smarba 07-Dec-17
T Mac 07-Dec-17
APauls 07-Dec-17
BigOzzie 07-Dec-17
04-Dec-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
She's a cute gal and pretty cool story at the link.

04-Dec-17
If the story is gospel, you have to give her props for sticking to her plan ! Nice buck too !

04-Dec-17
what gal ??

04-Dec-17
Rack is kinda small but beautiful.

04-Dec-17
Great buck. Have to laugh at the camo facepaint paired with freshly applied lipstick.

04-Dec-17
What buck???

04-Dec-17
Oh there is a buck in the picture. Didn’t notice it till I read the posts.

04-Dec-17
Where were all these beautiful young woman hunters when I was 25?

04-Dec-17
She shoots a bowtech like me. So you're saying there's a chance?

04-Dec-17
I certainly don't remember any good looking women out shooting bows even 10 years ago, much less 25 years ago!

Chuckster, probably not.

I know there's no chance for an old middle aged guy shooting a home made longbow... Fun to look, though:)

04-Dec-17
Ooh la la la

05-Dec-17
That shot of her walking away reminded me of Andy Griffin. No wonder he and Opie spend every episode headed down to the creek!

05-Dec-17
the original post is mediocre at best. She's a 5/10 at best.

05-Dec-17
I hate when your pants dont dry in time for hunting and you have to go out in your skivvies.

05-Dec-17
"She's a 5/10 at best"

That's cuz your vision is 20/100. At best.

05-Dec-17
LOL Bowbender. I was going to say either his wife is a supermodel, or his eyes are bad.

05-Dec-17
Bowbender - Actually my vision is 20/10 and 20/15. That girl is average. She's not ugly, but she's not turning any heads either.

05-Dec-17
Great buck and a very nice looking young woman. I'm overjoyed to see all these young women getting involved in the sport. IMO they are our future. If we can get women involved and supporting hunting in large numbers we will be safe at the ballot box and see an improvement in public opinion about what we do. I don't care what they look like, I just love seeing them involved. I'm lucky to have two "cute gal" bowhunters in my home. They love it every bit as much as any guy I know. We can only hope for more!

05-Dec-17
Scoot - when did I say it's a fact? Of course, it's my opinion. I'm sure someone who lives in a small Midwestern town may think they girl is a 10/10. I live in Westchester and work in NYC Monday-Friday, so I wouldn't look twice if I passed that girl on the street. In fact, I may have overestimated her at first glance (maybe because of the nice buck she shot). Take away the buck, and I got her at 4.6/10. PM me and I'll send you a pic of my wife.

05-Dec-17
Xbow....you eat at an Applebee's lately?

05-Dec-17
Haha, I'm not a fan of chain restaurants.

05-Dec-17
" I live in Westchester and work in NYC Monday-Friday, so I wouldn't look twice if I passed that girl on the street" Thats where they send culls from Atlanta.

05-Dec-17
My property is strictly set aside for hunting by family members. But if she knocked on the door and asked for permission...................well I think it would only be gentlemanly to show her my stand sites

05-Dec-17
"She's a 5/10 at best."

Crossbow guys are known for their poor judgement.

05-Dec-17
LOL Xbow, I hear that bullshit all the time, "that girl is hot for here but where I come from but I wouldn't let her buy me a drink." NO PM's show us some uptown hotties that will get dirty as in hunt and fish. That girl is hot on any scale, I don't believe anyone here or anywhere else is such a stud they would turn her down. This girl qualifies as "California Hot."

05-Dec-17
loprofile -- you live in Atlanta? yikes

05-Dec-17
Scoot -- My point was that is a numbers game. Someone in any small town who sees 10 girls everyday vs. someone who sees 1,000 girls everyday will have different perceptions.

05-Dec-17
PECO - Just to be clear, you are talking about the 1st post of this thread?

05-Dec-17
Next you guys will say Eva Shockey is hot lol

05-Dec-17
Yes and yes on Eva Shockey. Yes on Tiffany. Yes I get the numbers game.

05-Dec-17
If I rolled on up to NY and randomly pulled 100 women off the street, 54 of them would be hotter than this girl? Wow, learn something new everyday. Regretting I never been to NY. Pat, you give us pictures of boots instead of all the hotties roaming around your hunting property?

05-Dec-17
Peco X2

05-Dec-17
This girl is 2x better than Eva.

05-Dec-17
Been to NY. Hot chicks, shallow as hell. No thanks.

05-Dec-17
Franzen - who said 54% are better? I simply said she is a 4.6. You will find a lot of 4.6's and even lower anywhere you go. The 8's, 9's, and 10's are a rare breed. They can be found around the world, but much like a P&Y or Booner big game animal you have a better chance of seeing one in certain parts of the world when compared to others. Eva is a 2.3 by the way- I, personally, just can't get past her schnoz.

05-Dec-17
I used to work in Westchester Co. NY..........................................lots of rich "snobs" live there! ;-)

05-Dec-17
OK but half of the hot girls in NYC are trannies?

05-Dec-17
A large percentage of girls I see in NYC look pasty and sick.

05-Dec-17
I'll give you that it isn't an even distribution, but given that you are considering women worldwide, I think you are missing a huge swath of not-so-good-looking girls in your numbers. Is your scale from -10 to 10 by chance, or is the average female simply somewhere around a 2, or do you just have some a certain requirement to make a girl pretty such as fake body parts a bonus? A two is generally reserved for something kinda rough. I don't know a straight man who would consider Eva just plain rough. This is just strange.

05-Dec-17
Did TBM move to NY?

05-Dec-17
Hey folks we got a “Shallow Hal” of our very own on Bowsite.

05-Dec-17
I'm continually amazed at what we bicker about on Bowsite :)

05-Dec-17
Ah see maybe that's the issue. You guys are giving these girls extra points for hunting? To me, that is a loss. Out of state hunts are already expensive, but why would I want a girl who hunts? that would simply mean 2x the price of hunts and taxidermy work. Franz - to answer your question, a 10 is astronomically rare so 5 is not the average. I would say a 4.0 is average, the original girl posted is a 4.6 so she's slightly above average based on looks alone in that 1 picture. Eva (due to her nose) is below average, but still way above the millions of zeros out there, as well as all of the 0.1 - 2.0's....Griz - what does TBM stand for? I'll take 3 guesses - Tom Brady something with a M? Turkey Bow Master? Too Much something with a M? Roll Tide.....

05-Dec-17
Like a full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart....

05-Dec-17

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo
No face paint no make up

05-Dec-17
Forest -Kelly is a beautiful woman inside and out and gets extra points for putting up with you! Your friend on wheels

05-Dec-17
Bake X 2. Except I am over 40.

05-Dec-17
"hell I bet most of them eat tofu" LOL and they go tofu shopping in their yoga pants. Oh and they never actually do yoga.

05-Dec-17
Pathetic that instead of commenting about the trophy buck "we" are nitpicking over the hypothetical score rating of the female hunter. It's no wonder women aren't particularly interested in hunting, having to put up with so many nimrods. As one of a few Bowsiters with a daughter that hunts I say quit with the drivel.

Go visit Bigpizzaman's sheep slam thread and rather than comment about the rams or the hardships of his hunts, start bickering about what he scores on the man scale. Sheesh

05-Dec-17
Anyone who is of the opinion that Eva Shockey is average or below is pretty impressed with themselves. Figures it would be an X bow kind of guy. 99 out of 100 guys asked would strongly disagree. She is most definitely a beautiful woman and her husband is most definitely a lucky guy.

05-Dec-17
Wow, Forest Bows, what a spectacular buck! Congratulations

05-Dec-17
Hey....you guys are PLAYIN WITH FIRE ! Take it from a man who knows that the most dangerous animal that walks the planet is..,,,,,,The Double Breasted Wallet Sucker....BEWARE !

06-Dec-17
I'll bite, she's a solid 7.9-8.2 depending on my beer consumption at the time and Eva is a 6.8-7.2 Tiff L. Is a 5.5 and mellisa Bachman is 5 at best.

Here's what I don't understand. Half or more of you guys bitch about folks naming deer yet not one of you has commented on that.

06-Dec-17
Bachman a solid 7.45, no beer required.

06-Dec-17
Forest has out kicked his coverage for sure! Have you guys seen that dude?...LOL. But I guess he could say the same about me.

06-Dec-17
I'm with smarba! Every girl/woman is someones daughter! There are so many good threads on Bowsite but this is not one of them. Woman bow hunters are subjected to terrible abuse by anti-hunting organizations and then they get abuse from this side in a different way. How many of you read her entire story. Do you have a daughter?

06-Dec-17
Amen Charlie, pretty gross. Nothing wrong with the original post, it went downhill fast after that.

06-Dec-17
I guess everyone has their own perspective of her and that is ok. I thought about posting her "going fishing" pic on here but didn't. She seems like she is a true outdoor gal.

06-Dec-17
lmao at the turn this one took!

06-Dec-17
That's right Charlie! Great buck and great accomplishment! Joking is joking but it's really not funny

06-Dec-17
Xbow seems creepy. Anyone who goes to decimal places on rankings is a bit strange.

06-Dec-17
Agree with Carl and Charlie.

06-Dec-17
We have far more Matt Lauer's and Harvey Weinstein's on Bowsite than I appreciated.

06-Dec-17
A crossbow hunter from Westchester who rates women by decimal points... Reinforces everything that is repulsive about the NYC mentality.

And yes, I've spent plenty of time in the City, as well as most major cities in the US and elsewhere. I was a "jet-setter" in big business for 30 years. Women just seem to look better in NYC because of the ugliness surrounding them.

06-Dec-17
The Drury boys name all their deer.she got the job done.good for her.I've never seen women hunting when I've been in the woods.now there is a group called women in the outdoors.

06-Dec-17
Every time I see guys rate a women 1-10 I'm reminded of a good old Bobby Bare song about doing just that...didn't turn out so good for him either.

06-Dec-17
smarba and Charlie x 100! What a pathetic man one must be to sit and publicly rate a "HUNTER" in a hunting success picture. She is a "HUNTER" period, NOT YOUR STUPID DECIMAL POINTS! What a puke and a disappointment to see on bowsite. GROW UP!

BTW your ignorant comment about her not turning any heads? Look at the picture Einstein, she is clearly turning that bucks head towards the camera and GOOD FOR HER!

06-Dec-17
Back to our regular program...

It is very cool that women are participating more in outdoor sports such as hunting and fishing. We need the diversity in the future.

06-Dec-17
Forest - That's a beautiful deer. Congratulations to the hunter.

Charlie - I agree 100% as a father of a beautiful daughter who hunts.

06-Dec-17
South Farm, good one :)

06-Dec-17
Just read this thread and thankfully find Charlie’s and others’ posts towards the end refreshing. I was very disturbed at home some men think about women there for a while.

My wife doesn’t hunt. Would I enjoy it if she did? Absolutely. What could be better than sharing that joy with my wife? You’re worried about the cost? Yikes.

I also have a daughter who is 3. I’ll make sure she never ends up in NYC.

06-Dec-17
Mods: Lock this thread. Then delete it from sight.

06-Dec-17
"I’ll make sure she never ends up in NYC" I would also make sure she never ends up on Bowsite

06-Dec-17
Blondes aren't my choice so she's average.

06-Dec-17
I just checked back with this thread hoping it had turned. Thank goodness! Yikes, it takes all kinds for sure. I too instantly thought of old bobby bare when Xbow started making his pig like posts. And Charlie x1000

06-Dec-17
I gotta say that I'm sorry if some of those comments were directed at me. I was honestly really just trying to defend those couple girls that I think were just being essentially shamed. In full disclosure, I'm not ashamed to say whether a girl is good looking though. Every girl is someone's daughter, so all those wives and girlfriends out there have certainly been thought about in a manner not approved by their fathers, albeit not publicly.

06-Dec-17
So you guys who are offended never look at other women and appreciate their beauty or have impure thoughts? Oh but the difference is you keep those thoughts to yourself, well that's fine. However when the stud player from NY (who has not yet posted a picture of his 10 girlfriend) starts spouting off, I, like Franzen and most of the others who rated or commented on these women's beauty were standing up for them.

06-Dec-17
Agree this is some real "ick" factor going on here, but Charlie et. al. here is where I see a slight distinction: I am kind of new at this whole Dad thing, but I largely view my job as the father of a beautiful young daughter to raise her in a way that when she strikes out on her own in this world, that she doesn't feel compelled to post photos of the provocative nature that this young lady does on her instagram. In doing so, she opens herself up to commentary from a multitude of weirdos and creeps, and therein lies the life lessons of modesty and humility.

And if she wants to hunt I will 110% be along for the ride, but we ain't naming no damn deer either!

06-Dec-17
I don't think anyone is above admiring a woman.

When you read through the posts some of the undertone essentially boils all that a woman is down to a decimal on a number scale just ain't right. One comment here or there I don't think anyone really cares about, it's when the argument starts to go back and forth it reads as though some men really don't appreciate the human that a woman is. The joking became serious. As if to say they're worthless or nothing if they aren't the perfect picture of beauty. Eva Shockey has a nose that you don't like, so then the undertone of the comments is just "toss her to the side," or "who really gives a rip about her." Again, I think it's tough to say exactly what is wrong with the above, but when you read serious undertones about belittling a woman down to a number or because of a physical characteristic she has, it is bothersome. Women struggle so mightily with their physical appearance, I can't imagine the scores of women who come on bowsite and never comment. Now they hear people comment about a beautiful woman like Eva Shockey being "not worth looking at" and thinking of themselves as less than her, and then really getting down on themselves. There is so much pressure on women to look as amazing as fake magazine photos, and I do not think any woman would be uplifted by reading this thread.

I guarantee you there are women who wish they could look like Eva, and then guys say "oh how could you think she's beautiful cause of her schnoz" or whatever the heck the retarded comment above was, and then they are even more down on themselves.

Listen, I don't think any dude is above admiring women, heck maybe you even use a number to describe how beautiful they are, whatever. It's when people start DEGRADING women down to a number as if that's all they are to them I think it becomes a problem. My opinion anyways.

06-Dec-17
Goodness. We got some real clowns here. What a joke. Make a comment about my wife or daughters like that and i guarantee you i'd turn ur head. Charlie is spot on. The guys that say this kinda stuff CAN'T know what its like to have a daughter....

06-Dec-17
A Pauls, Thank you for a spot on worded post. This is not about some guys chiming in to support a popular member of our community. And yes, as a man I certainly notice physical beauty. But anyone married for any length of time knows inner beauty is much more important.

If I had a daughter I would not want a bunch of men reducing her to a numerical rating system. While I like Forest's wife, who is beautiful, presentation of looking like a person would be expected to look as a hunter, women who choose to look more glamorous with make-up, nails, hairdos etc. while participating in outdoor activities are just recognizing the fact that it is a male driven market and that is what we are looking for. They realize they must get noticed, and men really drive that reality.

Maybe I am getting old, but I was jealous of the bucks before I looked at the hunter. Or maybe I am just happily married to the right woman!

06-Dec-17
And I thought a 10 was a 4 with a six pack under her arm.

06-Dec-17
I give Jim Shockey a 10. Man has niiiiiiice hair. And when he wears those tight fittin' jeans....................um................

06-Dec-17
"Maybe I am getting old"....... no maybe about it..... =D

Good story, she stuck with it and got it done. Hope she has the same happen with her music career, good luck.

LOL! "Forrest out kicked his coverage...." that was funny, I don't care who ya are....... heheheheh....

06-Dec-17
All I know is one poster is a 4.6/10 as a person. No, on further thought, make that a 3.6

06-Dec-17
What can I say.....I'm a real good kicker!!!!

06-Dec-17
Xbow sent you a PM for a pic of your wife you offered up. I need to recalibrate my 1-10 scale so that should help.

06-Dec-17
APauls X3.....

07-Dec-17
Great to see her out there with a stud of a buck to boot. With that said, while some of you are wrapped up on her looks I was pondering a few other details....

1st) the 208 hours she spent hunting that deer, which I find interesting. I've personally never counted hours before, but I've kept track of days/ sits. Why the 208 hours detail? Is it to validate her dedication in the eyes of scrutinizing men? (Guilty myself - see my next point of pondering)

2nd) The other thing I wondered is if she hung the treestands, and or did the scouting?

I get that we need to embrace women in the hunting community, I'm all for it. They're one of, if not the fastest growing demographic in the "industry". With that said though its hard not to feel like, for some women, it is largely done for the attention. I.e.: instagram and fb selfies, and trophy photo posts in full makeup etc. Are they really doing it for themselves? If no outlet for pictures, or social media existed would they still do it? Did they do the work leading up to the kill? Did their boyfriend, family, spouse, or some gullible (sucker) who thinks hes gonna get lucky post them up in the treestand or blind- all for the instagram pic? I realize the social media thing goes the same for guys too.... some thrive on the attention.

07-Dec-17
Wow this really took off in the last 2 days- this is hilarious. If Dave Portnoy (Barstool Prez) can use decimals to rate pizza, why can't I use decimals?

07-Dec-17
I'm with Joey, Jim S. is an 8.75 in my book. Of course, in NYC he'd only be a 4.6

07-Dec-17
Jim Shockey currently a 10? Jim Shockey currently a 8.75? What would David Beckham or Ben Afleck be then? something isn't adding up. Btw, I got Tiffany Lekosky over Eva Shockey hands down. What about Katie Van Slyke- I think she is over Tiffany and Eva.

07-Dec-17
Lee L. over Jim S.

07-Dec-17
PECO - you are wrong. Goatees are creepy. You gotta go with old man Jimbo.

07-Dec-17
Love all this second guessing on how hard women work at hunting. Doesn't really make any difference. Any woman who gets out and gets it done is aces in my book. Or do we want to start second guessing all men's effort and motivation as well? I have a friend who lives 5 hours away and comes hunting with me every year, so I do all the work with stands, etc. Should we be cutting in to guys like him? And my wife would want makeup if I took a picture of her cleaning out the garage, just what women do, so not really much meat on that bone.

Just took a young woman hunting that works for me and got her a deer. She also has worked in a deer processing factory before she worked for me, and is a real "cut up". Won't ever be posting a picture of her with a deer on this forum. Not worth it with the way some people flippantly respond to that. You may call it hilarious, I call it never leaving Jr. High behind. If you want to delve into how social media affects things why don't you discuss that: The fact that some men find it amusing to get on an internet forum and act like a 6th grader. But hey, its only on the internet, right??

The video I want to see is one of everyone's wife (and/or daughter) reading this thread. Me suspects they would not find it that hilarious

07-Dec-17
My daughter has already read it TX. I used it as a great teaching tool for her about what and how she posts things on social media and online and how some may see it or react to it. It was also a great eye opener for her to see that not everyone on Bowsite or the internet in general are nice people. Threads like this do serve a purpose.

07-Dec-17
You naysayers act like you don't notice and mentally judge a hot girl. Or even talk about her in the shop with your buddies. Get off your high horses. Women objectify men in the exact same way. Look at all the backlash Blake Shelton just got for being named sexiest man of 2017. Being truthful, my wife would probably consider me a 6.7-8 depending on how cleaned up I get. Should I feel offended? In the end it's guys talking "guy talk". Stop acting like you aren't guilty of it too. I'm sure that my wife's male patients judge her on a daily basis. Should I be jealous or mad? It's human nature folks.

07-Dec-17
So now people have to JUSTIFY the pics they take, what they do and who they share it with and how, how they dress, how they look..... if they REALLY did things all by their lonesome or had help...... did they "really" hunt...... because...... why? So someone else can justify their own "standings" in their own "book"?

Good grief. Little wonder anybody posts anything. The negatives are lined up ready to take shots. I could have done that too. They had money. Leased land. Auction tags. Trail cams. Named the deer. High tech equipment. Too far a shot. Bad angle. Food plots. Guided. Should have passed that animal. Had to fill a tag. Had to kill something. Drew a lucky tag. Took a bad shot. Got lucky on a bad shot. Just got lucky period. Shouldn't have been hunting in the rain..... etc, etc.....

The fewer people that post hunts here the poorer we all are for it. If a hunt doesn't meet your high standards..... then suck it up and keep it to yourself, that shows far more self control anyway..... you want to dwell in negative about someone else.... please do so alone. I'd rather hear a good story than have to listen to a bunch of negative whining.....

Not that a person can't whine...... just start your own thread, bring plenty of cheese and own it.... all of it.....

Good for her. Made a good shot with sharp sticks. Great buck. Congrats! It's not that hard.....for most anyway....

07-Dec-17
Crusader, that is very different that essentially calling a SPECIFIC girl ugly on an open forum. Women have a lot more tied up emotionally in their looks than we do, and I for one am not going to do something that could hurt a woman in that way. I was raised differently I guess. Sorry, but "its just the internet, get over it" still doesn't cut it.

If you knew that young woman in the first post, would you still think it is funny? Also, when you are on facebook and someone posts a picture of their baby, you might think "not an attractive baby", but I bet you don't post those thoughts.

07-Dec-17
"I call it never leaving Jr. High behind"

Perfect description.

07-Dec-17
Is this the community forum I stumbled on? Enough already!

07-Dec-17
I'm not on any high horse, I'm just not wallowing in the filth.

What happened on here is totally different than guy talk in some closed room. If Xbow up there was in a room was talking to Eva 1 on 1 would he be calling her ugly? Making passing remarks at her nose? (which I've never noticed any issue with, not that I have seen much of her, don't have cable) His assinine remarks will be on the internet until the dawn of time. Would he say those things on a FOX TV news interview? Well guess what buddy, with the amount of internet traffic this site gets, it might as well be.

These women are bowhunters. Where do you think they cruise the internet when they're bored and want some bowhunting banter? Could it be that they cruise bowsite and read these retarded comments? I'd be willing to lay odds they read bowsite. It's the best! Until you see Sh*$ like this.

Crusader Dad, I'm guessing you're not a dad of girls. Either way, remarking with your buddy that a women is hot or what not is completely different than what has happened here. A) it's not as negative or condescending, and B) it isn't in a public forum.

07-Dec-17
Thanks APaul, I was struggling for the words to say I didn't like this thread.

I will keep the thoughts about the girl to myself,

the deer, wow nice

the thing I was stuck on was something Saddlereaper pointed out

208 hours on stand, with a cameraman, I assume the cameraman was an employee earning 20.00 an hour, double that to pay work comp and taxes. just that would make it an $8320.00 deer. Yikes. just sayin oz

• Sitka Gear