WV Mountaineer 13-Dec-17
wyobullshooter 13-Dec-17
Bowboy 13-Dec-17
Brun 13-Dec-17
Nesser 14-Dec-17
goelk 15-Dec-17
Ermine 17-Dec-17
12-Dec-17
The elk talk has slowed down here since its mid-December so here is a short video clip to get your 'elk juices' flowing.

We spotted this bull feeding about 100yds ahead of us. Made quick a setup with 2 callers behind the shooter, - me - up front/right of the camera.

Only cow calls were used... and the bull made not a sound :)

12-Dec-17
States it's not available.

12-Dec-17
All fixed now!

12-Dec-17
How many did we call in last season that came in silent? 4 or 5 not counting the spike?

12-Dec-17
Nick

Those are the ones That we saw! :)

12-Dec-17
That was a good one Brad!!! How close was he? Wind or did he see movement?

12-Dec-17
Ucsdryder If you look close when the bull stops and turns his head, you will see my arrow zip into him.

Just before I shot I had to move slightly and he saw me.

12-Dec-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here he is

12-Dec-17
So ... if he didn't make a sound ... how'd you know he was there? How'd you know he was coming?

12-Dec-17
‘Tick Re-read the first post :)

12-Dec-17
Jeez, Brad ... you didn't have to make me look stoopid.

13-Dec-17
Excellent! Apparently, "spot and call" still works. The hard part is spotting them, before they spot you! That was my downfall this Season :^(

Best of Luck, Jeff

13-Dec-17
Wow great vid and great bull. As good as it gets.

13-Dec-17
Awesome bull!

13-Dec-17
Sweet video. How far was the shot? Looks like he had time to start turn and load up before the arrow ruined his day.

13-Dec-17
Here is the entire video from the hunt.

I was hunting in Unit 61 Colorado - 2012. Shot him Aug 31, 3rd morning of the hunt. I didnt realize my buddy was filming when the bull came in. Sure was fun! Shot was about 48yds

Warning: man hugs and good times included :)

13-Dec-17
Cool, Is that a chunk of mud on his front shoulder or did someone nail it with an arrow earlier?

13-Dec-17
Nice video,,,,thx for taking the time to post it,,,

13-Dec-17
Yeah Dilly, thinking the same thing - looks like someone tried to push an arrow through his shoulder bone.

13-Dec-17
Nah, it was just a bunch of pine pitch

13-Dec-17
I was just going to ask the same thing lol. I might watch the video about the whole hunt, but is there any high 5's or fist pumps? Cause then I surely couldn't watch it ;) Joy and celebrating are not allowed ya know.

13-Dec-17
Awesome Bull man

13-Dec-17
Brad, that is way cool! I became a believer in the "silent bull" many years ago. Got to camp late morning, so I decided to just go up to a favorite place early afternoon and see if I could get a response. It was early season and hot, so I didn't have high expectations. I was right about not getting any responses, but I had 3 bulls come in silent in a 30 minute period.

13-Dec-17
Congrats Brad thanks for sharing.

13-Dec-17
I've had many bulls come in silent and unknown to me, only to run off after I decided it was time to move. I don't know the number, but I would have to take off my shoes to count high enough. It seems like a hard lesson to learn, at least for me. The best story I have of this involved a really noisy pine squirrel that wouldn't shut up. My hunting partner got so annoyed he took out a judo point and shot the squirrel, pinning it to the trunk of the tree. It was too high for us to reach so we decided to throw rocks at the arrow in an attempt to recover it. As we threw rocks they broke branches and fell all around us with nice loud thumps. Unbeknownst to us, this activity brought a bull right on top us us. After about 5 minutes of unsuccessful throwing rocks I took a break and looked up to see a bull just looking at us as if to say "what are you guys doing?" Needless to say he didn't stick around long enough to get an answer...... So yes they come in silent a lot and it's easy to stand there with a rock in your hand and your bow on the ground.

14-Dec-17
Such a great video Brad! I was in 61 the same season and they didn't make a peep the first 8-10 days then it turned into complete mayhem. Opening weekend I had 5 bulls feeding in a meadow with cows and no bugling at all. By the 10th of September the bugling was almost nonstop.

15-Dec-17
I remember once my brother and i were eating lunch leading against a fellan tree and was just screwing around with our calls when i decided to stand up to strech and turn around and a bull was standimg there not less than ten yards. I tried to tell my brother there was a bull behind us and he just say yea right. We did get the bull my brother shot him from under the tree

17-Dec-17
Oh yea they come in silent all the time. Especially when it’s early season

• Sitka Gear