Charlie Rehor 06-Dec-17
The last savage 06-Dec-17
sitO 06-Dec-17
Medicinemann 06-Dec-17
Quinn @work 06-Dec-17
patience2spare 06-Dec-17
SBH 06-Dec-17
06-Dec-17
The ethical thing would have been to tackle it and remove the rope and let it go. Then track it down in the snow and try to kill it. Some people!

06-Dec-17
Bizarre!

I bet that bull used to drive the herds crazy, with his constant rattling.

06-Dec-17
So the antlers hanging around his neck are a year old? WOW! I assume the near asphixiation leads to harder eating, that thing almost looks choked out. Prob why his rack looks smaller this year than last.

06-Dec-17
I think Hackbow nailed it. Antler trap gone bad. Or someone had the antlers tied up and the elk found them and started fighting with them. Perhaps someone had made an elk decoy and it went horribly wrong! I would guess it happened just before the rifle guy shot him as he’s too healthy to have been denied eating and breathing normally all that long.

06-Dec-17
THATS MY ROPE!!!!!! ..I had that bull tied down and...........well forget it....

06-Dec-17
Who knew "Bubbles" was an Elk hunter?

06-Dec-17
Kinda looks like the one antler might have gored him (at least to some extent), doesn't it?

06-Dec-17
Sito- when he's not out stealing shopping carts he goes elk hunting. :)

06-Dec-17

patience2spare's embedded Photo
patience2spare's embedded Photo
This is my Dad's whitetail from this October 27th. It had about 50feet of livestock hotwire wrapped around his antlers with 2 loops around his neck. I am certain that if Dad had not killed the buck it would have worn its sheds like a necklace - much the same as I figure this bull is wearing from the previous season.

Interestingly, this is the 3rd buck we have seen or killed with this livestock electric fencing wrapped around its neck and antlers in 2 seasons... Pete

06-Dec-17
Wow. Thats crazy. Never seen anything like it.

• Sitka Gear