Contributors to this thread:
JH 16-Oct-17
longspeak74 16-Oct-17
Brotsky 16-Oct-17
T Mac 16-Oct-17
16-Oct-17

JH's embedded Photo
JH's embedded Photo
Last season I harvested a deer of a lifetime. Never in my life would I have guessed I would have another shot at a deer close to it again in the area I hunt.

Well this year I spotted this guy a few weeks before the season and snuck a stand in close to his bedding area. I have gone in only when conditions are perfect and have had four different encounters with him and another nice buck (I even got some very poor video footage of them) already this year.

Last week I had him at six yards and just needed him to take five more steps into my shooting lane when some mud fell off my boots and hit the ground. It was just enough to make him jump back and take another route. I blew it. Still makes me sick. I seen him one time on the stand since then. Unfortunately when the field was harvested a few days ago I got this photo of him bugging out. It's not a very big woods but I'm hoping he'll be back and that this isn't the end of the story.

Not quite as big as the deer I harvested last year, but still a very nice buck for this area. I am guessing around the 150 mark.

16-Oct-17
Good luck!

16-Oct-17
Great deer!

16-Oct-17
Hope you get him!

16-Oct-17
Great deer, great pic

• Sitka Gear