Bowbender 24-Nov-17
stick n string 24-Nov-17
Rut Nut 24-Nov-17
Boone81 24-Nov-17
stick n string 24-Nov-17
Boreal 24-Nov-17
24-Nov-17
7:00 AM LIVE from PA*
In the same tree as yesterday. My 16 yr old son is down in the tree my buddy killed his deer out of yesterday. 25 degrees. Calm. EHD has really done a number on the herd. On my usual drive here I’d see a couple dozen deer. Not one yesterday or today.

24-Nov-17
So I’m looking around, and I spot a tiny spot of white across the draw I am next to. Look with binos and I’m pretty sure it’s the doe I shot yesterday. I must have walked within 20 yds of her but her belly is facing the other way from where I was. It’s been cold so the meat will be fine. She sure took a hard right hand turn from the direction she was going.

24-Nov-17

HerdManager's embedded Photo
Like a blood trail challenge, find the deer in the picture.

24-Nov-17
Doe coming.

24-Nov-17
Guy comes out of his house to walk his dog and spooks the doe. Ugh. Hopefully she’ll loop down the hill and go to Christopher.

24-Nov-17
Hope the yotes didnt molest your doe.GL Dude!!!

24-Nov-17
Christopher just had a doe and 4 fawns under him. Too many eyes and he got spotted. He said the one fawn was sniffing his climbing stick.

24-Nov-17
Not many yotes here.

Christopher said the deer came back and her shot the doe. Said low but in the chest.

24-Nov-17
Two hens just flew down about 60 yds away.

24-Nov-17

24-Nov-17
About 35 birds came through the backyards. Two gobblers all fanned out. Don’t they know it’s November?

24-Nov-17
Man that is some suburban whitetail hunting right there buddy! GL

24-Nov-17
The boy just shaved some hair off that doe. Heading back in now to get my deer (hope it’s my deer).

24-Nov-17
We came up the hill, and Christopher spots the deer laying in some weeds. We walk over, and it’s not my doe but a small buck and it’s still alive. Not sure what’s wrong with it but he’s going back to get his bow and put it down.

24-Nov-17
Not sure if his is the deer I saw this morning or not. Crazy.

24-Nov-17
Are you going to look for your doe or just leave it like the last one?

24-Nov-17

24-Nov-17
Nice looking spot! Good luck if your heading out later

24-Nov-17
Goodness....

24-Nov-17

24-Nov-17
Good job to your son on putting the buck down. Is that your doe in the pic above?

24-Nov-17
No that’s the buck where we found him. Went looking for my doe and found blood 300 yards away. Looks like she went off the property into park.

24-Nov-17
I have to say I'm completely disgusted, your hunting ethics and pompous attitude on every other live hunt, like your better than everyone else. It seems like every live hunt it's another shot that misses it's mark with little effort put forth to recover. I'm assuming since you live in rural Pittsburgh, with high deer populations you assume it's okay to act like this? I also hunt in rural areas and it puts even more attention on lots of practice and the need for the perfect shot. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm perfect because I'm not. I've been there and it's a sickening feeling that takes sometime to go away....and that's with an exhaustive search over days when necessary.

I'm sure you've heard the term, those in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. Trust me your not in a position to comment on any other live hunt or in my opinion have your own live hunt. A complete embarrassment to hunting and the PA Forum.

24-Nov-17
Scintillating…

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

24-Nov-17
Spike , dcnoe , X10000

24-Nov-17
I’ve never commented on others’ hunting ethics or abilities. I comment when they don’t finish a hunt, and leave us hanging about what happened. Or do a live hunt with a gun.

I’m not the best shot, but I’ve killed a lot of deer (140 with bow). The doe I hit yesterday was one lung and possibly liver. I’m pretty sure the guy trespassing pushed her off the property and into a county park. It’s suburban hunting. It’s incredubly tight. You can’t just go knocking on doors of million dollar homes and ask to go look for a deer that might be on their property. And it’s lots of little properties, so you’d be knocking on lots of doors and upsetting the neighbors and that’s how you lose permission to hunt.

I hate having to leave a deer, even though I know nothing goes to waste. But unfortunately with tight suburban hunting, sometimes it’s the best option.

24-Nov-17
I wasn’t going to say anything because I figured “if you don’t have anything good to say” but I completely agree. Herd manager you give all of us a bad name and the “weathers cold” she’ll be fine to lay there for over 24 hours is gross. You talk about how small the area you hunt is and she was laying less than 100 yards from your tree and you couldn’t find her?! Sounds like you gave it your all.

24-Nov-17
How come all you mightier-than-thou guys weren’t slamming Pat and the Kansas guys on their live hunt?

It’s hunting. It doesn’t always turn out like on TV. I’m just telling you what happened. If you don’t want to read it, then don’t read my live hunts.

24-Nov-17
John, you didn’t read my hunt. The deer I saw lying across the draw was not my doe, but a buck that was near death.

24-Nov-17
Did you follow it into the park, or just give up?

24-Nov-17
So what was wrong with that sick little buck?

24-Nov-17

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo

24-Nov-17
Congrats on the buck, not sure I’d be eating that one though

Watch out for the ethics police they are thick on here

24-Nov-17
Is the park gated?

24-Nov-17
We followed for a ways into the park. She was on a very defined trail. We found blood for about 20 yards along the trail, then nothing after that. She never bedded.

24-Nov-17
Bummer. What do you think was wrong with the buck? Hit by a car?

24-Nov-17
Not sure what was wrong with him. He looks healthy. Legs weren’t broken, but he still may have been hit by a car. Don’t think it was EHD, all his organs looked normal.

I saw this buck 2 weeks ago chasing does, so whatever happened, happened recently. I’m going to butcher him tomorrow, so I’ll see what I find.

24-Nov-17
JMHO - if you don’t find anything obvious, pitch it!

24-Nov-17
If you decide the meat is no good and get rid of it, don't tell us. You've gathered quite the following with this thread.

24-Nov-17
He meat is probably fine. Give it a try and report back

24-Nov-17
Herd,

"If you don’t want to read it, then don’t read my live hunts."

OMG.... Pot meet kettle. You've crapped on enough threads because they didn't meet your standards. Even though though the owner of this site is OK with it as long as it doesn't get outta hand.

"I’m not the best shot, but I’ve killed a lot of deer (140 with bow)........ You can’t just go knocking on doors of million dollar homes and ask to go look for a deer that might be on their property. And it’s lots of little properties, so you’d be knocking on lots of doors and upsetting the neighbors and that’s how you lose permission to hunt."

Just curious what your shot/kill ratio is? There were threads last year of years of unrecovered deer. Maybe, just maybe, you should spend a little more time practicing instead of posting live hunts. Worried about losing permission to hunt? Folks in million dollar homes finding dead bow shot deer is a sure fire way to do that. If you can't consistently shoot AND make a solid kill maybe close tight urban hunts aren't for you.

24-Nov-17
Stuff happens. But when it happens most of the time.... I think most would rather read a live hunt that is abandoned or nothing happens then threads with wounded/grazed deer. Its not holier than thou, its not ethics police. Its a group of ppl that love what they do, and when they feel someone is disrespecting what we do and the way we are looked at by those outside our circle, at some point something has to be said.

But ur right, dont have to, so this is the last HerdDamager live hunt i will be tuning into....

24-Nov-17
First 2 deer I ever shot with a bow went unrecovered. I agonized for months over those deer and did everything in my power to figure out what happened so I could correct the problem. After talking to several experienced bow hunters and a very good pro-shop owner the cause was discovered and corrected. I made up my mind then and there that if I did not figure out what the problem was, I was going to give up on Bowhunting! As much as that would have hurt, I just could not justify losing another animal! Since then, I have never come close to losing 2 in the same season. If So, I would have stopped hunting again until I figured out what the cause was so I could correct it.

24-Nov-17
I've made some poor shots in the past and have lost some deer. (I'm sure everyone here has) I've also called off work the next day, searched in the pouring rain, and have looked countless hours for them wether it was a big buck or a small doe. As a hunter I hate seeing animals suffering. Either being hit by a vehicle or an arrow. I know guys that say I gave up looking because the blood started getting thin. Give the animal a little respect and give it your all to retrieve your game.

24-Nov-17
And the "nothing goes to waste" thing, thats true, its also a copout. If you bust ur butt looking for it and dont find it, then u can take comfort in knowing other animals will use it. But u better bust ur butt and exhaust all avenues, and make as many avenues as possible.

24-Nov-17
WTG Herdmangler!

• Sitka Gear