Nick Muche 30-Nov-17
GotBowAz 30-Nov-17
SixLomaz 30-Nov-17
cnelk 30-Nov-17
cnelk 30-Nov-17
PA-R 03-Dec-17
Russ Koon 11-Dec-17
29-Nov-17
been doing some straightening and cleaning up out in the garage. I have nine complete racks that I never had mounted, never had them officially scored but all are between 125-135. Trying to come up with some sort of display that can be single wall mount. I have no room in the house but do have wall space in the garage. Just want to get them all collected in one place, rather than nail them on the wall singly. Any ideas?

29-Nov-17
Drift wood that has a bend in the middle, across the corner. I have seen this done with 4 euro mounts looked great.

29-Nov-17
Not for the wall but I have saw where people have mounted a bunch to a cedar post and put in a corner. Looks really cool.

29-Nov-17
I was thinking like Scrappy, mount them to a log.

29-Nov-17
I like the corner idea. Saw a nice example on another thread here a couple days ago, that used about a six-inch wide rustic finish board located in a corner, with dowels sticking out of it on an upward angle to hold the skulls of his euro mounts. Just slide the skull onto the dowel and they're done, no other means needed to keep them in place if the aangles are right. Are yours euro style or just the antler bases?

Using space at the corner seemed to utilize wall space that would be harder to use effectively for much else, and they looked great.

29-Nov-17
Depends on how you cut the skulls....I prefer the antlers to sit the same way they sit on a deer`s head....you have to cut the skull right or the antlers are down as if the deer was eating or charging....I hate that look. Put a 2x plank or old Barn wood at a angle almost like a shelf but angled down....mount the antlers on it so all antlers are "up" and visible.

29-Nov-17
I have a buddy that displays his racks on something similar to a coat rack made of 1x6 boards to make a square post about 7 ft tall. He then screws the racks to the post. Think I am going to make a few for the man cave. I have a pile of racks ranging from 120's to 160's and need to do something with them.

29-Nov-17

Toothpick's embedded Photo
Toothpick's embedded Photo
Barn boards out in my shop.

30-Nov-17
Totem Pole

30-Nov-17
I think my wife's suggestion probably will not be the winning one and I can't exactly post it on here-lol. I think I am going to combine a couple ideas using some old barn boards and a couple cedar fence posts...or something. Be a good rain day project.

30-Nov-17
Sounds like a fun project, let's see the pile of racks that you are working with!

30-Nov-17
Toothpick, I have a rack of my very first buck that looks exactly like the one you have on the bottom left. Mine has a piece of the left side eye guard broken but other than that its identical. I like you display, that's a great idea. I think I might try something like that.

30-Nov-17
Make a chandelier out of them.

30-Nov-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I’ve been filling up corners with deer and smaller skulls

30-Nov-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Easy to make from some scrap cedar

03-Dec-17
Toothpick, that set of horns on bottom left are happy horns, nice display for sure.

11-Dec-17
CNelk, I think that may have been your display I saw and mentioned. Sure likethat idea, looks simple and perfect for using the corners.

• Sitka Gear