notme 16-Oct-17
Kilduff18 16-Oct-17
>>---CTCrow---> 16-Oct-17
Oneeye 16-Oct-17
16-Oct-17
3:38 PM LIVE from Ct*
Out looking for a buck tonight

16-Oct-17
Figures last wo hunts I did no live hunt and got doe and should have had buck six point

16-Oct-17
For buck. Weatherman screwed me. He said wind from nw so I pick stand accordingly. Get up and wind is sw. So I climb around tree to sw. Then gust shifts wind to nw so I spin around again. Then wind back to sw so back again. Finally I say f it and it is what it is.

16-Oct-17
And yes buck comes out exactly where expected. He catch's my boot smell on ground and comes right at my tree. Actually stopped and seller a tree I stopped at to consider climbing.

16-Oct-17
As he gets closer he goes on guard and events me. Hangs for a while then continues toward me. I'm thinking patience...

16-Oct-17
Finally I get a broadside at 10yrds. I draw and can't. I think wtf I can't pull bow. Cold muscles? Try again , nothing. Third time again and can't I'm thinking wtf. Each time buck senses movement and goes on guard

16-Oct-17
So I finally realize my safety harness is wrapped around tree and my arm draw arm is wrapped. I think unhook harness for shot but then remember my kids and say no way to that.

16-Oct-17
After bobbing and moving around on stand I get arm free and draw. Whole time buck is willing away totally on guard. I rush shot and buck jumps string and I'm high. Goes over buck implants in tree and buck is long gone

16-Oct-17
Sucks. He'll be back.

16-Oct-17
OK. I'm back at awesome location where I saw 6 does and three bucks. Actually after shooting doe and wIt 30 min for recovery 3 bucks come out. I consider second shot but I'm 1/2 mile from road and deer get heavier every year so ones enough. Plus I was sent busted as bucks came out right at my downwind location.

16-Oct-17

Oneeye's embedded Photo
Oneeye's embedded Photo
My 12 facing nnw

16-Oct-17
My 12 facing nnw into wind

16-Oct-17

Oneeye's embedded Photo
Oneeye's embedded Photo
My 9 nice opening but down wind today

16-Oct-17

Oneeye's embedded Photo
Oneeye's embedded Photo
My 3 nearly stuff bucks should travel in

16-Oct-17
I'll try and give you desk jockies something to read at work. Ha I'm usually one too but snuck away today.

16-Oct-17
So I need help. Need a name for this location. It's 1/2 mile from road. Has two stone walls running parallel to each other with ridge on one side of wall and bottom land on other. Almost like an old road. With an opening in one wall almost like an property entrance. After opening is nice flat area with mature rEd and white oaks.

16-Oct-17
Acorns pretty much done dropping here. One random every now and then

16-Oct-17
Ha ha. Just got myself 3 extra minutes to hunt. I googled sunset time to double check and if you google sunset Connecticut it's 6:07. But by my zip it's 6:10. Sticking it to the man!

16-Oct-17
Gl

16-Oct-17
GL Bud!!! ...pretty windy in western end of state..temps droping..should be good

16-Oct-17
Good luck there moving in zone 1

16-Oct-17
Hunt coyote. You can hunt 1/2 hour after sunset.

16-Oct-17
Nothing tonight. Thanks for following

• Sitka Gear