David A. 01-Jan-18
Jack Harris 01-Jan-18
David A. 02-Jan-18
Fuzz 02-Jan-18
pawpaw 03-Jan-18
Zbone 03-Jan-18
loprofile 03-Jan-18
31-Dec-17
I have the magnum rack call. EZ to use, sounds "plausible" - but what has your experience been with the magnum or the regular pack rack rattling calls?

31-Dec-17
It’s bigger than the regular and louder.

us the real thing it is better. I let my set dangle down on my bow pull up rope and bounce them off the ground and in the leafs for a more realistic sound .

31-Dec-17
Yes, it works. Smash it harder than you think you should.

01-Jan-18
Could hear guys on the next property banging on them this past fall. Sounded exactly like what it is. Plastic.

I wanted to get off the stand walk over and ask them to throw it in the recycle bin :)

Scott

01-Jan-18
I've used the regular size... In 2014, I called in a very nice buck with the pack rack, bowhunting in Minnesota . It didn't offer me a shot. Later that week I called in two respectable bucks on consecutive days on a rifle hunt in North Dakota. I killed the second one. The following year I spooked a buck tending a doe using the pack rack. In 2016 I was armed only with a camera because I was already tagged out, but I was able to call in another respectable buck. I think I only used it once this year with no results. In short, I like it. Mike

01-Jan-18
I think it boils down to what’s traditional and whats cheating. The pack rack will no doubt get the job done. What’s in question is whether it’s really ethical to use it versus the real thing. You know, kinda like you preach about bows. So, I don’t think these opinions matter much. What does matter is your self esteem. If you can live with it David, give it a try. We won’t judge you for it.

01-Jan-18
My brother and I have the regular size and we like them and have rattled in deer over the years. I've heard him rattle from a distance with them and real antlers and they are realistic and far from sounding like plastic. I don't know how anyone can tell what specific product someone is using from the next property over. Could have been a rattle bag with those plastic sticks or some other cheap product that do sound like plastic. The rack pack does not IMO.

01-Jan-18
I've used them(magnum) the past few years and the seem to work as well as real antlers only a lot easier to carry. This past Nov 3rd I rattled 3 times on a all day sit and brought in 6 bucks. Some days they bring nothing. That's hunting!

01-Jan-18
"What does matter is your self esteem"... r u serious? Feel the same way about the "can"? I ask because I can make better deer calls using my own voice. Can't simulate horns crashing with my hands and fingers, though...

01-Jan-18
Yes, in a David A. kinda way. I just thought since you've spared no one your opinion of what a bow is, basing it on the technology and convenience factor making a compound less legit, I'd share my opinion that using something more convenient shouldn't align with the "harder is better" mantra. :^) Wouldn't you agree?

01-Jan-18
No, my opinion was many compounds are geared up unnecessarily complex. I own two compounds and even an airgun which shoots arrows I might use during rifle season. I'm not even against x bows in rifle season. Nor am I against rifles. In general I try to handicap myself somewhat regarding technology and value simplicity.

01-Jan-18
Also, I've devoted a lot of time to making trad. bows easier to shoot rather than harder.

01-Jan-18
I have seen it work just fine in NJ, Illinois, and Ohio. I can't speak for the rest of the globe though... It sure fits nice in my backpack. I stopped carrying "real horns" a long time ago, but then again I hunt with a compound bow and am still struggling to feel confident with my recurve...

02-Jan-18
I think the Magnum one sounds more like two mules fighting and the regular one more like whitetails. Monster whitetails, maybe the Magnum version?

02-Jan-18
I've been using the Magnum set for 5-6 years. They work great in Kansas and have called in many bucks of all sizes. In Michigan where there are 172 hunters per square mile (only slightly exaggerated) i have never had them work in calling in a buck. So in other words, it all depends on the location.

03-Jan-18
I have used the regular size for a few years. Rattled 1 in and killed in 2015. Rattled several others in but no other kills.

03-Jan-18
Don't get me wrong nothing substitute real horns, but yeah they work, and for their portability and convenience they are all I carry anymore... I don't leave home without them...

03-Jan-18
Lethal when used in conjunction with Acorn Cruncher.

• Sitka Gear