BULELK1 01-Dec-17
Boreal 01-Dec-17
Bowriter 01-Dec-17
Bowriter 02-Dec-17
Bou'bound 02-Dec-17
30-Nov-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Marion R. James, most of y'all know him as M.R. James, co-founder of Bowhunter Magazine and I have been tight friends for about 40-years. He is three years my senior. He has, so far, hunted 58-straight days, in IN and IL. I and am sure he, have no idea how many bucks he has passed up this year. heck, I don't even know how many I have passed up. But I am getting tired. He is just getting warmed up. His hunting is very much like mine in that about all he has to do is walk out the back door and climb a tree. We both have "sanctuary" land, places we do not hunt or even go into and we both don't care a great deal about antlers. Mostly we hunt just to be hunting and enjoying nature. In my case, I hunt mostly mornings because I love watching a sunrise. I am also hesitant to shoot a deer at last light due to my decreased night vision. I hunt a few afternoons, M.R. hunts them often. Over the years, I have been fortunate to share several hunting camps with M.R. and always a great time. But I sure wish I knew how he keeps his get-up-and-go, going. I have only hunted about 30 days this season and I am tard. He spells it tired. I have not hunted in two days, got up an hour ago, intending to go this morning and have just made an executive decision, I aint going, might go tomorrow, might not. Later today, he will post what he saw this morning and I will post how much snow we got. Of course, it is going to be nearly 70 today so he will know I didn't go. Cause, to use an old southern expressions, I is done come down tard. But I love a good sunrise on the snow. Especially when it is 68-degrees. :)

30-Nov-17
That's great John, thanks for the update!

30-Nov-17
You're not second to MR in my book John. Any one that hunts as much as you do is fortunate and totally committed.

30-Nov-17
"Tard"..............................LOL! I wondered where this thread was going......................... : )

30-Nov-17
I think your in a good place John. Keep enjoying the sunrises when you want. Always enjoy reading your posts Thank you

30-Nov-17
I'm kinda in the same mode John. I made that decision last night. I was gonna head to a place a couple hours away to stay until Saturday, but we have a better cold front coming Sunday, so I'm putting it off until Monday. I like to hunt when the others aren't there. I find I see more deer during the week vs. the weekends. Since I'm also retired, I can hunt when I want to, as opposed to when I can, as I did for umpteen years. Feels funny sometimes, but I think I'll get used to it ! :-)

That doesn't mean I won't hunt, because I'll step out the back this afternoon. Might stick a stinkin' hog !

30-Nov-17
Where the heck are you that you’ve got SNOW??

We've hardly had a frost here, and this is supposed to be Up Nawth!

30-Nov-17
Love your posts - don't catch them all but I always loved reading MR as well. Hell I am "only" 53 and I am tard a lot too! I bow hunted less this year than I have in past 15 years, but had one of my best seasons as result. Sometimes I just love sitting in my kitchen, with a warm cup of coffee, looking out at my woods and watching a "hunt I could have had". It's been 15 years since I bought this great NJ hunting piece, but I rarely hunt my own woods anymore, but it's great to know its always there when I want it. (much better to jump on the quad and go hunt a neighbor's piece LOL).

Actually nothing like taking a week and hunting out of state - like Ohio. I would not trade being able to walk out the door and hunt for anything, and I don't want to take that for granted and there are several bucks on my wall as result of that out of 15 total, but it also makes you appreciate hunting elsewhere.

30-Nov-17
LOL- That snow picture is a couple years old. It is about 65 and raining. But...low in the thirties tonight, cold and clear tomorrow. Just talked to one of my land owners and asked him to leave the gate unlocked for me, tomorrow morning. Should be about perfect.

30-Nov-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Real men for sure at the P&Y Convention.

30-Nov-17

30-Nov-17
Good post John

30-Nov-17
Just heard from M.R. Today was day 60 and he saw a lot of activity, just no shooters. It is short-sleeve weather here. I hope that front comes through tonight as predicted.

01-Dec-17

"Healthy eating is the secret. I'm telling you, eating a banana every morning is how I have managed to look this great at 32-years of age." Said M.R. James. Today, he starts day 63.

01-Dec-17
You guys are certainly an inspiration to many of us. For sure Paul@thefort too

Thanks for the update

Good luck, Robb

01-Dec-17
WOW! Awesome!

01-Dec-17
Great morning but bad foggy. Saw a few nothing in the shooter category, no does in range.

02-Dec-17

M.R. is getting ready for day #64 but I aint going. Got up at my usual, 3:00 A of M but don't feel like climbing a tree. Have to do a nationally syndicated radio interview later and it would be just my luck to kill something and be running late. With this super moon thingie, I may ease out this afternoon and for sure, be going the next two mornings. Sooner or later, gotta a doe come by me. Went 10-days straight with nothing but bucks in range. Girls always did seem to avoid me. But not always.

02-Dec-17
MR is a machine.

Reminds me of Kelly.

• Sitka Gear