Rayzor 04-Dec-17
21-Nov-17
Attaboy Pat!

21-Nov-17
I love this site and agree 100% !!

21-Nov-17
Kudos Pat!

21-Nov-17
Ya caught me Pat, I won't endorse the" butt out tool" even though they gave me a life supply. ;o(

21-Nov-17
Crackin the whip on ole CR. Love it!

21-Nov-17
I knew it!! It was only a matter of time before Jack Harris got nailed for all those shameless VPA plugs! LOL! :-D

21-Nov-17
bravo!

21-Nov-17
I knew that anti-Matthews comment was gonna get your blood boiling ;) Good on you, that's part of what makes this site the best.

21-Nov-17
Really, no more "The best broadhead ever, machined out of one piece...." I enjoy Bowsite because of its lack of censorship. Where will these guys go? Ed F

21-Nov-17
Pat I can't believe you are making choose between my pro-staff responsibilities for Astroglide and Bowsite. I'm going to have to do some soul searching.

21-Nov-17
There goes my free supply of TreeBark Camo gear! Jim Crumley will probably uninvite me to Thanksgiving dinner.

21-Nov-17
Pat your to nice, rat them out so we can all make fun of them.

21-Nov-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Well there goes my lucrative Little Hotties endorsement deal :-(

They are the best ones too, BTW! Very versatile.

21-Nov-17
A web site owner in touch with his community. Great concept and I hope the guilty are paying attention.

21-Nov-17
This is funny as hell!!!

21-Nov-17
Thank you for doing what you do, Pat. I love what you have created here. It gives us average hunters who have a passion for bowhunting a place to gather unbiased information. It's an invaluable resource and I have learned a great deal following some of the folks on Bowsite.

21-Nov-17
Damn and I just signed a 2 manufactures deal with Baker Tree Stand Corp. and The Allen Bow Company

21-Nov-17
A shill protrol and protocol needs to be in place everywhere. Good work

21-Nov-17
Dilly dilly!

21-Nov-17
Sounds like "someone(s)" complained about the "pro staffers". Were some of these "staffers" pushing products that compete with Bowsite sponsors/advertisers?

21-Nov-17
I promise I have no connection to the Nose Jammer company... Full price for every can.

21-Nov-17
I just became a Rage prostaffer but it sucks I have to wait longer for my paycheck to come from China.

21-Nov-17
Ucsdryder, that's funny. Are you connected to Bud light? To the PIT of misery! ha ha ha LOL

21-Nov-17
"Baker stands, thats something you don't hear everyday!"

That's because their pro-staffers don't live long enough to get the word out!

21-Nov-17
Thank you Pat. Now if we could just fix the issue of fanboys who aren't being compensated, we'd be good. :^D

21-Nov-17
Bud Light sucks..... You should only drink Coors Light....... There..... now my free truckload of Coors Light better be arriving in front of my house at any time.......

21-Nov-17
Pat, thanks for the clarification. Are some of these staffers pushing their products that compete with Bowsite sponsors/advertisers? If so, I can sort of see your concern.

21-Nov-17
Coors light sucks, Bourbon is the best! I'll take the first bourbon company that PMs me... I'll rep the hell out of it. Makers Mark.. call me!

21-Nov-17

Fulldraw1972's embedded Photo
Fulldraw1972's embedded Photo
One more push before the boot. Seriesly guys perfect for them alone times in the tent.

21-Nov-17
Nice, But does this mean I can't continue to be on the "Depends" pro staff. They really are useful when you see that huge bull or buck!

21-Nov-17
Good move. Now, how about nailing some of the worthless TROLL types that plague some of the forums.

21-Nov-17
My ‘pro staff’ hasn’t been compensated for a couple days. Maybe tonight

21-Nov-17
BigBear -I work for MillerCoors and I get three free cases per month it’s in my contract.

I quit drinking a few months back so if your cruising down 75 thru Cincinnati I will hook you up!

21-Nov-17
Some guys seem to insinuate that Pat is blocking these guys because the product they push competes with his sponsors. I don't see that as the case at all. The site has always been open to full discussions about all products and I assume always will be.

Where I can see him needing to draw the line for example comes up on the "2018 Matthews Triax thread." I hate to single it out, but it illustrates the point perfectly. A thread is started about the bow, and a certain person comes on there and just needlessly bashes both the bow and the company. Making really no point, just straight up bashing for no purpose. I assume this person is sponsored by another bow company because of all the other posts that person makes. Now, put yourself in Pat's shoes. Matthews sponsors the site, and he does his reviews on a bow each year, but besides that, Pat is very careful to NEVER push the product. I have never once seen a thread where he will go and Say "Oh buy a Matthews they are so much better than brand X." He obviously does some things on the site to please the sponsors and give them something for money, but in his personal posting he is fairly impartial. But then other people that are sponsored (just like Pat is) come on and bash needlessly.

So as the owner of the site Pat himself doesn't push his products, but then has to sit and watch as his supporters (the people putting bread on his table) get bashed needlessly by people simply because those people are supported by the competition? Not gonna happen, and I would do the same thing. I wouldn't be happy if I was financially supporting this website with my brand, only for my brand to be besmudged on it by other people because they are sponsored by the competition. It only makes sense guys.

To further illustrate the point, on that same thread - look to Pat's response. Does he come back fighting with why that brand is superior? No, he simply comes on and with a level head says quote: "I am currently reviewing it. I've had one for two weeks. All I can say at this point is you need to shoot it before you pass judgement due to its size. "

Don't see how anyone could fault Pat on this.

21-Nov-17
Well done Pat!

21-Nov-17
Thanks Kelly !!!

21-Nov-17
Do you ever have the need to get down a tree quick, very quick?

Perhaps to beat an oncoming storm, to go to the bathroom?

If so then The Baker Tree Stand is for you!

Our personal guarantee is simply this “No other tree stand manufacturer can beat how quickly we can get you from 20 feet to zero feet”

21-Nov-17
I knew he had to be sponsored by rage since he’s the only one that believes in them for elk hunting.

21-Nov-17
I used to have a Baker. Scariest times in a tree ever...........

Out em', Pat! I would never have imagined such a thing would happen, but I guess people will do anything for free stuff.....

21-Nov-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Makers pro staff here and have the shirt to prove it !! Hunt

21-Nov-17
Hunt, I may be wrong on this but I swear I saw a post once that showed you with some Buffalo Trace. Isn't that a conflict of interests? LOL

21-Nov-17
LOL, too funny and sadly needed!

21-Nov-17
I promote corn fields but am not a pro-staffer for any seed company. FYI

21-Nov-17
Those baker slim Jim's had a pucker factor of nine out of them.mine came with a waist safety belt that would tighten up and kill ya anyway in a fall.

21-Nov-17
3 cases?

And I thought I had a problem.

:-)

21-Nov-17
Mark Twain taught me everything I needed to know about whiskey. "Too much of anything is bad but too much good whiskey is barely enough." I'm not snobbish about where it comes from, Kentucky, Tennessee, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, it's all a ray of sunshine :)

21-Nov-17
Yeah!

Thats what Bowsite needs, a Whiskey/Bourbon forum!

21-Nov-17
Who the hell buys expensive whiskey then mixes with soda pop???

On the rocks or neat, please!

21-Nov-17
The only thing good whiskey should be mixed with is good company.

21-Nov-17
I agree Nick, if youre gonna use soda pop, use cheap whiskey!

21-Nov-17
Pat, at my age 3 cases of 16 year olds isn't legal... but bourbon certainly is!

21-Nov-17
We'd be glad to teach you boys a thing or two about whiskey but I don't think you'll want to hunt the next morning :)

21-Nov-17
I'm not looking for quality in my camp Scoot.... we concentrate on quantity :-) Only after the hunt.....

21-Nov-17
Keeping it real. Dilly dilly

21-Nov-17
I have no financial disclosures to report other than that wild night that earned me the nickname, "Chubby Chaser."

21-Nov-17
I am with Scoot never had acquired a taste for good whiskey. Just like I couldn’t tell you a good beer from a not so good beer. Beer is beer to me.

I did actually try a shot of every bottle the bar had in Oneida SD one night. Man that was a mistake.

21-Nov-17

Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
Upset that I left the XR in Florida, but tagging out early makes the evenings more fun!

21-Nov-17

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Nick, where is his response to this?!!!

21-Nov-17
“I knew it!! It was only a matter of time before Jack Harris got nailed for all those shameless VPA plugs! LOL! :-“ Come to think of it I probably should be compensated!

21-Nov-17
I agree with big bear

21-Nov-17
I see my crew showed up. This thread is awesome.

Remember on the when I was at a concert and I walked up to the bar. A waitress asked if she could help me, so I looked at the drinks and the prices on the board behind her. One of them read "Markers Make $10". I asked her what Markers Make was. She said... "Hell I don't know, but I'd bet it will get you drunk!". Okay, give me one of those. :)

21-Nov-17
Thanks Pat for handling the situation, but I don't think anyone takes the Hoyt/Rage fanboy serious. On whiskey, Ancient Age because I can't afford Maker's Mark on retirement. Beer flavored micro beer, not the over hopped, bacon, fruit and other crap that is the norm these days. On a budget, Extra Gold or PBR!

21-Nov-17
Always makes me smile when the young guys say they can teach old guys about the finer things in life, like booze, women and rock & roll :)

We were way in front of that line :)

21-Nov-17
I'm not sure who lies worse, those talking about the smoothness of their drink or those who talk about the smoothness of their bow. :)

21-Nov-17
Oh no, not another inflatable..... Good thing we won't be in Kansas for another 11 months...

21-Nov-17
We chase it with a smile. That soda was for well . We will save that for another thread:) We did a pod cast on drinking whiskey also ! Hunt

21-Nov-17
Amen. I agree 100%.

21-Nov-17
bye bye elkgoddess

lmao!!!!!!!!!

21-Nov-17
And while we're at it, we have to put an end to all those guys getting paid by the CT Bureau of Tourism to promote hunting in CT via CT Live Hunts, obviously trying to sell more licenses in CT, it just ain't right!

And, and, and ... somebody must be getting a check from some boot company, what else could explain the required boot picture in every thread. Come to think of it, I think Pat started that tradition ... oh wait ... nevermind. :-)

21-Nov-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Ace... you've never hunted until you've hunted in Crocs.

Crocs Pro staff 2017

21-Nov-17
Obviously.... a whooole lot'a compensatin' goin' on......

in some form or another.....

21-Nov-17
Kelly you could store your contract fulfillments in a cool place and save them up for a minute a probably trade them for a hunt somewhere out west like NM maybe.

21-Nov-17
Hey Embry I ran down the beach when my brother killed a caribou in crocs this year. Did the recovery and pack out in crocs lol. Got my socks wet though :( ...when your camp shoes become your hunting boots...

I'm not sponsored by crocs. Actually they weren't crocs, I bought them from Dollorama for $2. I'm not sponsored by Dollorama either

21-Nov-17
I have a pair of Nikon ProStaff compact binos in my pack that I got as a birthday gift a few years ago.....now I am afraid to talk about them in the future. 8^0

But on a serious note, what if you really shoot and like a given product? Say a brand of custom strings or a stab? When it is just "fanboy" and when it is over the line? Are certain brands off-limits for opinions because they are site sponsors? There is also a point when censorship kicks in and that is the opposite end of the negative spectrum.

21-Nov-17
Alaska at heart,

it's really not hard to spot a shill, like the type Pat is referring to.

21-Nov-17
Nice work!

21-Nov-17
Or your post on why you like something is or almost is verbatim of a sales slogan...

21-Nov-17
Hey, don't get off track. This is now a whiskey thread! How many handles does one have to sweat (see Hunt's pic) to harvest one shot? :)

21-Nov-17
Get Serious

21-Nov-17
It always shocked me what a guy would do and say for a few packs of Broadheads

21-Nov-17
Man,I make string silencers from old bike tubes.where does that fit in,lol

21-Nov-17
Way to go Pat!

21-Nov-17
Thanks Pat. It was becoming rather blatant. I know most realized it for what it was, but I'm glad you addressed it.

21-Nov-17
I have nothing to worry about. Companies pay me to NOT use their products.

21-Nov-17
I never was one for winning popularity contests, so I'll stick up for the guy you're all trashing. I read the 2018 Matthews Triax thread, and really found nothing wrong with ELKMAN's posts....hell, I laughed myself and thought the same exact thing the first time I saw the bow. No where in that thread does he advocate or direct anyone to any other bow manufacturers website or a proshop that sells different bows. He gave an opinion....one that many of us may or may not agree on. If he is on any companies payroll, I wouldn't know....never asked to see his paystub. I know he likes Hoyt bows and Rage broadheads...guess what? So do I. Does that mean I'm being sponsored or paid by either of those companies? If so, I hope to start receiving royalties and back pay real soon. You want to see somebody's product get trashed....start a Rage broadheads thread sometime. This is Pat's site, and he can do as he sees fit...I'm not going to disagree. However, if the new norm is going to dictate what products can or cannot be scrutinized, were heading down a slippery slope. Although I know Rage and Hoyt are not sponsors of this wonderful site, I do know for a fact they are proud sponsors of the Pope & Young Bowhunting Organization, which is held in pretty high regards around here. Just my 2 cents folks, coming from a passionate bowhunter...not some paid pro-staffer, and certainly not fanboy.

21-Nov-17

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
New prototype crown rattle bag... keep it a secret guys as it’s very deadly and don’t want Crown Royal to know what is gonna be released before I get my next bottle.

21-Nov-17
2nd on the Dilly Dilly

21-Nov-17
Trkyslr,

I think that might be patent infringement. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that used somewhere else before...

21-Nov-17
Bowsite has some of the most open discussions about sponsored products that you'll see out there. Pat making a policy on what, essentially an employee of a non-sponsor, can say - is not censorship.

And to get us back on track, my favorite is Balvenie 21, The Portwood. It's basically heaven in a glass. But I appreciate all country's various spins on whiskey.

21-Nov-17
Is there a way to change my handle? I have up on Martin after they sponsored Chris Brackett.

21-Nov-17
I don't like the name, Pro staff hero's.... Sorry, but I'm a pro staffer, but I don't bash other companies bows, arrows or equipment. It's one of the things they state in contracts, to respect others and in an argument, walk away. I've stood up for my company, like Plano and Cabela's, and never stooped to the level of the ones doing the bashing.

Let's talk staffs...several level of staffs, shop shooter, coop shooter, field staff, national staff, pro staff, factory shooter, media staff. Only some factory shooters and media staff gets free equipment, most of us pay for our equipment. We rep the brands that sponsor us, promote our brands, and stand up and defend our sponsors. It's that simple. But we don't bash other brands... I do shows and events at Cabela's, Bass Pro, Scheels. I do grand openings, attend shoots my sponsors want me to attend. I also get to shoot a lot of bows, not just the brand I rep. My opinion on bows or equipment is just that, my opinion. But it's based on what I experience when I handle that bow or use that equipment. I don't call bows junk, bash the manufacture. Yes, I didn't like the title of this post, its wrong. Not all of us "pro staff hero's" fall under the description that was made. I don't come on here often anymore, for reasons I don't agree with a lot of the "experts" on here whom seem to say things thinking their way is the only way. So, I do what I'm supposed to do, respect others opinions. Maybe someone needs to start a post about respecting others and their opinions...

21-Nov-17
Too bad hunters let it get to this point.

21-Nov-17
"The only thing good whiskey should be mixed with is good company."

WELL STATED!!!!

21-Nov-17
Why wait , name names so we know who is trying to out one over on us.

21-Nov-17
"Not all of us "pro staff hero's" fall under the description that was made." Then I would guess there wouldn't be any issues.

Folks giving an honest evaluation of a product they have used IMO is welcome and normally very useful information. But if there is some financial connection in that product then it becomes advertising (or in some cases flat out pimping). I can see if not paying for that advertising or not being honest and up front about connections with the product.... yeah, I can see an issue. Sponsor up so we can keep our membership fees reasonable..... =D

How many times a thread is started by a dishonest poster "hey guys, I just tried this new product xyz and it's the cats azz....."

21-Nov-17
many on here are members of the corn prostaff...

22-Nov-17

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Thinking about making these for camp.

22-Nov-17

Butternut40's embedded Photo
Butternut40's embedded Photo
Rick, where do I sign up?

22-Nov-17
WOW! Is this really a problem????

22-Nov-17
Yes Rut Nut it is a problem! Butternuit40 is wearing socks with his crocks. That's against the rules. He needs take a lesson from EmbryOklahoma. Tell him Rick, he isn't doing it right, No socks in the crocks! LOL

22-Nov-17
I am going to borrow a line from Ron Nizolek. The holes in Crocs allow your dignity to leave your body. No, i am not sponsored by Birkenstock!

22-Nov-17
Could take the Fish Fishburne approach, he would say he was sponsored by Grandma.

22-Nov-17
"most of us pay for our own equipment" well I guess I am a pro staffer also!

22-Nov-17
"many on here are members of the corn prostaff... "

That is true but Ned (Loesshillsarcher) is the Regional Sales Manager. :0

22-Nov-17
Lol. would like to think I would be a good CEO

22-Nov-17
Ok, the fear I have is now we may lose some entertainment value on Bowsite so I vote to let TBM back on board.

He probably has home made moonshine he can promote.

22-Nov-17
I think the only thing TBM ever promoted was himself! :)

22-Nov-17
+1000 Brotsky! I still have flashbacks from that egomaniac. He needs his own website. It looks www.hdylmnsimmonsturkeyblowmaster.edu is available.

22-Nov-17
Not sure what was said that got to Pat, but the bickering over broadheads, bows, etc sure can be entertaining. Makers light rocks for me

22-Nov-17
Kota....Regional? I’d say National!

Just hope it wasn’t GMO!

22-Nov-17
I’m actually sitting in a tree no not in a Baker I still have 3 of them in my shed and had to peek at this thread. I am safe at my age don’t think I would make too many companies pro staff but I will raise a glass ?? of Larceny tonight Lewis

22-Nov-17
GotBow... it was so hot that day I wasn't even entertaining socks. Nope, bare feet Dale!

Z Barebow... Ron PMd me one I can't repeat on here. :)

28-Nov-17
Bump

28-Nov-17
I hope everyone knows if TBM comes back there will be more #hamblaster pics to follow. #HDYLMN

29-Nov-17

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Does this mean my self esteem is at rock bottom? I highly recommend this product!

29-Nov-17
Lmao joe you need a little more you may need to be there more than a weekend

29-Nov-17
Mule, you can show up at my camp any time bearing Beam........

29-Nov-17
So HUNT walks in a bar and orders 10 shots of Makers Mark. Bartender sets them up and as soon as he is done pouring hem HUNT slams them all. The bartender says "man I have never saw someone drink whiskey so fast, special occasion or what?" HUNT responds "no but if you had what I have you would drink them that fast too!" The bartender says "oh I'm sorry, what do you have?" Hunt says "fifty cents."

29-Nov-17
"I knew it!! It was only a matter of time before Jack Harris got nailed for all those shameless VPA plugs! LOL! :-D"

I thought Jack Harris was the Rage Staff guy???

29-Nov-17
Joe, whats with the little bottles?

29-Nov-17
Thats funny Beav....

04-Dec-17
TTT

04-Dec-17

04-Dec-17
Ned in fact corrected me. He is the PRESIDENT.

04-Dec-17
The thread is apparently directed at someone or group that is not affiliated with a sponsor.

Just to put it out there for anyone that may not be aware Rayzor-VPA is a paying sponsor and has been for several years. Every Prostaff and Fieldstaff agreement I have authored states in the guidelines- Avoid “Bad Mouthing”, negative comments, hearsay and conversations concerning another company’s products...."

I have not heard a single complaint in those regards, about anyone on the Prostaff, Fieldstaff, or otherwise, past or present.

• Sitka Gear