luckychucky 23-May-18
loprofile 23-May-18
Killbuck 23-May-18
LKH 23-May-18
Shawn 23-May-18
Woods Walker 24-May-18
TD 24-May-18
04-Oct-17
What lights are you guys using? I'm looking for a flashlight small enough for my daypack but as bright as possible

04-Oct-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
red light on the left is what I use. brand name, Energizer, very bright, uses 3 3A batteries, and has 3 light settings. can be hand held or as a head lamp.
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
red light on the left is what I use. brand name, Energizer, very bright, uses 3 3A batteries, and has 3 light settings. can be hand held or as a head lamp.
the red light on the left is great, small and is very bright, used 3--3A batteries. Has 1,2 and 3 setting of brightness.

04-Oct-17
Fenix PD 35

04-Oct-17
I use Energizer that has 3 led white light settings and one red light, which I use for entrance to stand . Less than $20.

04-Oct-17
Zebralight works well.

05-Oct-17
Headlights are nice, hands free. However, I picked up a couple of those tac light for 10 each and the flood on that light is awesome. I flip that on and have a huge circle of light and don't have to keep moving the light side to side. I attach it to the bill of my hat with rubber bands and good to go.

05-Oct-17
Headlights are nice, hands free. However, I picked up a couple of those tac light for 10 each and the flood on that light is awesome. I flip that on and have a huge circle of light and don't have to keep moving the light side to side. I attach it to the bill of my hat with rubber bands and good to go.

05-Oct-17
Some might think I'm over board with this but I have two small 100 lumen flashlights and 100 lumen headlight too in my pack. All LED. Light when you need it is one thing were more is better.

05-Oct-17
I like a minimum of 250 lumens when looking for a flashlight. The LED models are great and you can pick them up fairly in expensively. I typically loose one or two a year so I don't spend a bunch on them.

05-Oct-17
I've been using a streamlight headlamp for years. Its great but for bloodtrailing i always feel like im straining to see blood. Thanks for the suggestions i'll check them out

05-Oct-17
For bloodtrailing, I'm using 1000 lumens, bought from China. Blood stands out, and you can pick up the eyeballs of an animal, dead or alive, from better than 50 yards away. (I can pick up eyes at 50 yds with 500 lumens, not sure how far with 1000).

http://lightake.com/ and http://www.dx.com/  There are undoubtedly others, but I've been pleased with the lights from there. It takes about a month to get one, but at $25 or so, it's a bargain.

22-May-18
A few days ago, I bought fenix hl60r headlamp. I really like this flashlight. Very lightweight and powerful beam. Although, it is not a cheap light but worth buying. Actually, I am a big fan of fenix flashlight. Thus, I have more than 10 fenix brand flashlight http://tacticalflashlightguide.com/fenix. These flashlights are the best selling light on the market and I have all these lights.

22-May-18
Fenix LD41

23-May-18
Whatever you use make sure you have a long term solution (3 hours or more) either with back up batteries or multiple lights.

23-May-18
on my last tracking job, I found out that a bright light is handy during the daylight when it's overcast, thin blood trail is in the woods with canopy. helps pick out the small drops of blood. extra set of batteries is a must. LEDs are bright but some can suck some juice.

23-May-18
Whatever I can find without dead batteries!

23-May-18
fenix lights are great

23-May-18
I always have a Colman lantern in my truck. Don't know why, but that's worked better for me than anything.

23-May-18
The old coleman lantern hangs just above the ground and casts a brilliant circle of light.

23-May-18
used to be that an expensive flashlight was best but now there are tons of great low cost ones on the market. I love the Fenix but there are $20 models that work nearly as well. Just google.

23-May-18
Whatever you pick buy 2. I'm constantly finding my headlight turned on and draining batteries in my pack.

23-May-18
Brother shot a deer and we were having trouble finding blood trail. Brought my Boykin out after dark and she drug us down the trail. Told brother I couldn't see blood. He said he could. When we checked we found my LED light did not show blood unless very close while his maglight did even tho my LED seemed brighter.

Frequency of LED?????

23-May-18
If it is a tough blood trail a Coleman Lantern with foil around the back side so I don't go blind. Best of the best! Shawn

24-May-18
Another vote for the Coleman.

24-May-18
I use a fenix PD35 handheld (always in my pocket, even at work) and a Zebra headlamp I like a lot, Both take a single li-ion 18650 battery. Gone to all 18650s including a TOMO 4 battery power bank for charging cell phones and pretty much anything with a USB plug. A couple spares always in my pack. The bank charges all these batteries as well.

Many of the higher end LED lights you can order with different "color" lights. From "white" white to a "blue" or "cool" white..... anybody find much difference in colors for picking up blood?

• Sitka Gear