It is his Fav Ranch for bow elk

Cielo Vista.....

Good luck, Robb

16-Aug-17
I was wondering the same thing.

16-Aug-17
possibly him with some investors?

16-Aug-17
I dont think it was him. If it was I don't think he would keep quiet about buying it.

16-Aug-17
It's the Daily Mail [known as the Daily Fail here in Britain]...so take anything with a pitch of salt...as to who has bought the property? Well the new plot maps will surely make it known

16-Aug-17
Many, many years ago I hunted that ranch. It cost us $25/day to hunt. If I only knew then what I now know, I would have done a lot better. It's a beautiful place.

16-Aug-17
my 2nd or 3rd thought was 'how much is the property tax on that amount of land?'

16-Aug-17
Well my secret is out. Broke into my piggy bank and purchased that little place just so I could take Bowsiters elk hunting....................then I woke up :-(

16-Aug-17
I'm betting Ted Turner

16-Aug-17
I second that it's Turner. Fits his profile

16-Aug-17
You think maybe some animal rights group bought it? They certainly have the funds to do sound they wouldn't want thier name out there, where I'd think turner or promos would. The antis have loads of cash and buy up land to lock it up, so it will be interesting to see who actually bought it.

16-Aug-17
Will probably wouldn't spend his cash on that place if he had plenty. He definitely has a certain friend that could most definitely write the check if he decided he wanted to and I'm sure he has other contacts that could do the same. This is all just my opinion for what its worth.

16-Aug-17
Drycreek, were you stuck to the sheets?

16-Aug-17

backcountrymuzzy's Link
I've been following this fora while, and word on the street is that the buyer is a good dude.

Ranch broker Jeff Hubbard said in a press release, "The profile of the buyer is absolutely ideal. He is one who is a true conservationist and is deeply committed to preserving this national treasure and extraordinary resource. He truly appreciates and embraces the responsibility of ensuring this property remains a reflection of our state’s beautiful landscapes, diverse wildlife and heritage for decades to come.”

16-Aug-17
Thats a good price for what you get. Why didn't the State of Colorado buy it?

16-Aug-17
I hear that some locals have rights to the ranch. Ancestors of the original grants sued and have a Supream Court ruling to be able to enter the ranch at anytime. So the story goes, the ranch manager was shot dead years ago and there is very bad blood between locals and previous owners when it was the Taylor Ranch.

If I had the coin, not sure I would want to get mixed up with something like that.

16-Aug-17
Bingo Rob in VT.....

17-Aug-17
It is such a beautiful place.

Texas Trophy Hunters TV show hunts there a lot for elk .

Good luck, Robb

17-Aug-17
At $1200/acre, I'm guessing it's not the sort of land to be yielding first crop wheat at four tons per acre Beware antis buying up land...the League Against Cruel Sports was doing it here in Britain fifty years ago [the liberal sixties have a lot to answer for]

17-Aug-17
Its' just too bad that a lot of "locals" are allowed on the ranch. I have a friend who guides for them. The locals log, poach, and leave trash on the place year round.

17-Aug-17

Grasshopper's Link
If you had that kind of cash, your usually a really smart guy. But why would you buy private property that doesn't have private property rights? I think alot of them are being bought for appreciation. What sold for 60 million a while back is now fetching a 100

When I hunted a nearby place years ago, the foreman told me the locals have key to the gate. Been searching my genealogy now for years to try and find my lost great great grandfather Don Juan Martinez so I can lay claim to my gate key, but can't find any proof yet.

I think the walmart family bought it, look for Bentonville Arkansas to show up on the tax bill. They bought the Caribou ranch outside Boulder for 30 million and it was only 3,000 acres. Another possibility is Phil Anschutz. Pocket change for either of them.

18-Aug-17
Better hope it wasn't Turner.

18-Aug-17
I say Don Jr.

19-Aug-17
Hold on. If the locals have trespass rights, do those rights go with the deed? How can that be? If that was private property, owned by an individual, no state can grant rights to other individuals without owner permission. Something does not make sense in all this and I am not familiar with the property.

19-Aug-17
I'd highly doubt Don Jr but ya never know

Beautiful place!!

19-Aug-17
Read the book John, one of the most fascinating studies in real estate ever. Courts don't always make good decisions, but I guess that depends on if your the plaintiff or the defendant, and who the judge is.

https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Ranch-War-Property-Rights/dp/1420889796/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502988730&sr=8-1&keywords=taylor+ranch+wars

19-Aug-17
http://larrycalloway.com/taylor-ranch/ or for a quicker read......interesting.

19-Aug-17
The locals have trespass tights I bet because if they didn't they would anyway. At least if you give them access there is a chance they would treat the land differently. How would you prevent trespass anyways? it would be a full time job and you'd have to hire a small army to do it. Would rather buy a smaller piece of l and that I could control. As mentioned, whoever bought this did so to park money and hopefully make some in the future.

19-Aug-17
The locals have trespass tights I bet because if they didn't they would anyway. At least if you give them access there is a chance they would treat the land differently. How would you prevent trespass anyways? it would be a full time job and you'd have to hire a small army to do it. Would rather buy a smaller piece of l and that I could control. As mentioned, whoever bought this did so to park money and hopefully make some in the future.

19-Aug-17
trespassers are scum

19-Aug-17
Ralph Lauren?

20-Aug-17
At $100 million, I seriously doubt it.

20-Aug-17
All I know is if I paid 100mil for a piece of property I'd only want people on it that I knew. Crazy

20-Aug-17
All I know is if I paid 100mil for a piece of property I'd only want people on it that I knew. Crazy

20-Aug-17
There are a hell of a lot of people who could buy that ranch just to diversify investments a little bit and get good appreciation and tax benefits. $100M is pocket change. In ten years they could sell it for double that. The mini-van driving single mom in my neighborhood (Pat Stryker) is worth $3.5 billion. She could move $100M with a phone call before breakfast.

We're just glad the new buyer doesn't seem inclined to split it up and develop it.

20-Aug-17
Lou, how well do you know her? Hook a brother up.

20-Aug-17
Lou's right. There's five lawyers from Texas buying ranches and small pieces of property around Pagosa, the Boot Jack corp. They bought the ranch my family owns the mineral rights on, and it's been a fight with them. Soon it'll end up in courts... The ranches they've bought are unreal, along with a small resort with a great restaurant and 12 cabins they shut down...

20-Aug-17
Patel, she's attractive but a super-lefty. Donates millions to left wing causes and is a bundle for the DNC. Probably not a fan of hunting.....

20-Aug-17
Jaquomo the last woman I was with was 18 years younger, as left as they come and a vegan.... for 3.5 billion I'm positive I can make it work!!!!

20-Aug-17
Jaq,I was just talking $%^&, but yeah, that doesn't surprise me. I did get curious after you said she was attractive. I fired up the Google on the internet machine, and she actually is. Which surprised me. Not questioning your eye or judgement, i was just picturing nancy pelosi or hrc.

20-Aug-17
She was prettier 7-8 years ago. Then when I found out how hard core super-left she was, some of the shine came off.

22-Aug-17
Dang Lou, your living in Pats neighborhood? Nice!

• Sitka Gear