jims 23-Dec-17
Lee 23-Dec-17
pirogue 31-Dec-17
pirogue 31-Dec-17
Cobie33 31-Dec-17
wkochevar 31-Dec-17
Mertyman 02-Jan-18
22-Dec-17
I'm starting to have a sizable pile of turkey fans in my garage that I have dried out over the years. Some of you guys are darn creative and have come up with some pretty cool ways of displaying your trophies, etc. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a creative way to display multiple turkey fans other than the ordinary plaque mounts, etc you see? Thanks and Merry Christmas all!

22-Dec-17

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Not mine but here's a space saver.

22-Dec-17
That's pretty cool !!

22-Dec-17
Open two turkey tail feathers 180 degrees and salt so they stay open. Stick together so you have a 360 degree circle of tail feathers then put a clock in the center. Marvelous!

22-Dec-17
Nice Kodiak! I like that!

Charlie, that is a nice idea. I'm actually hopeful that someday my daughter and I will double. Then I'd like to do the tails like that and put our photo in the middle.

22-Dec-17
I have a file folder stand that holds 5-6 tails and it looks nice sitting on the floor.

22-Dec-17
I just did the unthinkable with mine this past summer. Finally got tired of them just collecting dust and dirt and threw them all into the garbage. Probably had 30+ of them that I’d accumulated over the years. I did keep 1 Eastern and 1 Merriams and that’s it.

-Mitch

22-Dec-17
Photo would work as well. Just get a circular photo the same size as the quilts befor the nice feathers. Good luck!

22-Dec-17
I give mine to my sister who makes decorative wreaths out if them. Some get sold, others donated to NWTF banquets or the National Convention. They look neat of course the fan isn't whole, but the feathers from it are still there.

23-Dec-17

Reload's embedded Photo
Reload's embedded Photo
Same idea of Cobie, usually takes up 4-6 tail fans depending on size. I strip off all quills and have used 8-10 inch donut foam rings. Allows you to assort feathers in any configuration and is truly a beautiful piece once completed.

23-Dec-17
Kodiak's pic above is a great idea! I bet it would mighty impressive having a set of turkey slam tail feathers in a group. Adding beards and spurs would be even more impressive. There are a lot of creative ways to show-case tail feathers, beards, and spurs. Love the wreaths as well!

23-Dec-17
Never kept a fan - keep the beard and Spurs. Cut the Spurs off on either side and peel them down to the bone and out the Spurs on a hoop.

31-Dec-17
Reload, that is nice looking.

31-Dec-17
Reload, that is nice looking.

31-Dec-17
Yep just like the pic Reliad has shown. It does look great when you add in Merriam feathers or Rio feathers with the Eastern's. My sister would also add grapevine and small antler sheds in the larger wreaths.

31-Dec-17
OOoops, disregard... :-)

02-Jan-18

Mertyman's embedded Photo
Mertyman's embedded Photo
I don't have room for multiple tails, so in looking for ideas I found this online and had a woodworker make the shadow boxes for me out of barnwood from a friend's family farm. I left the tags out on mine though as I didn't like the hot pink tag in the rustic wood piece.

• Sitka Gear