onX Maps
Tuesday Timeline
Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Bowriter 17-Oct-17
17-Oct-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Tuesday Timeline: 5:55-Landowner meets me at gate, says he would like some deer meat. I tell him, then if it is brown is is down.

6:35-daylight and a light frost come to the woods. Fog is beautiful in the holler. And I forgot both my dang cameras.

6:56-I catch a glimpse of movement on the ridge top above me. I grunt softly, three times. Nothing.

7:20-movement again, same place. I grunt twice, very softly and sit still.

7:23- I see him working his way down, coming from behind me. I find an opening at 36-yards and wait.

7:25- He steps into the opening and the second pin, the 35-yard pin- settles and the arrow is gone. Followed by that wonderful sound of someone thumping a ripe watermelon. I see him rush toward the small neck of thicket and don't see him come out.

7:28-I get down and walk to him. Maybe went 50-yards. Again, I am impressed with Wasp Duelers. Got both lungs and top of the heart-high entrance due to the steep, downhill angle and low exit. What a day to forget the camera. Unique rack and butterball fat. By noon, he will be cut, wrapped and vac. packed and in the freezer. And I shall take a couple days off and go to SEOPA. My landowner will have superb eating. Just FYI- I hung him from the forklift on the tractor and skinned him right there. It was 35, this morning so he cooled nicely. I rough aged him at 3.5 and estimate he skinned out at about 90-100. Very healthy, very fat.

• Sitka Gear