, Sunday yes.

15-Aug-17
I'd take the 70/Limon route. But make sure you get gas, food, and pee when you cross i70.

There's not alot of options once you head west from there.

15-Aug-17
If you hit Denver during the day you can take the toll E470 around and it stays at 75 most of the time. They bill you automatically based on your license plate, no idea how they handle a Canadian plate, might not ever get a bill.

15-Aug-17
I have been thru the I25 corridor several times on my way to hunts and every time I tell myself never again. My advise would be to avoid Interstate 25 as much as possible. There are some back ups on that stretch of road that would make L.A blush! Only in the dead of night would I take that route.

15-Aug-17

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
How about this route

15-Aug-17
I am from Michigan and I have driven both. Personally I will stay with I80 through Nebraska to I76 to Denver and then I25 south.

15-Aug-17
I personally would avoid I25 from the Wyoming border to Pueblo Colorado and I live just about in the dead center of that strip of highway! Colorado highways are pretty good and if you like open country it's good scenery!

15-Aug-17
The scenic route on I 80 through Iowa will make up for having to take it through Nebraska;-)

• Sitka Gear