txbowchic's embedded Photo
MATHEWS AVAIL
MATHEWS AVAIL
BOW KILL USING MY GHOSTBLIND...NEVER SAW ME AT 20YDS
BOW KILL USING MY GHOSTBLIND...NEVER SAW ME AT 20YDS
I purchased my ghostblind in September this year. I had been looking at them for quite sometime but just wasn't sure about the price vs. effectiveness. I broke down and ordered the blind and the carrying backpack since the price has gone down some since they first come out. The thing I love most about the blind is how I can easily take it anywhere and set it up quickly. it literally takes me under 2 minutes to set it completely up. it comes with stakes and tie downs but honestly I have never used them. If you look at the photo you can see I just find a limb and prop it up with that wedged in one of the carrying handle holes. Simple and the reflection of the limb blends in nicely. However, I have never used the blind in heavy winds. In that case, I may have benefited from using the stakes and tie downs. I also love that I can use this blind in any setting. Grassy fields to thicker wooded areas or brush. The mirrored panels do an excellent job of reflecting the environment. I have never had an issue with sun glare either because if set up properly, it tilts down a bit. The mylar mirrored side folds to the inside also if you are concerned with it getting scratched or dinged up during transport so this has never been an issue. I think minor dings and scratches wouldn't hinder its effectiveness anyway.

I would definitely recommend the carrying backpack. I also sit on a small folding stool that I slip into the backpack with the blind. it fits snug but no problems zipping it all up inside. The blind has carrying handles and a small strap, but if you are carrying anything else it would be almost impossible to handle. The blind and backpack is rather large and I was worried about it being heavy and just awkward to carry through the woods. Im about 155 pounds and had no problem with the weight of it for about a mile hike. The only bothersome note was that when I was walking through heavily wooded area or lots of brush the top of it would catch and hang up on branches and limbs, but nothing major. The backpack also has extra pockets to carry along any extras you need to.

I have not hunted in the snow with this blind. I live in Texas and we just don't see snow that often. I have hunted in the rain with it a few times and if you wipe it down with a dry cloth afterwards, you shouldn't have any problems. If it sits in any amount of water or mud for very long you will notice that it will cause the panel edges to separate a little, but that's a no brainer.

Im only 5"5 so I don't need the extensions for my blind. If you are a taller person, I would strongly suggest getting the extensions to give you added coverage. They are like $26 on Amazon, so not too bad. I am a bowhunter and I can tell you that you have to be careful when drawing and shooting an arrow. The grooves in the blind are plenty big just make sure your sitting far enough behind the blind that you don't hit it with your stabilizer when you draw.

Overall I think this blind is well worth the money. It transports easily and literally takes seconds to set up. I have had several kills using it and most were under 30 yards. Not one time did the hog or deer ever even have a clue I was there.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I hope this review at least helps one person out!! Happy and Safe Hunting.... find me on instagram @txbowchic

05-Dec-17

05-Dec-17
Great review,I too have been considering one for a few years,my concern is raising up to shoot,,have you been busted ? The reflecting the surroundings idea is genius,,thx and good luck with it,and congrats on the hog!!

05-Dec-17
I’ve had one for a few years, it’s a good tool to have and will absolutely fool deer! Not great in high winds. I also wish it was taller, I have the extensions but they are kind of a joke.

05-Dec-17
How much of a field of view do you have for shooting through the slots?

05-Dec-17
Spike78 I have never had a problem with the field of view. Of course if the animal was less than 10 yards it may be a problem but there are several grooves that are several inches wide that provide a very adequate shooting lane. Once I drew back and looked through the peep, the blind didn't enter by sight at all. I have never hunted with a gun behind the blind but im sure it would be the same.

05-Dec-17
The Last Savage: I have not been busted yet. On the hog shot I even raised up slightly where my head was over the top of the blind and didn't get busted. Just be really careful not to bump the blind with your bow or gun because it is pretty loud when bumped.

06-Dec-17
Seems a little too good to be true. Sure you're not trying to sell these? You really know what mylar is? And a woman telling her weight?? My red flags are way up

06-Dec-17
Gotcha. Thx for the input.....great to see a gal on here!!good luck hunting..

06-Dec-17
Nice review but I agree it sounds like a sales pitch. I have seen them in the store, pretty flimsy looking and I still believe they are way overpriced.

06-Dec-17
my experience with the Ghost blinds is, turkeys ignore them, deer pick them off immediately. Gave mine to a turkey hunter.

10-Dec-17
GRUNTER AND PECO: LOL I WISH THEY WOULD GIVE ME SOME PAYMENT THEN. I ONLY POSTED THIS REVIEW BECAUSE I SAW A SIMILAR REVIEW SOME TIME AGO BUT NEVER BOUGHT ONE. AFTER PURCHASING AND USING MINE I WANTED TO WRITE A REVIEW TO MAYBE HELP OTHERS BECAUSE I GET ASKED ABOUT IT QUITE A BIT FROM PEOPLE WHO SEE MY PICS ON FACEBOOK. MY SON BORROWED MINE AND NOW HAS ASKED FOR ONE FOR CHRISTMAS. IF IM PITCHING SALES FOR ANYTHING ITS BECAUSE I BOUGHT AND HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCES WITH THE PRODUCT. SAME FOR PAMPERED CHEF COOKWARE IF YOU WANT A REVIEW ON THAT LOL. AND AS FOR POSTING MY WEIGHT, IM COMFORTABLE WITH WHO I AM SO WHY WOULD I CARE IF ANYONE KNOWS MY WEIGHT OR MY AGE FOR THAT MATTER, WHICH IS 45. NO SALES PITCH HERE... DONT BELIEVE JUST FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @TXBOWCHIC. HAPPY HUNTING YALL

10-Dec-17
if it sounds good buy it and if it doesn't don't. she is just being helpful......why the skepticism

10-Dec-17
Showme says deer pick them off. Is their anyone who has positive reviews on this for deer as that would be my main game if I bought one?

10-Dec-17
I'm skeptical because I've seen them in the store and to me they are way overpriced. It irritates me when you have to buy the blind, the extensions, and the carry pack separate. All of that seems to be necessary, so it should come as a unit. I would be on board with giving it a try if I could get the whole unit for around $100. I'm not putting this in the same category as I put Ozonics and HECS, to me it is just way overpriced for what it is. I do just fine ground hunting without it. If it works for txbowchick in her hunting environment, great, money well spent on her part. Just my .02. And, call me crazy but I don't have an instagram account.

10-Dec-17
Glad to see Instagram posts have made it to Bowsite. I’m not sure how we got along without them all these years

10-Dec-17
My brother bought me one for helping him build an addition onto his house. I only groundhunt and use it in a couple of cutoffs. I have killed several deer with it at close range and one bear that was 10 feet away. Never face the setting sun with it. It reflects it towards the deer. I use the extensions. I stash it under a blowdown and set it up in seconds if I choose to sit there. I spent the season hunting 2 bucks and shot one of them two days ago so I am done. I will hike up into a cut tomorrow to retrieve the ghostblind which is now laying under a foot of snow. The ghostblind is not an answer to everything, but in some situations is deadly.

10-Dec-17
I have one, they work great with turkeys.

TMBB

10-Dec-17
Totally reads like an ad.

Didn't Pat post something about that recently?

Has txbowchic been here before? If so, my apologies.

11-Dec-17
I posted a very similar review this past spring. I bought mine to try in a problematic turkey habitat area. Worked better than advertised. I felt like grandfather in “Little Big Man” ...........I’m invisible. Best feature is you can run & gun, game does not have to get used to it because they never see it! Kinda surprised someone had negative results with deer. I never once got busted and had them so close often I’d hear them feeding before I even saw them. Several fed within ten feet without a clue. And you can hunt field edges because even across a wide open field with zero cover they never detected me. But I’ll be using mine mostly for turkey because for deer I want my scent 30’ up.

11-Dec-17
I was all enthused with the Ghost Blind until I set it up in the woods and had every deer over two days pick it off. Turkeys walk up right to it. Maybe I was on an east ridge or something, deer for my test failed, and I really didn't want it to.

11-Dec-17
I always was interested in that ghostblind but have never seen one in the flesh. I would like to try it on our Axis deer. Maybe now when Cabelas has free shipping a ghostblind may be coming my way.

12-Dec-17
Smooth

14-Dec-17
Works great for run and gun set ups and setting up on field edges. The only time I've been busted was on an overcast day where it probably created a shadow or appeared darker than its surroundings. I've found that it works best on sunny days.

• Sitka Gear