General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
wyliecoyote 18-Oct-17
WapitiBob 18-Oct-17
5575 18-Oct-17
Rock 18-Oct-17
wyliecoyote 18-Oct-17
18-Oct-17
My 2 grown sons and I hope to find an affordable 3-5 day archery antelope hunt somewhere in Wyoming. Our preference is to be housed and fed...but be able to transport ourselves to water holes and set up ground blinds. Productive water with existing blinds is fine also. We have about 14 PPs between us. My boys have never arrowed a speed goat ...so quanity rather that quality is a reasonable goal...Any recommendations??

18-Oct-17
There was an outfitter that advertised on here and got good reviews over the years but I didn't hear much about them this year. Werner Ranch I believe.

18-Oct-17
Just go do it on your own, there is so much public ground. I used to live there, got my goat every year and never once sat at a water hole. Just spot and stalked and decoyed, your into action all day long. It's fun!

18-Oct-17
The landowner where I hunt allows us to hunt for a tresspass fee. I worked a deal with him a few years ago to stop the gun hunting and I would find Bowhunters for him which has been working well. This year his son had some friends that wanted to gun hunt there and it sounds like the landowner plans to allow them to hunt but to my knowledge they did not hunt there this year. Waiting to hear back from him on what he wants to do going forward, he has told me myself and a couple of friends that have been hunting there can continue to hunt it. Not sure about him allowing other hunters until I hear from him, but will try to revisit this post when I know more in case you are interested. Or you can also PM me if I do not get back on this thread soon enough.

He has land in 2 units one you can draw without points the other will require 4-5 points so that area does not get hunted much and has some really good bucks.

He has allowed us to build permanent Blinds on most of the waterholes and has even helped us build them. Still plenty of spots for portable Blinds to be set up as water sources and waterhole sizes change all the time.

18-Oct-17
Rock, PM sent.... Joe

• Sitka Gear