swede 18-Dec-17
trophyhill 17-Jan-18
ColoBull 17-Jan-18
TrapperKayak 17-Jan-18
Buyse 17-Jan-18
drycreek 17-Jan-18
BTM 18-Jan-18
16-Dec-17
Tagging off the ‘other’ thread, I have some premo elk spots in my gps for Wyoming and Colorado (25+ years worth in Colorado)

What if I were to sell them?

What’s the value?

Is it legal?

Any interest? Lol!

16-Dec-17
What's a GPS?

16-Dec-17
Do I get "happy ending"???

16-Dec-17
Wanna trade for my halibut holes off the north coast of BC?

16-Dec-17

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo

16-Dec-17
Someone’s stirring the pot!!! I have a feeling there isn’t a dollar figure that would replace those spots. The memories of “over by that tree...” are irreplaceable.

16-Dec-17
There was a guy on the Colorado forum doing this very thing last year. Not sure if he ever made a deal or not.........

16-Dec-17
Airplanes are generally how the trophies are located.

16-Dec-17
I'll need a copy of your outfitters license first....????

16-Dec-17
The industry standard rate is based on carcass count, with trophy fees. Id propose a case of beer upfront, and bottle of crown for 6 points or better. Anything below that, it's jack Daniels. If I shoot a cow, you pack it out so things are fair and reasonable. Deal?

Also if it is flat ground with Meadows and aspens, the beer is fort Collins finest, 90 schilling. If your going to send me into that beetle kill blown disaster then it's Pabst blue ribbon.

16-Dec-17
^^^^ Grashopper^^^^^ Plus a bottle of Johny Walker Blue (da Gewd Sheet)! if I tag out on day one!

16-Dec-17
I'd love to have them. If you take IOU's. :^)

16-Dec-17
Brad, you shouldn't have left your gps in the truck that one time when you were sleeping.

Guys, pm me for a better deal. :) :) :)

16-Dec-17
Midwest do you take payments in beer or whiskey? Lol

16-Dec-17
Yes!

16-Dec-17
I'm in for $13.00. let's get this going!!

16-Dec-17
midwest pm sent. Thank god for naps

16-Dec-17
Just looked. There are about 100 waypoints.

I’m thinking $500 each should cover them :)

Ante up boys - lol :)

16-Dec-17

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Cnelk how many waypoints can I get for the location of this Wyoming bull?

16-Dec-17
Michael

It depends on how far he travels and if you can keep up :)

16-Dec-17
Elk hunting is overrated, especially for what they charge for a non resident tag now. Colorado is way overrated. I've seen more elk and had more encounters in New Mexico in one day, than I did in over four weeks of hunting in Colorado.

16-Dec-17
Well I'm the man you want for NM waypoints... only $400/....

16-Dec-17
Call mossback.

16-Dec-17
Are the 25 year old waypoints cheaper than ones grom this year? Do bulls stay in the same place for 25 years?

17-Dec-17
For 1/2 of what Cnelk ends up getting I will sell a long list of gps coordinates to places where the elk aren't. Thats 1/2 the battle right there for 1/2 the price.

17-Dec-17
Ok you have waypoints I need....i have WI cheese, beer-brats-bourbon (3 essential b's). I'll even throw in a Packers cheesehead with the deal (that alone is worth it) let's make a deal?!

17-Dec-17

Don K's Link
Might want to see if this guy made any cash

17-Dec-17
The serious way it is done is by marking with air flights. The Breaks of Montana had pilots working overtime this fall to locate elk herds, and trophies. This is real and just the way it is done in today's world.

17-Dec-17
Call me paranoid, but I've wondered if some computer saavy loser could hack a computer and steal a guy's waypoints.

17-Dec-17
First of all, you could give those way points to 100 hunters and I would bet less than 5 percent would score.

Secondly, another sad commentary on what hunting has become in the modern age, I think the word hunting needs to be changed. With trails cams, gps waypoints and all the tech involved hunting is no longer hunting, it's shopping. I'm sure if you write up a paragraph or two with some pics of some 370 inch bulls on the post and I bet you could get a nice little sum from some guy who has to much money and not enough skill when it comes to hunting. Your way points will be his magic bullet at least in his mind. I think you might get maximum dollars if you put them on Ebay and let the bidding begin. What kind of gurauntee are you going to give with the purchase?

17-Dec-17
I might be your huckleberry and you will be able to sell your spots one by one year by year and get some good $$ in return.

Our upcoming "scouting" site will utilize every thing we can including airplane scouting to get our clients on the best possible animals.

17-Dec-17
Sold pending payment

17-Dec-17
Just a fun thread :) Thanks for playing

No way would I sell any information. Too much time invested to waste them that way. I may show some spots to certain people, but not many. Thats the real reward

Stayed tuned for future success pics with those certain people

17-Dec-17
Dang!!! I just sold my halibut spots to another bowsiter for cash and was going to make you an offer.

17-Dec-17
Brad, some of those waypoints I sold you were bogus in the beginning. Like the subprime mortgage fiasco, I bundled them with a few good ones and sold you the whole package to get more out of the deal.

17-Dec-17
Lou

I give the bogus places to so-called outfitters :)

18-Dec-17
There all in blowdown now no wonder you want to sell them

18-Dec-17
You can't hunt them all!

18-Dec-17
Lou, I knew that one place you told me about was bogus..thats ok I send a few guys I ran into at the trailhead there just to make sure they stayed away from the real hunting! And Ned, keep spreading the word that CO elk is junk..Anybody who refers a buddy to NM or WY is a-okay by me!

18-Dec-17
I think the value could vary a lot. I.e. "Water hole/wallow that gets elk usage on average three times a week. Three persons have killed 14 elk here in the last 8 years. Nine of the elk were branched bulls with the largest green scoring 320 P&Y." Vs. "Untested water hole/wallow that shows frequent elk use from July 1 until the opening of archery season." Looking at this another way, I could sell a bunch of waypoints from the second category with no problem. If I sold one from the first group, I would need go into the government's witness protection program.

17-Jan-18
One can only surmise that A) you've singlehandedly & significantly caused a decline in the elk population or

B) those units have become overrun with hunters which takes us back to A) significant decline in population ;)

17-Jan-18
As perhaps the author of the "other" thread, let me say there was some genuine interest, some outrage, some innuendo, and a lot of general discussion. I especially liked the humor. In the end, I decided to pass. It just wasn't worth the hassle. We get a certain amount of satisfaction watching the planes flying over and not spot the hidey holes & herd bulls. 'New hunters showing up with GPS's & maps, and watching them head away from where we've learned the elk actually are. Don't get me wrong - we do feel sorry for them, just not enough to give away our "secrets". Some of them may eventually figure it out the hard way, just like we did. How much is 2 cumulative years of ground pounding elk hunting, over the course of a couple decades worth? Go figure... The experiences alone have been priceless.

17-Jan-18
'Elk hunting is overrated'...LOL! That's priceless.

I have plenty of elk waypoints stored too......in my head. No need for techno gadgets, but thanks for the ''ffer'. :)

17-Jan-18
How much to rent the way points? Ha.

17-Jan-18
I got some primo hog spots I'll sell. You can have 'em all, from the rooter to the tooter ! :-)

18-Jan-18
I've hacked into Game and Fish's tracking collars computer. If you want REAL TIME data and not old stuff, PM me with your bids. :)

• Sitka Gear