The last savage 11-Dec-17
Ace of Spades 11-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 11-Dec-17
Kurt 11-Dec-17
petedrummond 11-Dec-17
NYBOB 13-Dec-17
Lefty 13-Dec-17
02-Dec-17
I just celebrated my 85th birthday while bowhunting in Kansas, my birthday gift was a nice 10 pointer. as the years passed I've to lower my weight to 50lbs on my Mathews

02-Dec-17
Congrats to you Sir, I have two friends that are 70 and constantly complain about being old. Yup I'll be sending them this thread.

02-Dec-17
Congrats to you, Bob! That's fantastic!

02-Dec-17
Congrats! Thats a fantastic birthday gift! Kudos to you for not just staying able to get out in the woods and hunt, but even more to keeping the fire to put forth the effort!!! Carpè Diem!!!!

02-Dec-17
Congrats. What a great birthday present.

02-Dec-17
What a great inspiration you are! Congratulations, and keep on going!

02-Dec-17
That’s awesome!

02-Dec-17
Bob..... I keep trying to catch up to you but every time I look up you're still ahead.... you need to slow down and let folks catch up.....

Congrats on the buck! I bet you have another bear this spring in you too!

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. Have a Merry Christmas too! Give that family a hug for me.

02-Dec-17
Congratulations to you. May we all live healthy and strong to enjoy hunting with family and friends

02-Dec-17
That is awesome, Bob! Congrats! Great to see guys like you still getting it done. You’re definitely an inspiration to us all.

02-Dec-17
Wow, that’s awesome!

02-Dec-17
Congrats. That makes me want to hunt harder! Way to stay with it. Great example you are for us, thanks.

02-Dec-17
If that isn't inspiring I don't know what is. Congrats Bob...wow!!

02-Dec-17
Congrats to you sir!

02-Dec-17
Awesome, and many more great hunts to come to you. Forrest

02-Dec-17
That's great ! You must have taken better care of yourself than I did. I hope I'm still at it in 15 years......

02-Dec-17
a tip of the hat, from a 78 year old hunter. my best and long life. Paul

03-Dec-17
Great for you Bob!!

Nothing wrong with lowering your draw weight at all.

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

03-Dec-17
You sir ,,are an inspiration to us all!! Congrats on your nice 10 pt,,my 52 year old self ate my tag,,again!!lol

03-Dec-17
Wow, Congrats Bob. I wish I could say the same thing, being a 57 year old old guy My neck is so messed up that this year I found I couldn't even pull my bow back at 55 lbs.. Good job and keep on going!

03-Dec-17
I'm feeling better already at 55. Thanks to you.

03-Dec-17
Congratulations. We old guys are proud of you. Keep it up.

03-Dec-17
Happy birthday and congratulations.

03-Dec-17
Love it! Keep at it young man.

03-Dec-17
Dad gum a big congrats from one that just turned 71 Hope to hear about the one you next yr and the next Lewis

03-Dec-17
85! I'm impressed and inspired. Not only do you still hunt, but you're on Bowsite.

03-Dec-17
Congrats Bob. Age is just a number.

03-Dec-17
Way to go Bob!your 20 years ahead of me,the desire to hunt keeps us young.Bowboy is right it's just a number!

03-Dec-17
I just hope I live that long. Good for you.

03-Dec-17
Show us a pic!

03-Dec-17
I have to wait for one of my four bowhunting sons to come up and show me how to do the picture thing, Not only was I happy with this years deer, they had my 8 pointer from last year that they found the day after we left. Of course I was a lot younger when I got him (LOL)

03-Dec-17
Inspirational. You are what it is supposed to be about.

03-Dec-17
Terrific, congrats.

03-Dec-17
Atta boy Bob!!!!!! Congrats to you and Happy Birthday!!!!

03-Dec-17
Congratulations and still having the desire, good news indeed.

03-Dec-17
Awesome. At 85 you have me by 13 years so that gives me a mark to keep going. Well done.

03-Dec-17
Congratulations Bob,

You are an inspiration for sure.

Comparatively, as a 74 yr old I feel like a "pup".

"keep on keepin' on"

03-Dec-17
Dang, I'm turning 59 in a few days. Congrats Bob.

03-Dec-17
Congratulations- you are truly an inspiration to those younger and proof that bow weight does not have to be equal to age in order to hunt and kill you quarry.

Carry on !!

03-Dec-17
That is truly inspirational. I'm 46 and whine about being old sometimes. I'll just shut up from now on;)

04-Dec-17
Way to go Bob. You're a great inspiration. My dad will be 80 next year and we'll have 3 generations bow hunting Fallow deer down here in Australia in April.

04-Dec-17
Genetics is such a big part of our life but taking care of yourself is right there too. Thanks for posting your “marker”!

04-Dec-17
Good for you, Bob! I'm hoping I'm still BREATHING at 85! LOL! : )

04-Dec-17
Congrats !!! I'm going to help my 74 year old neighbor haul his calfs to the sale barn today he guided 2 bow hunters last Sept 2 rifle hunters and a muzzleloader hunter on elk hunts all on horse back and they all killed bulls. A tough old cowboy if there ever was one ! Hope you go to Kansas and kill a big one next year !

04-Dec-17
My pop (82) has a neighbor (91) who is still running a cattle farm. My pop just got back from our yearly trip to MT for mule deer and we also had a week long canoe trip in the Quetico this summer.

I suspect that NYBOB doesn't sit and watch TV the majority of the year...Congrats on the deer!

04-Dec-17
Excellent. Congratulations sir on another fine accomplishment, and I hope you are blessed with many more to come.

05-Dec-17
Outstanding...

10-Dec-17

jensbear's embedded Photo
jensbear's embedded Photo
Here is the picture of my dads (NYBob) buck. The guy continues to amaze me. At 85 years young he is still showing his sons and grandson how to get it done. I guess all those 3D shoots in summer paid off! Congrats on your buck dad, great way to celebrate your 85th Birthday. See you next weekend for the late bow/muzzleoader weekend with the boys!

10-Dec-17
Amazing.

10-Dec-17
That's awesome.

10-Dec-17
Hell, yeah!

11-Dec-17
That's awesome Bob. Great to see! Congrats!

11-Dec-17
Ya want to know what keeps folks after it like that when so many have given up long ago? Just look at that smile.... that's what does it. Pure, deep, passion and pleasure of the hunt. The fire still burns, you can see it. Pretty cool.

11-Dec-17
Nice work Bob...keep after them, Sir !

11-Dec-17
Total stud right there!! .....Bob of course!

11-Dec-17
Congrats Bob, great that youre not only getting out there but that you’re going out of state on hunts as well. Very inspiring!!!

Utica, NY

11-Dec-17
Your dad is amazing John !!!! Way to go Bob...... you are an inspiration !!!!!

11-Dec-17
Very cool!!! Congratulations and keep on going! Age is a number, and very little else if you still have desire.

Reminds me of an 85 year old gal who was ranching in NW CO in 2009. I had one of the those hard to get elk tags up her way and was camped and occasionally hunted on her place. I ran into a guy at her gate gate one day and he told me that Wanda had quit riding horses. I said "she must have quite riding this morning, as yesterday she had pushed a bunch of cows through my camp and later rode back for a good chat".

She was an amazing gal. A few years later a horse bucked her off.....she apparently died instantly, and undoubtably how an old cowgirl would want to go out.

11-Dec-17
Congrats im 70 tomorrow just a kid

13-Dec-17
It was a little rough out there today , nineteen and windy should have used the muzzle loader, to hard to pull the bow back so I packed in early. seven does and a spike that's here every day. illegal to shoot him though. All the boys will be up this weekend, hope it warms up'

13-Dec-17
Keep it going My 89 year old FIL with my wife killed a 24 " mulie this year. Was with my nephew last year on a 350 bull elk. Assisted in my moose hunt 2 years ago. Helped with my daughters moose 5 years ago. Killed a desert sheep at 79

• Sitka Gear